Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2018, 04:12:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Coffee's on, Up lifting the mug to you and the New Year 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coffee's on, Up lifting the mug to you and the New Year  (Read 9174 times)
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2018, 09:01:30 pm »

Gary Cooper Springfield Rifles now on GRIT TV

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2018, 09:14:58 pm »

Sorry Major but even with a sexy bayonet it's stil an unattractive rifle. But it's French like a Citroen, cest le vi. Pardon my french. Monsuirer.

"We got guns, they got guns, all God's chillen got guns." But I've got a bayonet too!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"    I beholding it, therefor  " c'est magnifique "  Wink
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2018, 02:24:15 am »

Got one of those AR-type bayonets, got it given to !email a few years ago.  Figure it's my bug out knife if I ever decide to bug out.

Got first coat of oil on the hatchets tonight, went Yuppie and dug underthe bench and found my bottle of Walmart rapeseed oil ala CANOLA oil or as I call it, Canuck revenge.  A little slower drying than linseed oil, but much more water proof.  Saw the other day Homeless Depot has pints of drier, may have to go back and buy a can to spearmint with. 

Need some fiber dics to grind on double bit with.  Stopped at the local real hardware store and my favorite old phart was there.  Always talk to the old phart at the hardware store, they know stuff the kids never imagined.

* 1wegi9.jpg (71.98 KB, 500x500 - viewed 20 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2018, 04:26:41 am »

The subject is Bayonets  Oui ?

My Berthier

Where have you unearthed a berthier?  Shocked only know a fellow who has one here, and I'm in Europe, and he was missing the clips.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2018, 06:43:39 am »

Got one of those AR-type bayonets, got it given to !email a few years ago.  Figure it's my bug out knife if I ever decide to bug out.

Got first coat of oil on the hatchets tonight, went Yuppie and dug underthe bench and found my bottle of Walmart rapeseed oil ala CANOLA oil or as I call it, Canuck revenge.  A little slower drying than linseed oil, but much more water proof.  Saw the other day Homeless Depot has pints of drier, may have to go back and buy a can to spearmint with.  

Need some fiber dics to grind on double bit with.  Stopped at the local real hardware store and my favorite old phart was there.  Always talk to the old phart at the hardware store, they know stuff the kids never imagined.

Birds of a feather ...then,  Del ?  
However Spearmint flavor drier in your CANOLA oil   Grin  parish the though   Wink

ST - A local collector was liquidating mostly AR's , Ruger Mini 14's and pump Shotguns...
But he did have this Arsenal refurbished Berthier M1892 Artillery carbine Manufacture d'Armes de Chatellerault ,  w/ bayonet still in cosmoline probably done in the 1930's or 50's stored & un-used since .
Chamber was packed with the stuff , as was the bolt & wood under the barrel.

I found the 3 round clips on EBay , bought Prvi Partizan Label rounds, the little gun KICKS like an Arkansas Mule !
I've slugged it @ .329 and will reload with and shoot lead.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2018, 09:04:14 am »

Morning coffee is up... cold here again was 12 a hour ago

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2018, 10:47:57 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis -1 and mostly sunny. High of 15. Sn*w tonight.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2018, 11:06:57 am »

Commanche Moon and later today the Wild Bunch on GRIT.  Both on my watch often list

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2018, 11:30:24 am »

Capt Q is your 94 stamped US ?
I'm sure it is stamped US, but won't swear to it. It is one of the newer 70's models, with plastic furniture and that funky safety feature in the lever. It isn't as sweet as the older models with wood, but it is still a trusty rifle.

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2018, 05:21:25 pm »

I'm sure it is stamped US, but won't swear to it. It is one of the newer 70's models, with plastic furniture and that funky safety feature in the lever. It isn't as sweet as the older models with wood, but it is still a trusty rifle.

I thought maybe you had a Government issue coast watchers/ or jailers model with a bayonet  lug.  Friend has one stamp on reciever and stock U.S.

Tacticle Cowboy

https://youtu.be/k2bHKh2eDis

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2018, 06:18:37 pm »

Funature or stock?   Never seen a 94 musket type with a plastic anything.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2018, 06:38:38 pm »

I thought maybe you had a Government issue coast watchers/ or jailers model with a bayonet  lug.  Friend has one stamp on reciever and stock U.S.

Tacticle Cowboy

https://youtu.be/k2bHKh2eDis
That is not the case, it is a plain 30-30 lever gun, no lug.

@ Delmonico, a lot of these were made in the late 60's- 70's with plastic. I hate it. But, trying to buy wood for it would cost me more than I paid for the rifle. Go figger.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2018, 06:55:18 pm »

Post a picture, never seen one with plastic till the 90's.

As for cost about $35 should get you a plain walnut 2 piece stock blank off E-Bay.  Just takes simple tools after that.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2018, 07:54:00 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 15 and snowing. 2" of sn@w overnight. "Light snow. Snow accumulation of 2 to 3 inches. Highs in the lower 20s. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2018, 12:15:13 pm »

Couple more inches of the Evil White Stuff overnight, on top of the previous days supply. Secondary paved roads sn*w packed, primary partially covered. Went to town for feed for the cows(slowly). Otherwise enjoying the government jobs holiday.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2018, 02:42:49 pm »

Thanks for Coffee- Slim

‘spectin’ snow tomorrow. The state has put pre-treat on the interstate.  They must feel there is merit in reports or they just had holiday overtime pay in the budget to spend.  Presently sunny and 55 degrees
We just finished our co-op run. Straw for bedding and a couple bales of hay. Some feed for goats ... extra bedding for pig

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2018, 07:20:32 pm »

Evening y'all.
Drove home in 4x4. All roads are sn*w covered. 4" so far.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2018, 07:22:25 pm »

BTW, fell on sn*w covered ice this morn. Icing my left elbow, now.  Sad

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2018, 07:58:26 pm »

Ouch! Hope you didn’t break anything.

Front apparently is in Memphis area, headed this way.  Working tomorrow covering sick co worker.  (flu)

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2018, 08:04:12 pm »

Ouch! Hope you didn’t break anything.

Front apparently is in Memphis area, headed this way.  Working tomorrow covering sick co worker.  (flu)
Just a bruise.
I have come down with a cold/cough.  Roll Eyes

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2018, 08:59:42 pm »

Greetings, ladies and germs.  I have returned.  Sort of.

Yeah, my computer went greasy side up on the first.  So I've been using my fancy smart phone for internet things for the past two weeks.  I couldn't find my password for this site, though, so I've been watching from the outside.  I found my password tonight.

Really, not much has happened in California.  We're getting rained on today, and for the past two weeks.  Not enough to really show up in the rain gauge, but enough to get annoying. 
Temps have been in the 50s during the day, and low forties at night.  Good weather for walking the dog, so long as you don't mind getting wet.

Tomorrow I can turn in an application for a new job.    The county road department has a position open for a "Road Maintenance Worker", ie, hold the Stop sign and drive a snow plow.  With my experience, I would be getting roughly $13.10/hr, and I'll get my class A CDL by Summer.  It's a benefited position, too. I have a friend on the 'inside' too, so that should help.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2018, 02:20:34 am »

Got home, 0F out there, WC -21F.   I know it's cold, half the people coming in  tonight told me.  Roll Eyes

Grandkids wanted pizza, I made a bunch so I had leftovers, eating the queen of pizza now, anchovy and mushroom. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2018, 07:19:09 am »

Just a bruise.
I have come down with a cold/cough.  Roll Eyes

Slim

You know who is at fault for co-worker having flu?

TK good luck on job search and process...

Glen it’s cold out there today.....

Coffee is up!

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2018, 08:09:34 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 6 and clear. High of 22.

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2018, 03:39:28 pm »

Update on project double bit.

Both sides and the top and bottom are ground and draw filed. One side is almost polished, still a few marks to get out.  When that is done I will sharpen both ends.

The long end will get a low angle sharp one for chopping and the shorter one will get a steeper one for splitting.

Need to shop for a handle, will try to find one with nice grain since I will strip the varnish off, stain it and oil it.

* FB_IMG_1516134983850.jpg (99.34 KB, 843x1124 - viewed 19 times.)

* FB_IMG_1516134995434.jpg (102.21 KB, 843x1124 - viewed 18 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Coffee's on, Up lifting the mug to you and the New Year « previous next »
Jump to: