Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2018, 09:03:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Yippie Sept is saved 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yippie Sept is saved  (Read 1840 times)
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2018, 09:16:06 am »

Morning all.

Cooler day today.  Only 60 right now, supposed to hit 75. 

First class of the day is psychology. We may or may not have a test today.  The professor was unsure last week.  No worries, my entire life is devoted to studying for your 3 credit class that is unrelated to my major. Roll Eyes

After that have an aviation class.  Focuses on the business aspect of flying, but at least it's related to my major.

Should get to fly for real today, too.  Which is kind of why I'm here to begin with.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2018, 09:46:15 am »

Let us all not forget today is 9/11

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2018, 01:01:54 pm »

I put my Flag at half staff first thing this morning.... Cry Cry

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2018, 06:23:09 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 50 and sunny. High of 80.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2018, 07:09:30 am »

Thank ye Mr Slim

Doc appointment at VA today.

Will be in Gadsden not Birmingham... may get some Catfish for lunch if doc don’t stress me too badly

Joshua 1.9

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2018, 11:34:05 am »

Alabama Catfish fry...my mouth is watering

I had it at Eufala, Ala and @ Mccallum's in Decatur  Grin

when planets align...do the trade !
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2018, 02:20:41 pm »

Afternoon all.

60 and overcast today.  Little bit of rain and some thunder forecast for tonight, but for now we're dry.

Had fun at the airport yesterday.  Everything was fine during preflight and taxi, and early part of takeoff roll was good.  Not once we hit 35kn airspeed the plane started really pulling to the left pretty bad.  We tried to compensate, but ended up aborting the take off right before rotation speed.  We still aren't sure what happened or why.  The lead flight instructor is teaching ground school, so I'm going to ask if he knows in a while.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2018, 07:03:56 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 50 and sunny. Fog in the creek bottoms. High of 77.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2018, 07:19:17 am »

Thank you for the coffee  Shocked

Not suppose to get any of the Hurricane, however it is overcsst and humid this morning

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2018, 11:00:02 am »

Morning all.

Overcast and cool today.  50 degrees right now.  Good weather for flying, though.

Had that psych test today.  The test was chapters 1-3.  So I studied chapters 2-3(1 was mostly an introduction), focusing on chapter 2 because I had trouble with it.  The test was mostly on chapter 3. Undecided

--TK

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2018, 12:13:45 pm »

Heard my youngest sibling/sister has headed to higher ground from her home in Charleston SC. I am glad to hear she is safe.

Major 2 i have yet to visit Ewfala - i will look for McCallums next we are in Decatur. We get that way at least once a year.  Our favorite place with several locations in Alabama is “Top of the River” however we have many more that have equally as good of meals and fish.  Like Pruitts in Gadsden, right across the road from the TotR location there. Neither suffer for business. Catfish is like BBQ. It is all good, some is just better than the others.
Btw farm raised catfish in this country, 90% comes from Alabama or Mississippi

You can thank Auburn school of fisheries for that

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2018, 01:50:11 pm »

Btw farm raised catfish in this country, 90% comes from Alabama or Mississippi

You can thank Auburn school of fisheries for that

I just get the mental image of Jackie Gleason/Buford T. Justice in chest waders when I hear that phrase.
"What do you do for a living?"
"I'm a catfish farmer."

I'm done now.

--TK

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2018, 01:04:47 am »

Read where the Cajun Navy has arrived, bunch good ol boy coonass from the bayou Country and there boats.  Don't get much publicity but do a hell of a service.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2018, 03:30:34 am »

Eufaula, Ala is down State from you some, I can't remember the name of the place  Undecided
I just remember,the white unimposing building,  nothing fancy, but good !

Buddy of mine , who lives in Henderson (near Troy)  told me awhile back McCollum's Catfish & Seafood - Decatur, AL, had closed, owner had passed .
“Top of the River” is very good too.  gets  5 stars.

You ever been to Ragland, Alabama ?  Town was founded by ancestor of mine.

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2018, 06:47:22 am »

Eufaula, Ala is down State from you some, I can't remember the name of the place  Undecided
I just remember,the white unimposing building,  nothing fancy, but good !

Buddy of mine , who lives in Henderson (near Troy)  told me awhile back McCollum's Catfish & Seafood - Decatur, AL, had closed, owner had passed .
“Top of the River” is very good too.  gets  5 stars.

You ever been to Ragland, Alabama ?  Town was founded by ancestor of mine.

Yes have been to Ragland, according to google it is 38 miles. Same county as we live. It seems closer driving.  .... Catfish and Bbq usually are better from places that the health department condemn.  Alabama is not hurting for a place to get either.  

M2 try this place if you have the opportunity,      https://www.jimnnicks.com/locations/

Morning Coffee is up.

Joshua 1.9

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2018, 07:03:03 am »

Morning Y'all, I'm heading to our state championship "Heluve Rukus" weather looks to be dry and mostly sunny, wish me luck, I'll try to check in throughout the weekend. Y'all stay safe and out of jail... Grin Grin

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2018, 07:04:44 am »

Shoot straight

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2018, 07:09:30 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Have fun and be safe, Major.

'Tis 52 and partly cloudy. High of 81.

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2018, 01:48:19 pm »

Afternoon all.

Overcast and cool again today. 65 degrees at the moment. Might get rain later.

Got history class out of the way today, now on to ground school.  Then there is a poetry reading tonight.  I don't particularly feel like going, but it's an easy 10 points of extra credit in history, and I'm not one to argue with extra credit.

--TK

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2018, 06:44:47 am »

Morning coffee is ready.

Joshua 1.9

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2018, 07:15:20 am »

Yes have been to Ragland, according to google it is 38 miles. Same county as we live. It seems closer driving.  .... Catfish and Bbq usually are better from places that the health department condemn.  Alabama is not hurting for a place to get either.  

M2 try this place if you have the opportunity,      https://www.jimnnicks.com/locations/

Morning Coffee is up.

I know that chain....Been to the one off 231 in Montgomery near Auburn.  I was in there once when some the team came in after a home win....place went NUTS

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2018, 07:33:43 am »

They are more in line with FamousDave’s with out the garbage can lids.  231 runs by near my home. Maybe 10 minutes away.  Jin n Nicks do raise their own pork in co-op of growers. They use mangnalista breeds. Some call the Wygu of pork.  Regardless they serve a good meal.

Speaking of Auburn have a bag wings for the game today

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2018, 08:16:50 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Daughter #2 had 21st birthday party last night. Gave her a Bersa .380 with red grips.

Daughters #3 and #4 have a cross-country meet this morning in Ripon. Be leaving in a little while.

Sprayed the horses this morn. The mosquitoes are awful 'cuz of the rain we had.

'Tis 62 and and cloudy. Humidity 94%. High of 83. Normal is 70.

Slim

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2018, 08:30:54 am »

They are more in line with FamousDave’s with out the garbage can lids.  231 runs by near my home. Maybe 10 minutes away.  Jin n Nicks do raise their own pork in co-op of growers. They use mangnalista breeds. Some call the Wygu of pork.  Regardless they serve a good meal.

Speaking of Auburn have a bag wings for the game today

War damn Eagle !

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2018, 12:07:27 pm »

War damn Eagle !

Finished chores this morning and put my Auburn Tee on. Suzanne had hers on when i returned to the house.  

Slim i imagine Flys are bad as well?

Joshua 1.9

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Yippie Sept is saved « previous next »
Jump to: