Author Topic: richards type11 conversion  (Read 4660 times)

Offline eljay

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
richards type11 conversion
« on: October 07, 2017, 09:52:08 PM »
well, after a mere 10 months wait, picked up my new revolver yesterday, 8" barrel, .38 colt/special. a thing of true beauty, loving the feel/handling of it. did a quick arbor fix (washer) loaded up some 135 conical nosed pills, some with 4 grains of trail boss some with 3.1 of AS30 (clays to you) range time will be Wednesday morning, report may follow, don't know when, heading off straight after for my sons wedding, so may be a bit delayed. condolences and thoughts are with the victims of the las vegas atrocity, here in OZ, we are getting the fallout with calls from the chattering classes to further restrict my lifestyle. give the antis nothing.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
Re: richards type11 conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 10:21:41 PM »
When you say anti's, I'm guessing you're not referring to those who are anti-mass shootings.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline eljay

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 12:02:54 AM »
SCJ, correct.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:58:26 PM »

Offline Black River Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 02:35:25 PM »
eljay,

I am also waiting on delivery of a Type II.  So, I am curious where OZ is or what country it represents?  Wondering if USA has gotten a recent shipment from Italy or if you are in a different country.
Black River Smith

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 02:53:03 PM »
eljay,

I am also waiting on delivery of a Type II.  So, I am curious where OZ is or what country it represents?  Wondering if USA has gotten a resent shippment from Italy or if you are in a different country.
OZ = Australia, mate! Can't answer your second question however.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1198
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 03:02:15 PM »
eljay,

I am also waiting on delivery of a Type II.  So, I am curious where OZ is or what country it represents?  Wondering if USA has gotten a resent shippment from Italy or if you are in a different country.

Cimarron gets shipments every couple months.  There are some Type II's in stock, but not all  of the varieties.  I assume you are on a backorder list?

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 04:15:42 PM »
eljay,

Thanks for your reply.  I thought so just wanting to be certain someone was not referring to the state of California, USA.

Abilene,

Yes.  Wanting a 44SW standard blue with 8" barrel.  Dealer did accept backorder, so just patiently (or impatiently) waiting.  Really, not in a big hurry for it.

Thanks,

BRS

Black River Smith

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 06:34:25 PM »
...Abilene,

Yes.  Wanting a 44SW standard blue with 8" barrel.  Dealer did accept backorder, so just patiently (or impatiently) waiting.  Really, not in a big hurry for it.

Thanks,

BRS

Yeah, that is a CA9053.  I see they have 19 on order and 7 of those are committed.  Are you sure you don't want a 5 1/2" barrel?  No waiting  ;D  I had to wait almost 2 years for a 5 1/2" Type II in .38, but they don't order as many of those.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »
Abilene,

No,  I am a traditionalist and really do like the longer barrels and proper caliber (proper in the fact of a 44) on these firearms.  Will fire the 44Colt brass.  Thanks for the order info that is good to know.  So, I could be one of the 7 or will at least get one of the remaining 12, when they ever arrive here.

BRS
Black River Smith

Offline eljay

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »
shot combined service discipline on Wednesday with my new toy, impressed? certainly am. first, an explanation of the shoot, at 25 metres, 6 shots standing unsupprorted , 6 shots sitting unsupported in 30 seconds (30 secs for each 6 shots) move forward to 15 metres, 6 shots strong hand only, standing, 6 shots sitting freestyle in 20 secs. move to 7 metres, 6 shots standing freestyle in 5 secs, 6 shots, standing strong hand in 10 secs. 2 loads, 4 grn trailboss, and 3.1 grn of AS30 (clays equivalent) I am not the greatest shot at 25 metres, but got all 6 shots on both targets, happy with that with both loads, 15 metres, trail boss loads all around the centre, more 10's and 9's than 8's and 7's, AS30 loads shot right of centre on second target. 7 metres, both loads, 4x10, 2x9 on first target, 5x10, 1x9 on the second target. 1 FTF, cylinder over rotated, re shoot got me the 9 on the last target. revolver, looks great, got admiring looks/comments from all at the shoot, handles perfectly for me, thought I may have trouble getting 6 in 5 secs away, but no worries at all. I am a happy camper, even the sights I find very usable, and with the trail boss loads, no need for any file work on the rear sight. hope this is of interest.

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 05:45:20 PM »
I wish you could view the guns in stock on the cimarron website. I really like some of the combinations they offer. If people could see and buy up the fancier offerings, maybe they'd start stocking more of the custom finishes and neat calibers without the 2 year wait. I know they stock what sells best, but if everyone could see what they had it may look different.

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 09:37:07 PM »
Galloway's thought would be nice, but I wonder if Cimarron doesn't because if they do list what they do and don't have in stock, potential buyers not seeing what they are looking for would seek them elsewhere, most likely Taylors. The thing is some of the models aren't even sold by Taylors or anybody else, so why not give the consumer an idea what they do have. JMO and thoughts on the subject.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 10:23:17 PM »
Pretty much everything shown on the website is either in stock or is on order.  So if they don't have it when you call, put it on backorder.  No obligation.  Then keep looking elsewhere and if you find it you can buy it.  When Cimarron eventually calls to say the backorder is in, you can always decline.  This is all for standard finish guns.  Optional finish or other custom orders would require a deposit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com