Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 03:14:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Tiz February, Blue Moon & coffee served hot 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tiz February, Blue Moon & coffee served hot  (Read 13007 times)
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2018, 08:23:17 pm »

Sweet.....

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2018, 02:24:50 am »

Good night at work.  Got there, the boss had wrote off some out dated stuff I hauled to the dumpster.  Got to toss a case and a half of pumpkin spice coffee out.  Hope the homeless Yuppies don't find it, SOB's will be brewing it behind the dumpster in Redd's Apple Ale cans and smoking American Spirit butts they find on the ground.

Chinese place behind had a know show on take out. Owner dropped it off to me at close. He don't speak English well but I work around it with him and understand what he wants.so I guess he likes me.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2018, 09:13:47 am »

Morning all, coffee is hot and fresh. Found some old Pumpkin spice coffee, and thought I'd share Wink

It is currently wet out, but nice, temperature wise. Had to run to the outhouse in the middle of the night, and it was downright balmy out. I could live with this, if it didn't leave our road a swampy mess. I guess I was caught off guard by the rain, because they didn't grade the road first.

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2018, 09:40:01 am »

Free Chinese take out is always good.  Something we could use in this area...

Thanks for the Coffee... it could use a little more nutmeg...Grin

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2018, 10:27:22 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Dusting overnight.

'Tis 16 and cloudy. "Mostly cloudy with a chance of light snow in the morning  then sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 20s. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2018, 05:49:56 pm »

Had freezing rain overnight, about 1/8 to 1/4 on the ground. Only safe place to walk is in the grass. Everything was cancelled today. School cancelled for tomorrow. But not work...noooo, never work. Unless of course, the mail truck never comes, but WE still have to show up and wait around for it.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2018, 06:28:19 pm »

Had freezing rain overnight, about 1/8 to 1/4 on the ground. Only safe place to walk is in the grass. Everything was cancelled today. School cancelled for tomorrow. But not work...noooo, never work. Unless of course, the mail truck never comes, but WE still have to show up and wait around for it.

One of us is always in the little shack- regardless of weather. It has looked pretty barren here during bad weather.  BTW during tornados weather,  we move the operation indoors.
Have had a heap big bunch of rain the past few days.

Joshua 1.9

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2018, 07:06:02 pm »

It is said that as many days as there are in the whole journey, so many are the men and horses that stand along the road, each horse and man at the interval of a day’s journey; and these are stayed neither by snow nor rain nor heat nor darkness from accomplishing their appointed course with all speed.
— Herodotus    Grin

it is a thankless job ... such is the fate of the Veteran soldier , Police , and Post Office  Sad

thank you

when planets align...do the deal !
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2018, 09:24:24 pm »

Watching “the Sheepman” on Grit... got a kick out of Edgar Buchanan’s hide out revolver. Teathered by a piece of rope over his shoulder.

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2018, 12:18:33 am »

Evening all. 

Weather cooled down here today.  Only got 50, with a 20 mile wind.
Picked up a Plano rifle case today at Sportsman's.  Had a discount, got it for $45.  Holds any two of my long guns and Beretta comfortably, and it has holes molded in for a padlock, so I guess that's worth something.

I'm kind of thinking about selling my Remington c&b revolver, but I'm not sure.  I'd be using the money to buy a motorcycle helmet, but without a motorcycle, buying a helmet seems a little pointless.  I don't know.  I haven't been able to fix the indexing on the stupid thing, so I haven't shot it in three years, but selling a gun is always hard.  Someone talk me out of it. Roll Eyes

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2018, 02:00:20 am »

It is said that as many days as there are in the whole journey, so many are the men and horses that stand along the road, each horse and man at the interval of a day’s journey; and these are stayed neither by snow nor rain nor heat nor darkness from accomplishing their appointed course with all speed.
— Herodotus    Grin

it is a thankless job ... such is the fate of the Veteran soldier , Police , and Post Office  Sad

thank you

Convenance store people also.  People need beer, gas, cigs and snacks no matter the weather. Tongue

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2018, 07:25:39 am »

Convenance store people also.  People need beer, gas, cigs and snacks no matter the weather. Tongue

Yep

Evening all. 

Weather cooled down here today.  Only got 50, with a 20 mile wind.
Picked up a Plano rifle case today at Sportsman's.  Had a discount, got it for $45.  Holds any two of my long guns and Beretta comfortably, and it has holes molded in for a padlock, so I guess that's worth something.

I'm kind of thinking about selling my Remington c&b revolver, but I'm not sure.  I'd be using the money to buy a motorcycle helmet, but without a motorcycle, buying a helmet seems a little pointless.  I don't know.  I haven't been able to fix the indexing on the stupid thing, so I haven't shot it in three years, but selling a gun is always hard.  Someone talk me out of it. Roll Eyes

--TK

Don’t sell it!  That said it is easier to sell a properly working weapon  than one that is not.  If you can find a cowboy shooting match, you’ll probably find someone who can fix your Remmy.

Coffee is up.

Weather man says Florida panhandle has had 11 inches of rain the past few days. I think we have had half of that

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2018, 08:07:00 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis -8 and clear. High of 17.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2018, 09:01:16 am »

Tis currently dry, upper 50's-mid 60's. Got fresh hot coffee going, so all is good.

I even found a motorcycle helmet, willing to trade for guns...

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2018, 10:39:27 pm »

And to think we have a ferel hog problem in the south

Giant pig caught on camera ravaging dumpster near school goes viral

Joshua 1.9

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2018, 03:58:00 am »

Reached 88 yesterday , summer's back

" Giant pig caught on camera ravaging dumpster"  

I think I saw that photo

* rosie.png (284.64 KB, 540x380 - viewed 28 times.)

* wild-boar_tu-dong.jpg (11.77 KB, 270x152 - viewed 33 times.)

when planets align...do the deal !
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2018, 07:27:05 am »

Litl Roo, I think maybe you need to upgrade your carry gun when taking out the trash. Not sure a snubby .38 will do for that!
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2018, 08:03:30 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 4 and overcast. High of 29.

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2018, 08:57:31 am »

Thanks for the coffee Slim.  Overcast and 45 this sunup.
Rain seems to be in forecast a little longer.

M2 that was photo- i cannot find the link i found the story on now. So i can repair it. I am sure there is some villager in Hong Kong wishing he had very large caliber firearm. Or a fast shooting one.
The other pig is is just that.

Litl Roo, I think maybe you need to upgrade your carry gun when taking out the trash. Not sure a snubby .38 will do for that!

Might just have to keep my 45-70 rifle handy for that one. Grin

Joshua 1.9

Sod Buster
My Barn, My Rules
Top Active Citizen

What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2018, 07:22:12 pm »

And of course Annie Lee, cooked in El Kabong the other night.

I heard from her sister yesterday.  She lives in Florida.

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2018, 07:48:19 pm »

Saw a big coyote in the neighbor's field on the way to verk this morn.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2018, 08:01:33 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 11 and light fog. High of 41.

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2018, 08:20:42 am »

Thanks for the Coffee....Slim.  I imagine a coyote there would have a much nicer coat than the ones here have. 

Sod Buster have you kept in touch with her son?

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2018, 09:39:23 am »

In case any of you forgot- today is Valentines day.... run don’t walk Wink psa from Uncle Ralph

Joshua 1.9

Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2018, 09:47:24 am »

We have coyotes here in eastern NC. Used to see them driving to work and on the plantsite often( an open pit phosphate mine). They always looked like mangy German shepherds to me. You never see them hit on the road though. Cool and foggy here this morning. Going to warm up to 60 today. Time to get another cup.
You beat me to it rooster, I was going to remind all those lovers in CAS city that today was their day. Time to spend a couple of 20 dollar gold eagles for their honey.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Tiz February, Blue Moon & coffee served hot « previous next »
Jump to: