Author Topic: April showers make Cowboys smell better while drinking Coffee, Tea or your favor  (Read 43160 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 27 and partly cloudy. High of 61.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Thanks for the coffee. Big chance of rain again today.  We are needing it. 

Big storms to our south Ft Walton Beacch  area. We had lots of rain yesterday and looks like more today
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Afternoon all.

I'm back in Anaconda as of 1900 last night.  Staying until later today, then on the road.  Hope to make it to Elko NV tonight.  Maybe Winnemucca. 

Woke up to two inches of fresh white stuff on top of the three feet from the winter.  Yay.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I lived as a crow flies just over “the divide” from Anaconda, and just south of it also. By horse it was a couple days.. by pickup truck was also, at times. ...

I take it you will be taking 93 southwards to Elko
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 31 and sunny. High of 64.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thanks for the coffee.. had a couple equipment failures yesterday. Setting my recovery back a bit. Fixed them now and moving on.  Got outside some yesterday afterwards. I usually find a issue with my Jeep after it sits a week or so. Not this time.

Might attempt a trip to bank this afternoon. Believe it or not the company i work for,  has 500 employees and still hand cuts payroll. It may end soon though. I have not picked them up for 2 weeks now ........... and the bank thinks i left town.

Have a safe day
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning all.

Got into Fernley NV last night around 0130.  Didn't the night in the back parking lot of the Flying J truck stop.  I'm running almost purely on caffeine and attitude right now.  But there's only about 6 hours until home.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
All day rain here in NC. Good coffee weather. I did get my yard mowed yesterday including the front ditch. The ditch had been too wet to cut the last two mows. Get to go to the doctors this afternoon. Not impressed. But I plan on hitting a gun-pawn shop while I'm in town. I picked up two bricks of federal 550 .22s at Wally World Sunday. Got a local gun show this coming weekend but it's my CAS club monthly shoot on Saturday, haven't decided on what I'm shooting. Probably my Marlin Cowboy .45, Marlin pump shotgun and a pair of S&W DAs. This is my Thunder Ranch.45acp.  Can't wait.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Afternoon all.

I'm back on the home and now.  My dog is estatic. 

--TK

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Afternoon all.

I'm back on the home and now.  My dog is estatic. 

--TK

Dogs are always glad to see you even if no one else is.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning Coffee is up...
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Thanks for the coffee.

All day rain here in NC. Good coffee weather. I did get my yard mowed yesterday including the front ditch. The ditch had been too wet to cut the last two mows. Get to go to the doctors this afternoon. Not impressed. But I plan on hitting a gun-pawn shop while I'm in town. I picked up two bricks of federal 550 .22s at Wally World Sunday. Got a local gun show this coming weekend but it's my CAS club monthly shoot on Saturday, haven't decided on what I'm shooting. Probably my Marlin Cowboy .45, Marlin pump shotgun and a pair of S&W DAs. This is my Thunder Ranch.45acp.  Can't wait.
CAS now allows DA pistols and Marlin pump shotguns? Or just the local CAS club?

'Tis 37 and sunny. High of 55.

Slim

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
No Slim, SASS is still as narrow minded and lawyered up as ever. My cas club, EC SASS is not affiliated with SASS, so we do what we want. We certainly have CAS rules and use both WASA rules and SASS rules which allow the shooters to safely use SA, DA s or self loaders (1911s) and the dreaded Marlin pump sg, their choice and their responsibility. We don't have any members who object to other shooters using the non SASS guns. We all enjoy the firearms, the competition and our super friends and don't get hung up on some artificial idea that it's 1873 all over again and your pistol, rifle, outfit doesn't fit. It's a game not a reenactment, enjoy yourself, be safe.
I'm the good looking guy with the muttonchops. Hey, just noticed, non of the other shooters are in British uniforms, they can't shoot because they're not correctly dressed, right???!!!
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Thanks for the coffee.
CAS now allows DA pistols and Marlin pump shotguns? Or just the local CAS club?

'Tis 37 and sunny. High of 55.

Slim

Use to shoot at 10Sleeps place, this way.  Most just shot SASS. But they didn’t run you off if guns were before like 1914... if i remember correctly.

Shot some of mine that way- and shot Wildbunch (my first ever) with Blackpowder there. Someone thought i blew up my 1911.

Thought the British soldiers was just lost on wrong continent-

Trying to get some energy going again. Between the flu and this reason crude. I have been drug down.  Today is first time i fed chickens on my own in over 2 weeks.  I need to get it healed up and going again. My wife is needing to have some same day surgerory and will be down about 10 days. So i need to get it in gear. Then the weather don’t help.  I suppose we, Just take what it hands us and go on.  
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
No Slim, SASS is still as narrow minded and lawyered up as ever. My cas club, EC SASS is not affiliated with SASS, so we do what we want. We certainly have CAS rules and use both WASA rules and SASS rules which allow the shooters to safely use SA, DA s or self loaders (1911s) and the dreaded Marlin pump sg, their choice and their responsibility. We don't have any members who object to other shooters using the non SASS guns. We all enjoy the firearms, the competition and our super friends and don't get hung up on some artificial idea that it's 1873 all over again and your pistol, rifle, outfit doesn't fit. It's a game not a reenactment, enjoy yourself, be safe.
I'm the good looking guy with the muttonchops. Hey, just noticed, non of the other shooters are in British uniforms, they can't shoot because they're not correctly dressed, right???!!!
Sounds like a great club.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
It does, too bad it's about 12 hours away  :(

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thanks Slim and Major, it's a great bunch of guys and gals.
 Litl rooster, I also shot with an exceptional fellow named Ten Sleeps who has since passed along with his better half Ms Annie. Is this the shooter you're referring to? He was one in a million.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The one n the same
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Ten Sleep started this  coffee group, several of the old ones of the group have passed on.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I shot with him and enjoyed his and Ms Annies company at the NC state match numerous times. He had more fun playing this game than anybody that I've ever shot with. He came out to the beach and shot my Wild Bunch match, complete with a mock 1917, that I put together. He's certainly missed.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com