Author Topic: 1860 Henry Modification  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Pay Dirt Norvelle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
1860 Henry Modification
« on: October 08, 2017, 05:06:33 PM »
Earlier this year I bought my Uberti 1860 Henry.  I was only able to find the civilian model.  I seem to remember someone on this forum indicating how they modified a civilian model to a Military model by adding sling swivels.  If I am right about this can somebody let me know how to do it?
PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: 1860 Henry Modification
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 06:13:10 PM »
Contact VTI  for availability of parts... that's the good news ..the bad,  well check the prices  :-\

Item
519Code
UB:238519/w
Description
Uberti Front Swivel White (1860 Henry)
Check Stock Price
US$23.50

Order
Item
520Code
UB:238520/ass
Description
Uberti Rear Swivel Assembly (1860 Henry)
Check Stock Price
US$50.00

Back in 1980 ....I ordered the parts from Dixie Gun Works , and converted my rifle ...but it was maybe $10 for the parts ...heck
the Henry was $389  NIB.... shipped including  10%  dealer receiver fee .... 

Time marches on  ::)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 06:17:17 PM »
That was me.  I got the sling swivel stuff from VTI, Numrich, and Midway USA (nobody had it all, each had some).  The rear swivel is mounted to the stock, and you have to inlet it for the base plate of the swivel.  Best to mount it flush, scribe the line of the outside, remove it, and inset within the line.

The front swivel is a b*tch. You have to drill and tap, but it has to be exact, or you end up in the magazine tube or bore.  I have done it twice.  Next time I think I'll take it to a gunsmith if I every need to do it again.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:15:41 AM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 06:28:15 PM »
The Uberti military models also have U.S. stamped on the frame and CGC inspector cartouche in the buttstock.  That might be a little harder to duplicate.

Offline Pay Dirt Norvelle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 10:27:56 PM »
That was me.  I got the sling swivel stuff from VTI, Numrich, and Midway USA (nobody had it all, each had some).  The rear swivel is mounted to the stock, and you have to inlet it for the base plate of the swivel.  Best to mount it flush, scribe the line of the outside, remove it, and inset within the line.

The front swivel is a b*tch. You have to drill and tap, but it has to be exact, or you end up in the magazine tube or bore.  I have done it twice.  Next time I think I'll take it to a gunsmith if I every need to do it again.

Thanks for the information.  I should have remembered it was you.  Do you have the measurements for where top put the sling swivels?  I can probably inlet the rear one by myself and my son-in-law is a metal worker by trade and has access to a good drill press.   If I get to nervous I will take it to a gunsmith though.
PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com