Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2018, 04:37:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  STORM (Moderators: RRio, Major 2)  |  Topic: cimarron new pocket conversion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: cimarron new pocket conversion  (Read 8059 times)
Niederlander
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2018, 08:00:02 am »

Would love to see an American clone, myself!  One of the most common cartridge guns on the frontier in the early '70's.  (At least according to the photographs.)

"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"
nativeshootist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 03:26:47 am »

Im on the camp of i want one of these conversions. All the waiting is making me impatient, like a kid on christmas.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 04:00:24 am »

Im on the camp of i want one of these conversions. All the waiting is making me impatient, like a kid on christmas.

I understand that feeling....been there  Smiley

I recall maybe 30 years ago, Navy Arms " sent out the pre-invitation for what was to be the intro of the LaMat revolvers....
price then was $350 ... $100 got you on the list and $250 when the gun were to be completed then shipped.
If I recall, it was about a year.  I had sent my $100 each and impatiently waited for their arrival.
I did the same "2007" waiting on my Type II conversion and again  in "2016" with my preorder of the Capt. Schaefer 51 Navy.

patient's is not no of my strong suit's ....  fortunately, I've only gone through the "WAIT" every 10 years or so   Roll Eyes

when planets align...do the deal !
Fox Creek Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 12:22:21 am »

I understand that feeling....been there  Smiley

I recall maybe 30 years ago, Navy Arms " sent out the pre-invitation for what was to be the intro of the LaMat revolvers....
price then was $350 ... $100 got you on the list and $250 when the gun were to be completed then shipped.
If I recall, it was about a year...

I remember reading in '94 the article on the new to come Navy Arms Schofield revolver and man did that start a fire burning for many!! The only thing that equaled or bettered it was Cimarron's intro at the '99 SHOT Show of the '72 OT.
nativeshootist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2018, 12:14:09 am »

Getting closer to spring and still no word on the conversion, this waiting is killer. be sweet once they get here.
treebeard
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2018, 01:53:06 pm »

I am afraid Uberti is worried that gearing up for Americans is not going to generate enough sales to justify the cost.  I have a brother who is also waiting on the little 380 and he isnít a CAS guy just loves old revolvers. I bet the initial sales are excellent.
nativeshootist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2018, 04:59:39 am »

This is the first time im really anxious for a pistol, AGHHH! The revolver looks so damn awesome, this waiting period is killer.
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2018, 11:20:22 am »

Whom ever coined the phrase "Patience is a Virtue" never had a fully loaded Henry in his/her hands.  Personally, I have all the patience of a wet snake just hosed out of it's hole   Shocked
nativeshootist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 06:25:24 pm »

I asked cimarron (again), and they said the fall.................the waiting is annoying
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2018, 11:27:27 pm »

The first big holdup was that the gun did not pass BATFE testing for a new import.  Not sure why.  Joe from Cimarron told me this weekend that the gun has now gotten BATFE approval, but only with a 6" barrel.  Again, don't know why.  I think shorter barrels will be available for purchase.  So they are getting closer, maybe another couple months.

nativeshootist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2018, 12:10:51 am »

Thanks for the update Abilene! i wonder why it didn't pass inspection.
Tornado
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2018, 08:11:10 am »

6" barrel, that's interesting.  I hope it will be a stock looking Police barrel with the loading lever, I know the lever would have no use but the '62 Police is the best looking Colt ever.  Thanks for the update.
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2018, 09:22:47 am »

HA!!  No Way.  The best looking Colt(s) ever were/are the Type 1 Cartridge conversions and the 1851 Capt Schaeffer.  And ....... ta da, just think, with additional barrels available for this pocket conversion thing, you'll have the pleasure of fixing the Barrel to Arbor fit on lots of barrels.  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Tornado
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2018, 10:32:09 am »

The type one is good looking but apparently you have never seen an 1862 Police  Wink  Grin

* 5.5 1862_police.jpg (21.76 KB, 960x410 - viewed 104 times.)
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2018, 12:38:04 pm »

Ah well, not so Tornado.  In fact just finished repairing and setting up an 1862 (Uberti) for a friend.  I found it to be a very nice looking gun.  Almost totally impractical.  It's small size was, in it's day a great "pocket pistol" for urban Police Forces.  Completely uncomfortable to shoot more than a round or two.  My appreciation however, is tainted by usability.  I also absolutely love the look of the Square Back, Dragoon style trigger guards.  Shooting one on a Navy however, is quite painful.

PS:  Actually, I tend to think of the small frame guns, as the 1862, 1849, etc., more as "Cute" rather than "beautiful."  Just my take.
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2018, 09:42:15 pm »

When Navy Arms announced pre-order on the Schofields, I ordered one in 44-40. I waited something like 10-11 months, not quite a year.   Loved that gun. For about 8 years, that was my main match pistol paired with an 1875 44-40 Remmie and a 44-40 Henry.

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators
Tornado
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2018, 12:40:40 pm »

Any updates on this phantom revolver? Huh
Tornado
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2018, 11:36:43 am »

I emailed Cimarron and they said December or January.  Roll Eyes
The Pathfinder
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2018, 02:27:49 pm »

Ah, I notice they didn't tell you a year... Grin
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2018, 06:36:06 pm »

Just 60 more days....heard that before and before and before....Ad nauseam

when planets align...do the deal !
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2018, 12:03:56 pm »

Whilst I actually think this new rumor'd offering from Cimarron/Uberti could be "kind" of interesting.  When I first saw Shot Show film of it, I asked myself, waddia do wid it??  Couldn't think of anything I'd use it for.  That makes it a dust collector.  In that vein, I see the little jewel as having a very limited market.  Perhaps not enough market to amortize it's tooling.  I may well be surprised though.
Tinker Pearce
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2018, 12:14:07 am »

Whilst I actually think this new rumor'd offering from Cimarron/Uberti could be "kind" of interesting.  When I first saw Shot Show film of it, I asked myself, waddia do wid it??  Couldn't think of anything I'd use it for.  That makes it a dust collector.  In that vein, I see the little jewel as having a very limited market.  Perhaps not enough market to amortize it's tooling.  I may well be surprised though.

My thought too. I get the idea of chambering for a cartridge that can be readily purchased anywhere, but frankly if I were to get one I'd re-chamber it for .38 S&W and just load .357" bullets.
Tornado
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2018, 07:40:42 am »

I'm going to guess that they picked 380 because it is a rimless case.  I bet the large rims of the 38s&w would overlap each other.
Tinker Pearce
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2018, 06:57:55 pm »

I'm going to guess that they picked 380 because it is a rimless case.  I bet the large rims of the 38s&w would overlap each other.

It's possible, but .38 Colt Short fit...
nativeshootist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2018, 08:54:24 pm »

anyone notice that the pistol is completely gone from cimarron's website
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  STORM (Moderators: RRio, Major 2)  |  Topic: cimarron new pocket conversion « previous next »
Jump to: