Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 04:13:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Re-barreling a Winchester lever 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re-barreling a Winchester lever  (Read 203 times)
Niederlander
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« on: October 16, 2017, 01:27:37 pm »

Gentlemen,  Does anyone here know how many degrees off of top dead center a Winchester lever barrel should be at hand tight?  I need to know for a '92 Winchester.

"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"
Niederlander
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 06:15:17 pm »

Anybody?

dusty texian
Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 06:53:30 pm »

Niederlander  that is a question that cant be answered , to many variables .  I will tell you this and I hope it will help you . If the new barrel is made proper thread and shoulder fit , the barrel most times will screw on up close to the reciever and then need more than my hand grip to continue at about 9.00 to 10.00 oclock from TDC  . A good tight snug fit is needed and good. I clamp my reciever in a wood blocked vice on my work bench and then turn the barrel with a barrel wrench that holds lead shims for protecting the barrel.  The main thing is make your set-up rigid , you will want total control of your turning stop where you need and try not go past TDC . When you get the barrel mounted then check Head Space .  If you want PM me and I'll give you my Number for a chat about helping you through this .  ,,,DT
Niederlander
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:05:07 pm »

That's what I needed to know!  Thanks!  (I'll call if I need more help.)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Re-barreling a Winchester lever « previous next »
Jump to: