Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2018, 02:04:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Here's coffee, tea and Independence. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here's coffee, tea and Independence.  (Read 10678 times)
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2018, 08:03:44 am »

There was an Iver Johnson with longer barrel ... All the S&W were 3"

when planets align...do the deal !
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2018, 09:23:30 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Trimmed one horse's hooves, yesterday. Should do the other today.

'Tis 75 and sunny. High of 85.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2018, 03:10:51 pm »

Too much for my  pockets...

Thank you Slim for the coffee.

Homefront ... not feeling any better, will call Doctor in morning...
Still rain in the area ...
On the plus sjde, my  Febuaray pullets have begun laying eggs.

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2018, 11:29:36 am »

Coffee and sweettea are ready

My weekend has started.

Waiting for Doctor to call me back. In the meantime i will go get some chicken feed and a couple bales of hay

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2018, 03:10:43 pm »

Afternoon all.

98 and sunny in California.  I just finished doing a bit of yard work, so I'm going to enjoy a cup of coffee and jello cake.

I should get my new loading press tomorrow.  I'm going to the city with my mom though, so I guess my brother will have to take delivery.  I'll pick up some components in the city.  Hopefully get a rifle sold while I'm down there, too.

--TK

"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2018, 07:45:10 pm »

Evening y'all.
No coffee for me, but bring on the iced lemon bicarbonate.

Trimmed the other horses hooves, yesterday.

Took Esther to 4H air rifle practice at 18:00. Sweat was running down my face.  Roll Eyes

One of our cats had 4 kittens a month ago. She disappeared a few days ago. Therefore, we are dropper feeding the kittens.  Roll Eyes

A friend, that knows I like cowboy guns, brought a 1893 Marlin in .32-40 made in 1894 over. I ended up buying it for $400. I took it to the local toy store owner that has a Marlin collection. He said it was a nice gun and I got it for a good price.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2018, 05:52:42 am »

"A friend, that knows I like cowboy guns, brought a 1893 Marlin in .32-40 made in 1894 over. I ended up buying it for $400. I took it to the local toy store owner that has a Marlin collection. He said it was a nice gun and I got it for a good price. "

I love these stories ...even better when that happens to me  Wink

congrats , love to see a photo or two.... thanks

Off to the work 20.... bid on a Custom expo booth yesterday for a California show... otherwise easy money

Thanks for the coffee...and feel better Roo

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2018, 07:10:17 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 66 and sunny. High of 84.

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2018, 08:12:18 am »

Thanks for the Coffee

Im with the Major on your find... that is a great deal on the Marlin...

Been following the Cave rescue in Thailand... it was great to hear all the boys have been rescued. Waiting to hear about rescuers getting out. I am sure a movie will follow. 

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2018, 11:14:43 am »

Still want to know why the coach was dumb enough to take them in.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2018, 03:15:31 pm »

Afternoon all.

Spent my morning doing more fire proofing of the yard.  Cutting long grass, removing low hanging limbs, things of that sort.  Got a truck load of dead grass and branches to take to the dump later.

Got my Lee press in the mail today.  I'm about to size and deprime some 280 and 223.  I'd go all the way with it, but I don't have the right components.  No 7mm bullets, large rifle primers, or right powder.  All I got is Unique.

Sounds like a good deal on the Marlin.

--TK

"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2018, 06:05:23 pm »

Still want to know why the coach was dumb enough to take them in.

I love caves and caverens... i guess it is on the same thought of why does one want to jump out if a perfectly good airplane? 

Had bbq from Moes today...

Joshua 1.9

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2018, 06:10:34 pm »

what Lee press did you get TK ?

had Chili Dogs for Supper.... ( no Beans ! )  chopped onions .... and 4 TUMS  Wink for desert

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2018, 07:37:06 pm »

what Lee press did you get TK ?

had Chili Dogs for Supper.... ( no Beans ! )  chopped onions .... and 4 TUMS  Wink for desert

I got their Hand Press.  It doesn't require being bolted to anything, an is about the size of a stapler.  It also came in a set with case lube and a powder funnel... Why those two items instead of something else (like a hand primer or a case trimmer) I don't know.  But, for $60, I won't complain.

--TK

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2018, 07:55:01 pm »

Evening Y'all, I'm still not getting notified on new messages here. I just got back fro a 3 day shoot in Pa, It rained on the way there, But stopped just before I arrived, rest of the weekend was mid 70's to low 80's sunny and low humidity. I shot poorly ending up with 8 misses and a "P". But I got to shoot with a couple World Champions from EOY that are friends of mine. All in all it was a great weekend. Y'all be good.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2018, 01:15:08 am »

I love caves and caverens... i guess it is on the same thought of why does one want to jump out if a perfectly good airplane? 

Had bbq from Moes today...

Sources I heard says they went past signs telling them not to go further due to dangers of flooding due to the rainy season.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2018, 01:18:58 am »

Well, I have learned one thing.  So long as I have this hand press i will never need a gym. I sized 160 Wolf 223 cases.  It was... Rough. Tomorrow I've got a city trip, so I'll pick up some components for other calibers.

--TK

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2018, 05:55:20 am »

Does Wolf make brass cases? I thought they only made steel (and berdan primers). 160 steel cases would indeed be a workout.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2018, 07:04:30 am »

Does Wolf make brass cases? I thought they only made steel (and berdan primers). 160 steel cases would indeed be a workout.

Besides not safe to reload?
I agree about work out- now you know why there was case lube in package.

Morning Coffee is up.

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2018, 12:38:41 pm »

Sources I heard says they went past signs telling them not to go further due to dangers of flooding due to the rainy season.

Have you read those signs? Lol
Sign to left says either guerrilla fighters may hail bullets or motars on you or the monsoon rains will cause your jeeps to wash away.  Our president said no soldiers were in Laos and Cambodia.  He didnt mention Airmen or Air America 

* E761F916-4240-4EF2-BCED-3D9CD71ED59A.jpeg (85.37 KB, 504x348 - viewed 39 times.)

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2018, 12:51:44 pm »

Btw local Harware store got in .22 rat/snake shoot loads. First in 3 years. He is trying to get it in .38 now.  Local stores are awesome- i needed a #6 torx tip- to replace the pocket clip on my Kershaw Oso Sweet folder. No questions ask they sent the part out in about 10 days total. Up to me to change it. My set i use for guns only went to #9.  He did not have one. But took one out of his personal set $.50. He said hed order one or two.
I offered to bring it back to him. He said, no he had never needed it before now.

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2018, 02:29:42 pm »

It's Wolf Gold, which is 223 is brass case.  I think they get it from S&B or PPV.

--TK

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2018, 04:58:20 pm »

It's Wolf Gold, which is 223 is brass case.  I think they get it from S&B or PPV.

--TK

The young whipper snapper learned us something

Wolf Gold 223 Remington Ammo 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket
Target Sports USA wolf-gold-223-remi...
This is the real deal, lowest priced 223 Remington ammo on the market made by Wolf Gold. Wolf Gold 223 Remington ammo features a 55 Grain FMJ bullet, brass casing and a non-corrosive primer. ... Wolf Gold 223 ammo is new production manufactured in Taiwan to M193 Specs using a 55 grain ...
Ammo

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2018, 07:45:30 pm »

Afternoon all.

Just got back from a city trip.  Went well enough.  Got groceries and some reloading stuff.  Made a stop at the gun shop, and it looks like aSig 229 .40 might be joining my collection in exchange for a rifle.  We'll see.

--TK

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2018, 10:01:59 pm »

The young whipper snapper learned us something

Lots of "new and different" stuff it seems. I recently got into shooting 9mm and have learned:
Blazer doesn't just make aluminum cased ammo.

Federal does offer aluminum.

Winchester offers steel cased ammo(if you don't want steel, don't buy the brown cardboard military looking box"

Seems stuff changes over many years of only shooting what you reloaded, from your own long time hoard of components.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Here's coffee, tea and Independence. « previous next »
Jump to: