Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2019, 11:36:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Darksider's Den (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Major 2, Capt Quirk)  |  Topic: New to me Carbine 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New to me Carbine  (Read 211 times)
Pay Dirt Norvelle
Top Active Citizen

« on: January 11, 2019, 06:24:45 pm »

Hope this is the correct forum.  I just wanted to say that I have an Original Civil War Era Burnside Carbine coming.  I think it is in quite good shape from the look of it on the vendor's website.  I will probably shoot it a couple of times just to try it out.  I have found an online vendor that make cartridges for it. 

PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650
dusty texian
Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 07:56:10 pm »

Sounds like a great find Congratulations . Look forward to a shooting report . ,,,,DT
38OVI
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 08:27:00 pm »

There are several vendors who sell Burnside cases, including Dixie for starters.  I've used mine for over 50 years and it shoots well and is easy to clean. I have used plastic, aluminum and brass as well as Dixie's "gas collar" which I started with and still have.
Pay Dirt Norvelle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 11:29:19 pm »

380VI,
    Thanks for the information.  I am looking at Lodgewood Mfg.  They have both brass and nylon Burnside cases and I think that is who I will be going with.  I will check on Dixie's cases also.

PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650
Noz
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 11:24:46 am »

I shot CAC a few year back and wound up timing for the Plainsman side match.  One of the competetors was shooting a Burnside.  Did rather well as I recall.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Darksider's Den (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Major 2, Capt Quirk)  |  Topic: New to me Carbine « previous next »
Jump to: