Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2018, 09:30:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt Firearms (Moderator: St. George)  |  Topic: Paterson nipples 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paterson nipples  (Read 652 times)
Battis
Citizen

« on: February 05, 2018, 03:34:16 pm »

I recently got a Paterson repro (pretty sure it's Uberti) dated 1971.  It's missing a few nipples (4 slotted type).  I ordered some from Taylors but the thread size is slightly too large.  Does anyone know a source of old Uberti nipples?  I've looked everywhere.
Thanks.
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 06:48:13 pm »

Ah, would be wiling to bet your Patterson is a Pietta.
Battis
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 07:15:22 pm »

I had a Pietta years ago but it wasn't this old.  This one is marked "Made in Italy" but that's all (plus Italian proof marks).  What makes me think it's an Uberti are the nipples with the four slots.  Did Pietta make those types of nipples?
Battis
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 08:41:36 pm »

Now I'm wondering...looking at the four slotted nipples, it looks like they might have been altered to fit.  Maybe someone fit Uberti nipples in a Pietta.  Anyone know the thread diameter of a Pietta Paterson nipple?
LongWalker
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 10:22:53 pm »

Check the offerings from Track of the Wolf www.trackofthewolf.com  They probably have the correct nipples in stock, and list the thread size. 

In my book a pioneer is a man who turned all the grass upside down, strung bob-wire over the dust that was left, poisoned the water, cut down the trees, killed the Indian who owned the land and called it progress.  Charles M. Russell
Battis
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 11:31:01 pm »

I measured the cylinder threads (M5-08 or 10/32") and called Track of the Wolf but they said that size nipple would be very hard to find.
They suggested drilling and tapping to a more common size.
Long Johns Wolf
Top Active Citizen

"Centaures will make you become addicted"

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 03:34:20 am »

I am pretty certain your Paterson was made by MOFRA, Italy.
Their logo are the two diamonds.
They became eventually a member of the PIETTA group.
Possibly, Pietta nipples will work
Long Johns Wolf.

* 1-FIL17546-001.JPG (49.67 KB, 237x400 - viewed 42 times.)

BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS
Battis
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 07:08:34 am »

There is a very small MOFRA stamped on the bottom of the barrel.  From what I was told, the Pietta nipples will also fit an 1860 .44, which I have, so I was able to test one, and they're definitely too big.
I'll try Dixie Gunworks today and see if they have any.
If I had a lathe, and the skills and knowledge to use it, I'd be all set.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt Firearms (Moderator: St. George)  |  Topic: Paterson nipples « previous next »
Jump to: