Author Topic: Origional 40/60 lifter!!!  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
Origional 40/60 lifter!!!
« on: October 31, 2017, 11:18:15 AM »
 Just installed an original "76-40/60 "lifter in my 76 chaparral,,,WHY ???,,well it fit tighter,look's cooler with the "40/60" scrolled logo . Took just a very small amount of fileing ,,smoothing with emery cloth & nooooo,,I didn't shine it up,,. The lifter is not all dented up or scratched up ,,I think it added too the o'l rifle. ( sorry don't how do pic's.).

smoke'm if y'a got'm,,,,Hootmix. . ;D

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 634
Re: Origional 40/60 lifter!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 03:32:17 PM »
I sure would like to see some photos of that.  Maybe someone can help get those posted...

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 02:23:22 PM »
Here are a couple of photos of Slamfire's rifle with the original lifter installed.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:42:23 AM »

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 04:44:36 PM »
 Man!!,,,I need to learn to post pics.!!,,,,,,A big "THANK YOU" ,,Coal,,.

smoke'm if y'a got'm,,,,Hootmix. ;D ;D

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 07:10:49 PM »
Man!!,,,I need to learn to post pics.!!,,,,,,A big "THANK YOU" ,,Coal,,.

smoke'm if y'a got'm,,,,Hootmix. ;D ;D

Its not so hard
I take the pics wid me phone - then email to meself puts it on the computer - then just go below here where it says "Additional Options - click that - up comes a lil menu - go to where it says attach - click the browse box beside attach, that puts ya in yr computer where ya just hid the pic ya took - find it n click on it n "open" - then come back here and it will be settin beside that browse box (the file name of yr pic will be right there) --- post--- all there is to it . Took me longer to type this than it did to take the pic of me project gun and post it  - soo no more excuses !!!!! - you got a '76 - a lot of fellers might drool over their keyboard - but no one is gonna git bored lookin at a picture of a '76  :D
Fr anybody thats interested the project gun is a '92 that I converted over from 25-20 to 38-40 - made a lot of parts for it - took forever to do it - got the new barrel last few days and finally ready to shoot (theres 14 in the magazine in that pic - he - he - he ) ..Barrel is 26 inch .. gotta finish sights yet - put a lil short staff tang site and a parker hale globe front - dont like the look of the PH so it will go - needs a straight blade - have an old Winchester branded site here gotta figure how to fit it wid a german silver blade, no hood, and find a barrel mounted backsite - also dont like my first attempt at making a front barrel band (straight dovetail looks crummy)  I wanted long slim looks - almpost got it !!!   

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 08:05:40 PM »
Greyhawk is correct about posting pictures. The trouble that we typically run into is that the file size is often over the 400MB limit.  I had to reduce Slamfires pictures to make it work.  That's a bit more tricky...

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 09:08:46 PM »
Greyhawk is correct about posting pictures. The trouble that we typically run into is that the file size is often over the 400MB limit.  I had to reduce Slamfires pictures to make it work.  That's a bit more tricky...

CC Griff

I havent had to do that - expected I would - but maybe its happening as part of the email transfer from phone to computer?
Just shot that 92 for the first time - pretty nice !

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 11:47:35 PM »
 Greyhawk,,,thank you for the post,,like Coal stated",cutting pics. down to size",,but you may be right about take'n w/your phone ,,(if I had one of them there celery type phone's.)  Your work on your "92" looks top notch,,nice rig.

I,will ,,,,try to do the pic. thing,,just finished origl. 76 bolt install ( in my chappie), see what I  can do.

smoke'm if y'a got'm,,,,Hootmix.

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 12:36:57 AM »
Greyhawk,,,thank you for the post,,like Coal stated",cutting pics. down to size",,but you may be right about take'n w/your phone ,,(if I had one of them there celery type phone's.)  Your work on your "92" looks top notch,,nice rig.

I,will ,,,,try to do the pic. thing,,just finished origl. 76 bolt install ( in my chappie), see what I  can do.

smoke'm if y'a got'm,,,,Hootmix.

First target (with new barrel)  shot at 50 yards the final 6 of 16 - 3 touching in the bull is what the gun is capable of - 3 out in the 9 ring -----well thats the human element intervening

lube star pic - blackpowder with the RCBS cowboy boolit - could shoot a long string without fouling out !!!

ps  my uberti 76 has the bottom of the lifter engraved similar to your original (mine is 45/75)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com