Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2018, 03:57:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  USFA CSS (Moderator: Capt. John Fitzgerald)  |  Topic: Serial Numbers - Let's Support Yahoody! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Serial Numbers - Let's Support Yahoody!  (Read 25575 times)
Dave T
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2018, 06:44:56 pm »

Hello!  Thought I would submit USFA Ser # 58988, Gunslinger, .45, 4 3/4, BP frame, walnut grips. I ordered this gun new from USFA around 2005/2006.  I ordered the gunslinger because of the aged finish.  This SA is a working gun, my personal carry weapon for about 10 years down here in Texas,  and it shows it.  I didn't want a gun that was to pretty to use on a daily basis.  Its personality just gets better with age and use.  I love this gun, flawless operation, shoots right to the point of aim, couldn't ask for better!  Hope this information is of use to your project.

mickee,

I am green with envy (smile). I would love to have that very gun to go with the 7-1/2" Gunslinger 45 Colt with a BP frame I have. I hate the name "Gunslinger" but have learned to love the finish as applied by the factory since acquiring mine.

I am so jealous,
Dave
yahoody
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2018, 07:25:21 pm »

Thank you Mickee.  Great info!  And a really nice gun.

I thought about DaveT when seeing your gun.  I see he has  Grin

"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903
mickee
Citizen

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2018, 01:20:59 pm »

To Dave T and Yahoody, glad you found the info useful.  Regarding the name "gunslinger" that USFA hung on that SA, I'm in agreement, horrible name for that weapon but the usefullness of that SA outweighs all else.  I'm not the USFA guru some of you folks are but as far as I can tell this is a 100% USFA made gun.  As I stated previously, this is my daily carry gun, both open carry and concealed.  Its a bit large and heavy for concealed but carried in a tight to the body Mernickle holster and a good stiff, thick leather belt and a loose shirt it works out OK.  If I get a chance I'll try to get a photo posted to give an idea of what this shooter looks like with 10 years plus of honest daily wear on her. Worn grey/silver, honest holster wear and worn walnut.  Each year that goes by I like this shooter more and more.  Everyone be well!
Dave T
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2018, 02:44:23 pm »

I love the idea of shooting these guns. Of course that pretty well places me outside the "collector" class but I can't help it. For 51 years now I have found myself selling guns I don't shoot. It usually takes about 2 years but if I haven't fired it in that length of time the bloom is off the rose. Yea I've gotten rid of some guns I now miss (don't ask about my 1st Gen Colts, it'll start me crying) but I am at heart a shooter.

I'm looking for an all US pre-war USFA BP frame, 45 Colt, 4-3/4" or a BP framed  Gunslinger in that length. They are rare birds but I guarantee if I locate either one and can afford it, I will shoot it and I mean more than once to say I did. Probably with BP loads at that. (smile)

Dave
mickee
Citizen

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2018, 03:33:12 pm »

To Dave T. You have probably seen it but I'll give you a heads up anyway.  Gunbroker has a .45 USFA Gunslinger, 4 3/4,  58XXX serial range I believe.  However it is not a BP frame but is for sale at a low price with no bids on it.  Says unfired, but I don't know about that.  I've seen better patina finishes but the the low asking it might be worth a look see.  Best wishes
yahoody
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2018, 04:51:01 pm »

Looks to be #58697.  Gunslinger for sure.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/777762824 

"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903
Tascosa Joe
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2018, 08:38:47 pm »

Here is another SN.
Custer Battlefield SN # 6733.  I bought this one used in 2009 or so and sold it to a buddy later.  I looked at it last night and it appears to be an American made pistol.

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life,
LonesomePigeon
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2018, 11:40:15 am »

I think all Custer Battlefield's are 100% USA. The earliest reference I can find to the Custer Battlefield is in the 2005 catalog. The 2004 catalog does not list the Custer Battlefield. The same is true for the Gunslinger, it's not in the 2004 catalog but it is in the 2005 catalog.
Tascosa Joe
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2018, 07:57:23 pm »

I was at the LGS today and they have a 38 Spl Rodeo, Stainless fire blued screws and brownish grips SN # K602  asking $1595

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  USFA CSS (Moderator: Capt. John Fitzgerald)  |  Topic: Serial Numbers - Let's Support Yahoody! « previous next »
Jump to: