Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 06:39:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread)  (Read 7085 times)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 07:27:19 pm »

Evening y'all.

Heatwave here. Currently 56.  Roll Eyes
Supposed to get down to 29 tonight, which is the high for tomorrow.

Picked up some cigarette papers at the C-store to make .36 paper cartridges.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 07:38:02 pm »

What year Jeep?  Mine is a 2009.  Went through a period where it didn't want to start.  Discovered that if I push the gear selector (automatic) forward it would start.  Apparently, it was (and sometimes still is) a fault in the switch indicating that it lever isn't in park.

02! I once thought that might be the issue- i am not certin...it will not get a new Trans from me. 

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 08:00:23 pm »

Evening all.

New shotgun report.  The danged thing kicks like a mule that sat on a cactus.  Somewhere around 6.5 pounds, and we were shooting magnum buckshot. Roll Eyes  I think it kicks harder from the other end, though.

I finished a pretty long video today.  Well, long for me anyway.  Came out at almost 9 minutes.  Now I just have to upload it.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 08:21:05 pm »

Same weather pattern here, Slim. Currently 61, rain moved in just after dark, now supposed to drop to 33 and then maybe 40 tomorrow.

TK: Magnum buckshot? for a 6 1/2 lb shotgun, maybe 2 3/4" field loads for me.....

Never had those problems when you put the key in a hole in the dash and hit the starter thing with you right toe. Grin

I got a couple like that out back. ONE OF THESE DAYS, they'll live again! '50 GMC and '53 Chevy 1-ton. Maybe when I'm retired and travel time is less of a problem, use one to drive to the Grand Muster. Grin
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 08:27:46 pm »

Not much difference.

* FB_IMG_1512289661974.jpg (20.21 KB, 346x460 - viewed 36 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 01:47:12 am »

Never had those problems when you put the key in a hole in the dash and hit the starter thing with you right toe. Grin

Last winter one cold night got off late, had trouble starting The Field Marshall.  Had turned the switch on with the key, was in neutral, clutch out, left foot on the brake, right one with heel on the gas, toe trying to find the switch, right had trying to find the choke.   Roll Eyes

I'd love to have one of those... almost guaranteed you would never have to worry about anybody being able to steal it, even if you left the key in the ignition. Roll Eyes

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 05:52:00 am »

I'd love to have one of those... almost guaranteed you would never have to worry about anybody being able to steal it, even if you left the key in the ignition. Roll Eyes

That's any stick today today  and I would not other than a play toy.  Carbs, points and all that are a PIA, despite what some try to tell use.  Yeah, replace them every 6000 miles and wear the rings out by 100,000 dumping raw gas over them on cold days.

Most of those were also 6 volt, more fun on a cold day.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 05:57:59 am »

One of the camp projects going on in my workshop.  Primed, think it's going to be a darker red when done. 

Rocker when done I think will be a yellow of some sort.

* FB_IMG_1512471321033.jpg (102.33 KB, 843x1124 - viewed 31 times.)

* FB_IMG_1512471339259.jpg (104.73 KB, 843x1124 - viewed 28 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 06:05:50 am »

Was discussing in another group a while back, we figure 6-12 hours work/prep for every hour we demonstrate.   The hobby is almost a second full time job.  May get the wood cutting demo ready by spring, need someone to run it.  Got the double bit now, needs handle.  Got to get handle for maul, plus a folding/take apart sawbuck made.  Got 3 more crosscuts,  these one man, keeping the best 3 1/2 footer, other is trade for the ax.  Got a 2 1/2 footer as well as the 4 1/2 two man and bucksaw.   Got the wedges also and the single bit.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 07:30:44 am »

Morning coffee is up..... rain here this morning cold front suppose to move in this evening.   

Therapy again today.... then to watch Suzanne bowl, her Christian Fellowship league... then probably some Christmas Shopping.

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 08:22:47 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

That rocker needs a little glue.  Wink

Slept on my right shoulder. Now it hurts. Gonna stay home and ice it. Might go the the chiro if I feel ambitious.

'Tis 25, blustery and overcast. WC 11. High of 29.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 09:01:40 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

That rocker needs a little glue.  Wink

Slept on my right shoulder. Now it hurts. Gonna stay home and ice it. Might go the the chiro if I feel ambitious.

'Tis 25, blustery and overcast. WC 11. High of 29.

Slim

Now that i can see pitcher. You might want to start a go fund me page to buy the glue your gonna need. Smiley)
25 foot of paracord and a short dowel rod or a screwdriver would be handy for clamping it tight while glue dries.

I have a swivel desk chair similar to the white one - bought at a auction for a few bucks, in Stuarts Draft Virginia. I think the story was it once belonged to Thomas Jefferson who lived nearby.  Not related to the former President, just some guy who shared the same name.  I replaced the seat with a piece of skirting leather. Cleaned it up. I still prefer it over a contempory desk chair.

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 12:55:47 pm »

Wife bought me a big bottle of Franklin's Tite Bond.   Got clamps, doweling jig and such.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 01:39:39 pm »

Goin' to Dollar General w/ daughter #3 for some Xmas present supplies.

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2017, 02:37:08 pm »

As rocker sits today, need some dowels to finish it, arms are fitted and ready to glue.  Planning on a hardware store run Friday.

Got enough work today with out it.

* FB_IMG_1512502238599.jpg (76.71 KB, 843x1124 - viewed 27 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2017, 03:55:03 pm »

Afternoon all.

Got the new hammer spring for the Beretta in the mail last night.  About 5 minutes of work, and now the DA trigger has been reduced from 13lbs to about 9.  Going to grab a couple boxes of ammo and test it out in a while.

In the mean time, I've walked the dog, have some bread dough rising, and am about to vacuum the living room carpet.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2017, 04:17:16 pm »

As rocker sits today, need some dowels to finish it, arms are fitted and ready to glue.  Planning on a hardware store run Friday.

Got enough work today with out it.
Looking good.

Sackett vacuumed the dining room and living room. It's much quieter now.

Slim

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2017, 04:24:33 pm »

I'm in  need of espresso, coffee ain't going to cut it. Been off the past couple days, not quite under the weather, but far from chipper. Was dog tired last night, and turned in at 7. Woke up feeling kinda funky at 9, and wide awake. So, it was out to the shed to do some leather work. Got a rifle sling tooled up, finished it around midnight when the genny ran out of gas.

Slept in this morning, till the wife called. "I'm coming down the road, get your gun." It seems somebody whacked a deer around the corner, and left it flailing in the road. So off we go to dispatch the poor critter, and I butchered it out the best I could. Somewhere between a button and a spike, he would have been a good one in time. Now my back is really screaming at me. Just threw on The Hateful Eight, going to take some drugs, and hopefully pass out till morning time.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2017, 04:33:43 pm »

Next project.  Will watch the bargain bin for some nice material for the seat.  Oak, will stain and oil.

* FB_IMG_1512509280492.jpg (79.27 KB, 843x875 - viewed 23 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 04:40:26 pm »

Next project.  Will watch the bargain bin for some nice material for the seat.  Oak, will stain and oil.
Where are you finding these treasures?

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 05:28:54 pm »

Cleaning the shed, rocker was on a curb, a friend gave me the saloon chair.

Wait till I get to tubs and boxes. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2017, 06:29:54 pm »

Nice finds

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2017, 07:10:11 pm »

It's in pieces.  Wood is solid, but rough, block plane time.

Couple years ago I was wishing I had a small block plane, was under the bench to get the big jack plane and there was a block plane with masking tape on it said $5.  To this day I don't remember buying it.

* FB_IMG_1512518704164.jpg (56.25 KB, 769x540 - viewed 24 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 09:29:25 pm »

Some nice oak under the great weathered stuff.  Need to see what I have for stain under the bench and grab some linseed oil.

* FB_IMG_1512527184938.jpg (95.4 KB, 843x903 - viewed 30 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2017, 07:02:33 am »

Coffee is up for all ya’ll.....

Currently 39f with 74% humidity.

Rehab again this morning.

The word on Jeep is Water pump and also reservoir leaks < the poly container you fill .. had new radiator back early summer. Still needs tires and and exhaust is going. Maybe time to look for something different to drive.

Joshua 1.9

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread) « previous next »
Jump to: