Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 04:35:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  Shooter's Meeting (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Checkered Pistol Grips? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do your pistolas have checkered grips?
Yes
No
Other: explain

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Checkered Pistol Grips?  (Read 78571 times)
Bibbyman
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2013, 06:46:51 am »

Here is a checked not checked puzzle.   These are grips off of a second generation Colt that had been modified long ago for fast draw. The grips are numbered with last 3 numbers of serial of gun so pretty sure came from factory.  But did they come smooth or did someone remove the checkering?
Steel Horse Bailey
Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot

« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2013, 01:42:14 pm »

Right you are, Sir Chas. - with a small exception.  The Selleck grips have a "Private" stripe in the center.  (Private as in Military rank)

Johnny M's have the same large checkering that looks so cool.

Nothing like a comment almost 6 months later!

Wink

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"        

SEE MY PHOTOS: http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/m1a1mstrgn/
NCOWS #1919 for Life, SASS Life #27463, NRA Life, Honourable Master of the Black Arts, GAF#98, SBSS, WARTHOG, STORM, American Legion Post # 495
*and a few other organizations*
F.&A.M. - Wayne Guthrie Lodge #753 *** Hiram's Rangers #105
(former) US Army M1 & M1A1 Tank Master Gunner
AKA - Jeff Bailey  A Three-Percenter & Sheepdog

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I aint comin' back. Burn the land; boil the sea: you can't take the sky from me. Have no place I must be; since I found Serenity:  you can't take the sky from me.
by Joss Whedon 2002 - Firefly
Johnny McCrae
Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

The older the violin, the finer the music

« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2013, 03:31:14 pm »

Thanks for the kind words Gents.

I did try to make this Pistol look like the one Tom Selleck used in the "Last stand at Saber River". It's one of my favorite Pistols and I keep it in a separate case. One of my winter projects will be making this style of grip for my 1873 SAA's.

* rt1.jpg (122.04 KB, 1000x535 - viewed 547 times.)

* rt2.jpg (120.03 KB, 1000x581 - viewed 458 times.)

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself
Steel Horse Bailey
Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot

« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2013, 08:33:35 am »

VERY nice, Big John!

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"        

SEE MY PHOTOS: http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/m1a1mstrgn/
NCOWS #1919 for Life, SASS Life #27463, NRA Life, Honourable Master of the Black Arts, GAF#98, SBSS, WARTHOG, STORM, American Legion Post # 495
*and a few other organizations*
F.&A.M. - Wayne Guthrie Lodge #753 *** Hiram's Rangers #105
(former) US Army M1 & M1A1 Tank Master Gunner
AKA - Jeff Bailey  A Three-Percenter & Sheepdog

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I aint comin' back. Burn the land; boil the sea: you can't take the sky from me. Have no place I must be; since I found Serenity:  you can't take the sky from me.
by Joss Whedon 2002 - Firefly
Slowhand53
Active citizen

« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2014, 06:59:32 pm »

Just put a set of black checkered polymer on my Taylor Cattleman which I ordered straight from Taylors. While I like the look of the wood ones that came on it, I found them kind of slippery.
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2017, 08:49:57 pm »

I shoot duelist and replaced the smooth rosewood Ruger grips with checkered horn on my vaqueros. I put patterned micartas on my Ruger birdsheads. I like checkered walnut on my colt and smith double actions and 1911s. I shoot them duelist too. Here's 2 nice uns.

* image.jpeg (241.79 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 35 times.)

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  Shooter's Meeting (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Checkered Pistol Grips? « previous next »
Jump to: