Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 08:33:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Quite!-Quite!-Quite!!! 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quite!-Quite!-Quite!!!  (Read 237 times)
Slamfire
Top Active Citizen

« on: November 08, 2017, 02:31:50 pm »

Man ,,I guess i'm the only one who ain't out hunt'n,,.Oh well ,,the pic's. should be showing up pretty soon.

smoke'm if y'a got'm,,,,Hootmix.
King Medallion
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 06:17:47 pm »

I'm sitting in the big John Deere, following the combine around the field. Saw a nice buck and a coyote today.
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 07:22:19 pm »

Well, I'm lurking around here, looking one direction at my '76 on the wall, then turning the other way at the rain hitting the window.   Cry

In the meantime, I'm hoping someone will write about their adventures here so that I can live vicariously.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573
Slamfire
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 08:55:27 pm »

YEA,  Coal,,rained all day here too,,stayed in  my shop all day,,work'n on my "LANDIS" sole stitcher .Think'n about one of those LEE push thru lubers,,have you tried one ,,or seen one work?

smoke;m if y;a got'm ,,,,Hootmix.
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 10:05:40 pm »

Think'n about one of those LEE push thru lubers,,have you tried one ,,or seen one work?

"Lubers"?  No, but I do use their sizing dies if I need to size bullets.  Since I pan-lube my bullets and I'm generally not in a hurry, they work fine for me.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573
dusty texian
Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:58:03 am »

Been watching hunters shoot deer turkey and hog the last couple wks. Have not pulled a trigger on animals myself yet. Sat down at the pasture bench yesterday and pulled the trigger on four different 76 caliber rifles. Shot all four 10 shots each at 100yd. The 40/60 with the 22" oct. barrel. is a tack driver , and mild . The 28" round barrel 45/60 shoots really good and is one of my earliest 76 rifles. The 28" 45/75 oct. barrel is a blast to shoot and is a tack driver. I have taken game with it at just under 200 yds. Kills like a sledge hammer . The 24" Half round Express rifle in 50/95  , truley  a BLAST , great hunting rifle . Will test its killing ability very soon. Like em all , but must say Winchester got it right the first time with the 45/75wcf . Its the King in my book. The one i grab if i'm serious about getting it done .,,,DT
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Quite!-Quite!-Quite!!! « previous next »
Jump to: