Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2018, 05:07:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Turkey time so stuff it. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Turkey time so stuff it.  (Read 16451 times)
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2017, 04:14:02 pm »

Good work out in therapy today- tire issue resolved - goats have been fed- i think i can can get a nap in now. I deserve it.  Grin

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #251 on: November 29, 2017, 08:08:52 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 21 and overcast. High of 39.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #252 on: November 29, 2017, 08:46:30 am »

Thanks for the coffee...In the 50's this morning with soup-thick fog which should lift by mid-morning.  High in the 70's. 

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #253 on: November 29, 2017, 08:58:03 am »

We had a nice  'no more mortgage payments ' party last week so to prepare I washed the windows. When I got to my bedroom picture window exterior I found a rotted out sill under the incorrectly installed flashing. So I've ripped off the vynal siding, T-111 and sheathing, removed the rotten stuff, replaced it and today plan on correctly flashing the window, caulking and putting new plywood, T111 and the siding back. Only a  3 day job I hope. That's what you get for paying things off. Luckily the weathers been great this week in NC.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #254 on: November 29, 2017, 09:29:39 am »

We had a nice  'no more mortgage payments ' party last week so to prepare I washed the windows. When I got to my bedroom picture window exterior I found a rotted out sill under the incorrectly installed flashing. So I've ripped off the vynal siding, T-111 and sheathing, removed the rotten stuff, replaced it and today plan on correctly flashing the window, caulking and putting new plywood, T111 and the siding back. Only a  3 day job I hope. That's what you get for paying things off. Luckily the weathers been great this week in NC.

When you are done i have one that needs the same repairs... maybe in the spring.

Thanks for the coffee-

headed to town for therapy. 

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #255 on: November 29, 2017, 01:03:52 pm »

Back from therapy- may run to Tractor supply store or the Co-Op store.  Got make some leads to tie a bully Nanny goat up while she eats. I just as soon roast her on the grill.  But my wifes Scot in her shows, “she make good babies”.  Roll Eyes she had Triplettes this year she also produces nearly 2 gallons of milk a day.  We get nearly a gallon out of the others for comparison.  That is a lot of cheese and soap products.

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #256 on: November 29, 2017, 01:39:05 pm »

Afternoon all.

Overcast and 45 in California.  Not much going on in my part of the world, though.  Walk the dog later on in the day, then make a soup with the leftover turkey.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2017, 07:00:12 am »

taking some PTO today and tomorrow...need to use it , still have 88 hours left on the books, and does not roll over to 2018  Sad

what to do ?  no clue .... hate crowds , traffic and places they go.... .

when planets align...do the deal !
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2017, 07:30:46 am »

Fishing is always good in Florida
There is always the gun range but that maybe a little boring............NOT!

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2017, 08:21:21 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 36 and overcast. High of 45.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2017, 10:51:01 am »

Thank you for the coffee this morning.

Rain here today. It was needed.
Waiting for oxygen delivery, then will decide what to do. Maybe by then rain will move out.

Joshua 1.9

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #261 on: November 30, 2017, 10:55:46 am »

Thanks Roo

Yes,  to the range.... is in the plan.

Fishing hmmm , there is the market, where I can always bag my catch or Red Lobster where all I do is order.... no bait , no long wait , no boat , no getting up early , packing ice , gas , no sunburn .  Yeah,  I'll go fishing at Red Lobster , thanks GOOD IDEA !

when planets align...do the deal !
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #262 on: November 30, 2017, 01:03:33 pm »

Good idea there Major, I like to 'shrimp' at the Dead Lobster. But I do want to shoot my 66 musket today as soon as I can get my window job done. Getting ready to caulk, flash and reinstall the siding.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #263 on: November 30, 2017, 01:26:03 pm »

"Comp" day today, working Saturdays (again) due to shortage of subs(again). Fought another battle against the thorny locust sprouts this morning. So far, I'm winning all the battles, but not sure if I'm winning the war yet. Primary weapons are an 18" bar Husqvarna and a bottle of Tordon RTU, and a pair of leather gloves. Should find some time top burn some powder in between the battles.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #264 on: November 30, 2017, 04:09:57 pm »

Morning all.

Today's weather is a repeat of yesterday.  45 and cloudy.

Nothing new here.   Walking the dog later on, then coming home.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #265 on: November 30, 2017, 05:14:15 pm »

Last time we went to Red Lobster, I got the absolutely worst lobster I have ever had. I swear I could have picked up frozen tail at Wally Mart and done a better job cheaper.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Turkey time so stuff it. « previous next »
Jump to: