Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2018, 05:15:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Turkey time so stuff it. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Turkey time so stuff it.  (Read 8253 times)
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2017, 10:38:12 am »

Thanks for the Coffee Slim...
Proffessor, i am shamefully unknowing of Skeeter Skeltons bullet. 

Been out and running already. ... returned keys to work, before day shift realized they were gone and starts calling people.  Then picked up feed for the critters. Of course i bought gas and a  breakfast sandwich enroute.

The rest of the day is dedicated to snacking and napping and the “Iron Bowl”...... WAR EAGLE

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2017, 01:08:33 pm »

Morning all.

Still cloudy in California.  Didn't get the Christmas lights up yesterday, so I might try today.  I was busy doing important things like eat pie walk the dog. Roll Eyes

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2017, 04:25:48 pm »

This is so true

https://youtu.be/9ttG1RnXhR8

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2017, 06:56:53 pm »

There is no available toilet paper in Lee County any wheres...

WAR EAGLE!   Grin

https://youtu.be/fZtQbsScCr4

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2017, 07:26:46 pm »

Grin
At one time, it was illegal to sell margarine in WI.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2017, 09:43:04 pm »

Grin
At one time, it was illegal to sell margarine in WI.

Slim

And it should be - so should velvetta lower case intended.

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2017, 10:08:00 pm »

And it should be - so should velvetta lower case intended.
That is not cheese. Angry

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2017, 11:09:46 pm »

When you dry velveeta, it makes a decent weight to keep an empty trash bag from blowing away. Roll Eyes

Roo, I have a bag of that Black Rifle Coffee headed my way this week.  Should arrive Wednesday. I'll update you then.

I also have a new hammer spring coming in from Brownell's for my Beretta.  It's a D-spring, which I hope it will make the 92 a little easier on my stubby little fingers. Grin

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2017, 12:03:32 am »

Proffessor, i am shamefully unknowing of Skeeter Skeltons bullet. 

I believe Skeeter's standard bullet was a 158-160gr hard cast Kieth style semi-wadcutter.

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/42941.jpg
Professor Marvel
purveyor of useless items to the gentry
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

life is too short to waste on stupid

« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2017, 04:21:23 am »

I believe Skeeter's standard bullet was a 158-160gr hard cast Kieth style semi-wadcutter.

thanks my good pony -
that load also works quite well with the 158 gr Lee RNFP :

I'ld love to get a 200 gr .38 RNFP.....

yhs
prof marvel

Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2017, 07:12:45 am »

Yes that is the bullet i had in mind..

Prof- seems to me i had seen some 200 grainers offered like at TOW or directly from a caster.

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2017, 09:03:18 am »

TK I hope you give us all a short review on the BRCCoffee.

Mean time will stick to my cheap Walmart K cups. 48 for $15. Four blends available here. Plenty to serve ya’ll- Cathead Biscuits will be right up ...hope all of ya’ll enjoy.

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #237 on: November 26, 2017, 10:13:00 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.
Thanks fer the biscuits.

Headed home after lunch.

'Tis 22 and sunny. High of 47.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #238 on: November 26, 2017, 07:12:45 pm »

Got home 'bout 1/2 hour ago.

Kittens were happy to see us.
Bullet is happy to be home.

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #239 on: November 26, 2017, 10:44:15 pm »

Evening all.

City trip was...eventful.  I have observed that in the period between Halloween and New Year, everybody on the road totally forgets how to drive.  I have dubbed this "Holiday Driving Sense Amnesia."  Symptoms include:
-Using the right turn signal, starting to turn right, then suddenly snapping to the left into oncoming traffic
-Cutting off trucks on the freeway in a downpour multiple times in a two minute period
-Parking in the exit at the strip mall (I still don't have any idea what was going on.  Some chick was parked at the stop sign at a strip mall and actively loading her groceries from the cart.)
-Backing the wrong direction down a one-way street
-Talking on two phones at once while driving in front of the county jail/Sheriff's office.
If you or a loved one is experiencing these symptoms, ask your common sense if driving is right for you.
 Roll Eyes
I got a (thin) steel, locking gun cabinet from Sportsman's Warehouse for $150, though.  Normal price was $230.  Holds 18 guns, has the option of a some shelves(at the expense of half its long gun capacity), and comes with two keys.  You could break into it with a stout screwdriver were you of a mind to, but it gets my $1300 rifle out from under the bed.  And hopefully it would be enough of a deterrence to a potential housebreaker to get him to leave it alone.
I also got a box of 5.56 ammoo for $3. Roll Eyes

--TK

Professor Marvel
purveyor of useless items to the gentry
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

life is too short to waste on stupid

« Reply #240 on: November 27, 2017, 02:23:04 am »

I got a (thin) steel, locking gun cabinet from Sportsman's Warehouse for $150, though.  Normal price was $230.  Holds 18 guns, has the option of a some shelves(at the expense of half its long gun capacity), and comes with two keys.  You could break into it with a stout screwdriver were you of a mind to, but it gets my $1300 rifle out from under the bed.  And hopefully it would be enough of a deterrence to a potential housebreaker to get him to leave it alone.
--TK

sounds like a good deal!
If you line it or "clad" it in about an inch or so of drywall, that can provide some limited amount of fire resistance, and if one gets creative in hiding it, even better....

yhs
prof marvel

Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #241 on: November 27, 2017, 08:11:54 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 24 and overcast. High of 49.

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #242 on: November 27, 2017, 12:37:15 pm »

sounds like a good deal!
If you line it or "clad" it in about an inch or so of drywall, that can provide some limited amount of fire resistance, and if one gets creative in hiding it, even better....

yhs
prof marvel

I agree with that plus lag bolt it the floor in a closet, or a room not readably  visible.

Thanks for the coffee ..

Temps here 65 currently

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #243 on: November 27, 2017, 07:02:25 pm »

Start my weekend- wife came in around 1400 said she had 2 flat tires. To her that means she needs new tires. I said i would pump them up and take up the road and get them repaired. So i limped it down the hill to the hay shed where the Air Compressor resides. It is just a small Milwakie brand, for nailers etc. but will inflate tires if need too. Found the extension cord that at been removed and relocated. Powered it up and turned it on.  It cycled thru first fill abd shut off as it should. I found the proper implement to fill a tire attached it to hose. You know the cute little coiled up plastic ones. I gave it a tug to use it. When snap and the tank began draining. So shut it off and dug around in back of jeep and found wrenches and began stripping the connectors from the broken hose. I swear i replaced this one 2 summers ago. When i built the chicken house. Of course my air nailer blew it seal shortly after that and i since went to cordless crown and finish nailers. Back to the flat tires. It gets dark about 1630 around here this time of year. It is now 15:00, so i drive 5 miles up road to auto part store. Picked up a better quality hose, one fitting. Drive home and i begin repairs. First i assembled the ends on new hose and started compressor again. It finished cycling about same time i finished putting hose ends on. I then tried to snap the male end back in to the female connector on the compressor. It will not snap back to lock. I fussed with it and tried WD40, realizing here duct tape will not fix this. I remove it and back to parts store and bought another end. Back to the homestead now 1600. I change the end out and cycle air in to tank, inflate flat number 1 and then after a cycling of air inflated flat 2. Now 16:40. Too late to take to local tire shop for repairs. But the chickens have put them selves in and i closed their hatch 🐣 up for the night. Goats one in paticular is in heat and very voicestous i threw them a flake of hay. Then noticed Suzanne must have also.
Tomorrow i will pump the tires up again then drop the truck off up the road for repairs.
I start pulmonory rehab again tomorrow for the next 12 weeks. I have prayed on this and i think the Lord wants me to do this, he is not done with me yet. Then go with Suzanne to her weekly day time bowling league.  Then the tires should be repaired.

Joshua 1.9

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #244 on: November 27, 2017, 07:50:51 pm »

Some lessons from Roo's magnificent air adventure:

Cute little curly cue air hoses are marketed by a company that needs to sell you another one next year.

There are more than one style of air hose connector. Nobody knows why. They won't interchange.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2017, 08:10:20 pm »

The hose and connector people might be also connected to the petroleum companies in this country.  Just a nother day livin’ the dream

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2017, 09:28:42 pm »

... he is not done with me yet.
Smiley

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #247 on: November 28, 2017, 08:00:37 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 49 and overcast. High of 55.

Slim

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2017, 08:04:38 am »

For about $70, Wally Mart has an emergency jump starter with a compressor. I keep it in the trunk, and it has more than paid for itself.

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2017, 10:00:20 am »

For about $70, Wally Mart has an emergency jump starter with a compressor. I keep it in the trunk, and it has more than paid for itself.

We bought one for the church- for the golf carts they use for shuttling around the parking lots, of course and anyone that need a jump or air. I should get one around here. They are handy.

Thanks for the coffee Slim.

Off to town. Tires are holding good enough for the short trip.

Joshua 1.9

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Turkey time so stuff it. « previous next »
Jump to: