Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2018, 06:00:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  STORM (Moderators: RRio, Major 2)  |  Topic: The Cherub is almost done... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Cherub is almost done...  (Read 798 times)
Tinker Pearce
Top Active Citizen

« on: January 12, 2018, 11:08:06 pm »

This started life as an unfinished kit-gun that was missing the locking-bolt. It's an 1849 replica, probably an ASM, but it had no marks, no proofs, nothing. I decided it needed to be a .22. I cut the barrel and reshaped it to resemble the 'Avenging Angel' style of gun- though this one is more of an 'Irritable Cherub...'  I sleeved the barrel with rifled barrel-liner and cut a forcing-cone, then turned down the back of the cylinder, bored it through and sleeved the chambers.

I had to modify a locking bolt from an Uberti, but eventually it worked out. The breech-plate is half-hard 5160 spring steel with a loading port cut in one side. I want to mount a rebounding firing pin, but there's not a lot of room...

I'd set this one aside for a few months, but now I really want to get it done.
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:17:20 am »

one of a kind!

The Pathfinder
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 01:35:24 pm »

Sweet! I know Dixie Gun Works at one time offered a kit for the 1862 Pocket Navy (they called it the 1853), I guess I never realized someone offered the 1849 Pocket as a kit. Great idea tho' and I love the name 'Irritable Cherub'.
Tinker Pearce
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 02:33:46 pm »

I'm assuming it was a kit because it was completely unfinished- cast-lines on the brass, steel parts not really fitted, no finish on any part.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 03:37:13 pm »

Very COOL

I'm also posting this on the Avenging angel,  belly gun thread.... yeah its just that cool !
Tinker Pearce
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 11:28:34 pm »

Here's the gun in basically finished form-

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  STORM (Moderators: RRio, Major 2)  |  Topic: The Cherub is almost done... « previous next »
Jump to: