Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2017, 01:22:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Turkey time so stuff it. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Turkey time so stuff it.  (Read 7049 times)
greyhawk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2017, 06:51:46 am »

Help with some reading !?
I've always liked to read westerns - used to kind of devour them when younger - have a copy of "The Hell Bent Kid"saved from when I was a teenager - so hoping someone might remember this next one - I read a story in high school dont remember all the details and I bet it was a book I borrowed from a friend - core story was about a guy got himself tangled up in a long distance chase on a blood bred mare called - Molly Malone - the bad guys rode relay and wore him down in the end - he burnt up a mustang pony along the way  several hundred miles of chase and I think he quit at the end rather than kill the mare running her -- if any old timers can remember this story and point me to the title would be much appreciated.
Greyhawk 
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2017, 08:07:26 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 31 and overcast. "Cloudy. A slight chance of light snow...Drizzle and freezing drizzle in the morning  then light rain in the afternoon. No snow accumulation. Highs in the upper 30s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2017, 08:15:01 am »

Delmonico yes i have and congradulations.

Greyhawk no help in book... sounds though alot like the movie Hildago.

Slim Thank you  for the coffee ☕️

It is my Monday

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2017, 02:11:56 pm »

Still waiting, she's being slow like her aunt was.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2017, 09:13:19 pm »

Evening all.  I got a blackberry cobbler for those who are interested, being as it's Friday.

Tried to track down a flock of wild turkeys today, but no luck.  Followed them for about three miles before the sun started to go away.  Saw a number of squirrels, doves, and a flock of quail, but all I had was my expensive "California special"
all copper shotshells.  1/2 ounce of #5, but the same number of pellets as 1 1/4 ounce of lead, theoretically.  I haven't counted.  Tomorrow when I go back out I'll bring some #7 shot. Wink

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
greyhawk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2017, 11:32:18 pm »

Delmonico yes i have and congradulations.

Greyhawk no help in book... sounds though alot like the movie Hildago.

Nope - but its kinda parallel - I liked Hildago but at the same time it wasnt a very plausible story - the one I amm after was a chase in the southwest someplace new mexico arizona - our hero had offended some bad guys and they ran him down over several days and many hundred miles - ran him in relays till he burnt his horses out - lot of focus on this Molly Malone mare - maybe that was me ? it was a long time ago .
thanks for the reply

It is my Monday
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2017, 11:34:35 pm »

Cobbler is always good...

TK have you tried calling the gobblers.

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2017, 02:28:29 am »

Robin Marie Jaquez was born at 2:42 pm.  5 pounds 2 oz.  Mom and baby are doing fine.

* FB_IMG_1510988059537.jpg (45.23 KB, 540x960 - viewed 13 times.)

* FB_IMG_1510989773312.jpg (35.81 KB, 800x600 - viewed 20 times.)

* FB_IMG_1510989760070.jpg (52.86 KB, 720x960 - viewed 18 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2017, 06:40:15 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Robin Marie Jaquez was born at 2:42 pm.  5 pounds 2 oz.  Mom and baby are doing fine.
Congrats, Gramps.  Wink

'Tis 34 and overcast. "Cloudy with a chance of light snow...Drizzle and freezing drizzle in the morning  then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 30s. North wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.'

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2017, 06:58:51 am »

Congratulations to Delmonico and family!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2017, 07:40:31 am »

Robin Marie Jaquez was born at 2:42 pm.  5 pounds 2 oz.   Mom and baby are doing fine.

What about the father? Is he ok?  Congradulations Pawpaw

Slim thanks for the Coffee

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2017, 11:55:57 am »

Morning all.

31 and foggy in my neck of the woods.  We have a nice coating of ice on just about everything.  Later on I'm going out with a friend and we're going to drive up one of the taller mountains around and take pictures from up there.  Should be pretty cool.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2017, 11:56:44 am »

Also, congratulations Del. 

--TK

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2017, 01:46:32 pm »

Congrats GRAM PAW  Grin
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2017, 04:37:13 pm »

A horse got out 'bout 0400. Fixed the fence after sunup. Then, butchered 4 cockerels. They are supper.

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2017, 09:02:14 pm »

Just had a monsoon like storm blow thru.  Dump a bunch of rain and with the wind i am sure trees and kimbs are down. Cold air is suppose to follow.

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2017, 07:08:11 am »

Rain has past thru leaving colder air.

Morning coffee is up

If your interested a local company is having their annual Knife Sale. Ends today they have quality American made folders and knifes including Kitchen knifes. Just in time for gift giving.  I am not connected to them, but did get a good deal on some Christmas presents last year from them.

http://www.bearandsoncutlery.com/

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2017, 08:52:09 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Going to verk for a few hours this morn.

'Tis 20 and partly sunny. High of 31.

Slim

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2017, 10:37:57 am »

Congratulations on your (very) tiny new baby Delmonico. My best to the parents.

My sis sent me a couple pounds of whole bean coffee for my birthday, so I thought I should share my thoughts on them. First of all, with all the micro and craft companies out there these days, it is hard to keep up with them. I have never heard of either name, but will gladly try new things with an open mind.

After a half hour, I finally found my grinder and tried the Valhalla Java first. On the back of the package, it says it was "Crafted for the most powerful guitarist in the world, Zakk Wylde", "maximum flavor and high caffeine content". I have never heard of Zakk Wylde, but if this is his idea of maximum flavor and high caffeine, he must be a real sissy. It was like really weak tea. What flavor I could detect, reminded me of some nasty "Boiler room" blend I was given years ago. Should have been called "Bilge Pump" instead.

The Death Wish was better. Stronger flavor, not bad tasting. All in all, not something I would buy for a regular thing, but good enough for an occasional pot.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2017, 12:44:42 pm »

I only buy straight run beans, not blends.

Don't know about the other one but the death wish stuff is Vietnamese Robusta beans that are not the quality of the better and more expensive Arabica beans.  They are just selling low end, high caffeine beans for a lot more than they are worth. 

Ended up buying Columbian the other day, no idea the region, not bad, but should have bought the Sumatran or the Costa Rica ones.   Was in the mood for a less earthy taste and this batch is ok, but if you push it to much it gets bitter fast.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2017, 02:45:49 pm »

The Valhalla says Indonesia, South and Central America. Never had the Indonesian before, as far as I know. I like the Costa Rican stuff ok, but would rather have Kenyan or Kona. They are just pricey if you can find them.

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2017, 05:53:41 pm »

When i hit the powerball i will start a coffee plantation in Rocky Mountains of Colorado. It will shut the weed industry down, or at least Coors.

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2017, 07:39:36 pm »

Sounds like you've een smoking weed. Roll Eyes

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2017, 09:49:26 pm »

Sounds like you've een smoking weed. Roll Eyes
  Grin

Going hunting in the morning with Micah after I sight in the Krag.

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2017, 09:58:21 pm »

It was only meant as humor Grin

Good luck on the Hunt

Joshua 1.9

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Turkey time so stuff it. « previous next »
Jump to: