Author Topic: Custer Documentary Near Completion  (Read 4125 times)

Offline shrapnel

• There is nothing like the original
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Keeping what made the West safe, alive
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Custer Documentary Near Completion
« on: January 31, 2018, 05:42:38 PM »
A friend and I have been pursuing what happened to the personal effects taken from the Custer soldiers for quite a few years. We made a teaser video about 5 years ago and the History Channel picked it up and filmed for about 5 weeks the fall of 2016. We saw some video of the uncompleted project and it appears that they are going to get the documentary completed and maybe even broadcast this coming May or June.

It has been quite a few years and miles to get to this point, but it looks like it might finally happen. We haven't tried to visit the overworked philosophical aspects of the battle or who did what and where, we have researched different documents of what happened to the artifacts from the battle. There is so much conjecture about historical figures and events, that we aren't interested in rehashing these kinds of situations. We have found some real unique aspects of what happened after the battle, that it is quite interesting to see that, to this point, what we filmed is entirely unique to anything produced to date.

I hope to see this get broadcast and find out what the opinion of viewers might be. If all goes well, there should be 3 programs and hopefully enough interest to add a couple more years of research and discovery to one of America's Crown Jewels of history.
I never considered myself a failure...I started out at the bottom and happen to like it here!

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 634
Re: Custer Documentary Near Completion
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 06:59:23 PM »
That sounds great!  Keep us informed.

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline Buffalo Creek Law Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 10:01:49 PM »
I have a book by Will Hutchison called Artifacts of the Battle of the Little Big Horn.  It shows photos of the known items that were at the battle site.  Some of the items shown are from the owners of persons who were at the battle but the items were not necessarily at the battle site, such as, Custer's toothbrush, comb and hairbrush.

Just as an aside, there were 17 Canadians serving with the 7th Cavalry at the Little Big Horn.  Two commissioned officers and 15 other ranks.  The officers were Lt William W. Cooke, Custer's adjutant and Lt. Donald McIntosh, "G" Company Commander with Renos Battalion. Both officers were KIA.

SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:43:30 AM »

Offline shrapnel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 10:16:33 PM »

Lots of speculation on what happened and why. We have been fortunate enough to find new territory and new data...

I never considered myself a failure...I started out at the bottom and happen to like it here!

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 08:59:52 AM »
Looking forward to seeing it!

Offline treebeard

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »
It is a great idea and I will be looking forward to seeing the documentary. I was touring the Rosebud battlefield and met a Native American descendent of some of the participants. She volunteered the information that a lot of the relics were hidden at the time and we’re still there while pointing in the general direction of the landscape.

Offline Oldgold

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 07:15:43 PM »
Any updates?

Offline DB Books

• My alter-ego
  • Very Active Citizen
  • JB's vengeful brother
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 04:49:00 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to see that myself? All the guns, clothing, uniforms, etc that were taken off the soldiers.
Never take life too seriously...there's always somebody else that will!

Offline shrapnel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 10:03:52 AM »
It was released initially on September 28, 2018. Although the 3 hour feature was well done, it was a disappointment as they turned it into a family story and didn't follow the course that Craig and I had originally planned. The history of the aftermath of the battle was not included and they went with a different story line that failed to show what the core of our work and research was about.

https://watch.historyvault.com/shows/custer-the-final-mystery/season-1/episode-1

Offline DB Books

• My alter-ego
  • Very Active Citizen
  • JB's vengeful brother
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 03:17:02 PM »
Have to start a free trial or be a paying member to watch it?
Never take life too seriously...there's always somebody else that will!

Offline Quick Draw McGraw

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 11:16:44 PM »
Is there anyway to watch without joining?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com