Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2018, 12:40:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Winter trekking with the "76 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Winter trekking with the "76  (Read 471 times)
kwilliams1876
Top Active Citizen

« on: December 19, 2017, 10:20:52 am »

winter is here in earnest now, but the late season elk cow hunt is still going. been getting out nearly every day with the 50-95 but have yet to find the cows. have had numerous chances at bulls under 200 yds. sure do like the large trigger guard which allows real winter gloves to be worn. a couple years back i machined a set of correct style sling swivels, so using a vintage leather sling makes the beast easy to carry as needed. its a great feeling to be out in timber and snow with a pipe full of the .50's

best
north bull mountains
montana territory
dusty texian
Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 11:00:43 am »

Dang that sounds like fun.  I think that will be one of my next projects , a set of appropriate sling swivels and sling . Having hands free for glassing is a must . I have been using a leather sling that can be looped around any of my lever guns . Next wk. after Christmas I have my family up for a wk. long hunt and after that the last wk. of deer season will be my chance .   Good Luck with the cows . Make meat ! ,,,DT
kwilliams1876
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 11:36:27 am »

DT
i forgot about the glassing.....you are right! takes 2 hands and i spend a lot of time behind the binoc's. if nothing else looking at all the fine bulls i can not bust.
best
kw
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Winter trekking with the "76 « previous next »
Jump to: