Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 24, 2018, 05:19:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: SAA Old Model or Pre-War ?? What to do ... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SAA Old Model or Pre-War ?? What to do ...  (Read 338 times)
Sharky
Citizen

« on: February 01, 2018, 12:50:56 pm »

Guys,
          Just getting started in Cowboy Action Shooting and I know I don't want the " NEW " Hammer design on the Uberti guns but as of right now the Pietta Frontier is offered in Old Model and Pre-War with the old style hammer so NO crazy floating firing pin nonsense that Uberti has gone to. My question is should I be looking at the Old Model or the Pre-War  ? Pro's Vs Con's

Thanks in advance

Cholla Hill Tirador
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 01:49:49 pm »

I talked to Chip at Cimarron a couple of weeks ago. He said as of right now, none of the Pietta's use the retracting firing pin and the Model P and Old Models made by Uberti. He gave the the exact model numbers of their firearms made by UbertI that still have the original type firing pins, but I've misplaced that info!

CHT
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 02:11:52 pm »

Howdy Sharky,
I answered on the SASS Wire, but for CHT will mention that all the Cimarron Old Model (BP frame) Model P's will retain the original firing pin and hammer for 2 years (so they are currently saying).  Also they are importing some of the Evil Roy competition models now with the Old Model frame so they also have the standard hammer.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: SAA Old Model or Pre-War ?? What to do ... « previous next »
Jump to: