Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2018, 12:35:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: Looking for a peice of 4-5 Veg Tan leather (8"x55" or so) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for a peice of 4-5 Veg Tan leather (8"x55" or so)  (Read 209 times)
Flinch Morningwood
Top Active Citizen

« on: December 06, 2017, 02:12:00 pm »

I am looking to make a money belt and can't justify buying a whole side to get the piece I need.

If anyone out there wants to sell some of what they have...let me know.

Thanks!

"I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight."

- Jayne Cobb
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 04:36:34 pm »

I can't help you out with what I have, but you can try Springfield Leather. They will cut it to suit your needs. Otherwise, get a double shoulder. Less cost than a side, and less leftover.

Johnny McCrae
Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

The older the violin, the finer the music

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 03:56:39 pm »

You might try the "Leather Guy" in St. Charles, Minnesota. Here is a link to their website: https://www.theleatherguy.org/

I use them whenever I can. I've been very satisfied with their quality and service.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself
LongWalker
Active citizen

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 06:33:31 pm »

Made a money belt last winter, got the leather from one of the sellers on ebay.  I just searched til I found someone selling dimensional pieces of leather (12"x12", 12"x24", etc) the right weight, and sent them a note asking if they could cut a piece to suit. 
Cliff Fendley
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 07:35:25 pm »

Just as well buy the whole side, it takes the best part of one to make a money belt. You're going to be using the top along the back so I would think someone would charge a premium for that anyway.

When hand picking my leather I can sometimes get two shorter length belt lengths for a total of four out of a very large and long side. Otherwise most of the time you only get at the most two money belts out of a side.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: Looking for a peice of 4-5 Veg Tan leather (8"x55" or so) « previous next »
Jump to: