Author Topic: Revovler wads--Lubricated benefits??  (Read 8254 times)

Offline Bunk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Revovler wads--Lubricated benefits??
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2018, 09:12:50 PM »
I have always been a lube wad under the ball shooter. Lately I have tried grease over to see how much stays on from the barrel/cylinder gap blast. Much to my surprise a hard tallow and wax lube stays on also soft Crisco. It maybe on the gun I was shooting a "Goonized" Pietta.36 1851 Navy that the caliber and tight barrel gap had something to do with it.
The next test will be with a .44 Navy snubby set up by a well known gun plumber also with a tight gap we shall see.
The Navy load was 18 grains (weight) GOEX FFFg and a round ball. Not exactly a wimpy load.
The snubby will get about 20 grains (weight) FFFg Goex and a ball so we shall see.
Bunk

Offline hawkeye2

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 06:34:27 PM »
Quaker Puffed Wheat & Quaker Puffed Rice, they were shot from guns (for those of you who listened to "Sargent Preston of the Youkon" in the '50s).

Being very concerned with my diet I cut my wads from the fat on my bacon saving the lean meat to go with my egg whites.  The wads work extremly well and smell fantastic too.

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 08:27:57 PM »
You might taste that bacon fat to assess the salt content. Pure lard shouldn't have any added salt. However you have found a fine way to recycle a leftover.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:11:41 PM »

Offline riflee

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 10:41:46 AM »
The best there is fer lube is turtle fat mixed with Lamma  spit and gator crap with a touch of pigeon puss added. Freeze it in little solid pills form and always go shooting when the temp is below freezing. :o ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now you gotta know I'm kidding around right? :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com