Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 10:34:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The pumpkin spice everything month coffee thread. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The pumpkin spice everything month coffee thread.  (Read 7463 times)
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 04:35:22 pm »

Good Troy i have seen Mountain Lions on two occassion a couple years part. However within 5 or 6 miles from each other.  I have ridden a horse up on bears several time. Also watched a Griz wander thru a meadow below our camp. Seems more time you spend outside, the more you see.

Slim hope you get feeling better  and to Miss Red akso

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 04:45:29 pm »

What I would expect from a drinker of foo foo coffee.

When you put your hair up in a man bun, don't ask us for an intervention because it's too late. 
No need to get nasty there...

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 06:12:53 pm »

I don't think I'll have any excess pumpkin pie spice for my coffee, tea, ice cream or potato chips etc. Finished cleaning out the squash and beans from the 3 sisters patch, have 39 Green Striped Cushaws on the porch now. 7 or 8 Orange pumpkin type left there, the vines are still alive on them, so I'll wait till frost approaches. That translates to a BUNCH of pies, or whatever. Will need lots of spice. Corn needs some more drying before I pick it. Not a lot of dry beans from the corn, since I picked for green beans several times. But just to see what would happen, planted a row of Pinto beans and Great Northerns out of the cupboard, and that produced a couple gallons of beans.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 10:13:56 pm »

Evening all.

Walked the dog today, which she enjoyed.  Got the truck home from the mechanic, $200 later and it runs fine.

GT, I've seen a number of Mountain lions, bears, bobcats, and even a fisher.  Like Roo said, I spend a lot of time "out and about."   Never gets less interesting, though.  Grin

PE, you may have something there with the Russian thing.  I do work for the Federal gov.  Wink And on the subject of gardening, I've got my cover crop of wheat sprouting, my ancient Einkorn is about knee high, and I'm going to plant a sugar cane in a rubbermaid container to root through the winter.   Come spring, my plan is to plant my 5'x12' garden patch with the Three Sisters, though the specific varieties I haven't decided on.  I also plan on planting a few rows of potatoes, reds and sweet potatoes, along the edges.  I don't know if it will work, but I've been building the dirt through composting all summer, and I plan on turning the wheat plants before they seed, so we'll see. Roll Eyes

In other news, I'm back up to the tower tomorrow, but I plan on coming back mid-week this time.  We're theoretically in the last pay period of the year (two weeks), so I'm going to have some extra time on my hands soon.  But I'm planning a week long bear hunt up in the alps, so that should be interesting, if nothing else.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2017, 07:12:24 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 60 and cloudy. "Partly cloudy in the morning  then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. South wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2017, 09:00:29 am »

Thanks for the coffee..

TK you might try container growing potatos it is easy pezy, with good results. Less work.

https://youtu.be/wrcPaPtTzHc  Many other vides on subject there.

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2017, 09:01:58 am »

Prayers to those in Vegas.... and PR...

RIP Tom Petty.

Joshua 1.9

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2017, 12:01:38 pm »

I'll play a couple of TP songs tonight before bed time.  Lil Ro and TK, I don't get outside enough, and definitely not in the "woods".  I'm looking for some property to purchase as a get away, and eventually retire there.  Have to get a couple of hours out side of Houston to get something affordable like this....maybe I should apply for that job I saw in Wyoming!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2017, 03:43:39 pm »

I'll play a couple of TP songs tonight before bed time.  Lil Ro and TK, I don't get outside enough, and definitely not in the "woods".  I'm looking for some property to purchase as a get away, and eventually retire there.  Have to get a couple of hours out side of Houston to get something affordable like this....maybe I should apply for that job I saw in Wyoming!

Before you load up the schooner and sell the family heirlooms... you might listen

https://youtu.be/ikEtyl9U8-I

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2017, 06:58:48 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Rained overnight.
'Tis 51 and clear. High of 65.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2017, 07:19:17 am »

Thank you Slim

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2017, 11:16:03 am »

I have 25 acres, with a well and a creek. How do you feel about Georgia?

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2017, 12:13:58 pm »

Some relative said it was a nice place to March through, but they wouldn't want to live there.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2017, 01:29:05 pm »

Some relative said it was a nice place to March through, but they wouldn't want to live there.
With all the woodlands, it's not a bad place to be. At least it wasn't, before the yankees started showing up... then and now Roll Eyes

True story, my Father In Law was down from Upstate New York for a visit. He is a borderline Gun Aficionado/ Gun Nut, so I take him to the local Gun Store for a look. He walks in, and immediately asks an employee if it is ok for him to carry in here. I says "Bob, the last time they let armed yankees down here, it didn't go well."

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2017, 02:41:36 pm »

To be truthful my family was in Nebraska by then, mosty to get away from the fueding back east, they were tired of both sides and their bickering. Wink

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2017, 03:19:08 pm »

Yet they tear down Lee and Jackson monuments not Sheridans Grants or Lincolns. Just sayin'

Joshua 1.9

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2017, 03:44:14 pm »

What part of Georgia? 

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2017, 03:58:38 pm »

I recall a Phrase...all over Hell and half of Georgia....

as in  " been look'n' all over Hell and half of Georgia''... not sure of its origins , I heard it when I was kid, still use on occasion ...

Think 'Ol Jerry Lee had song ....but that was just lyric , not the origin  Undecided

and yeah...Roo   "Yet they tear down Lee and Jackson monuments not Sheridans Grants or Lincolns. Just sayin'"

to the victor go the spoils, and to the liberals, dam near everything else  Roll Eyes
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2017, 04:42:46 pm »

to the victor go the spoils, and to the liberals, dam near everything else  Roll Eyes

Yep that has been the truth to it.

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2017, 04:47:14 pm »

M2 - David Dudley may have been the origin  to "all over hell and half of Georgia"  i think he also penned hot rod lincoln. But won't swear to it.

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2017, 06:34:04 pm »

Nope, can't  think of the name but HRL was not write by him,. And it the original it was a 12 cylinder Lincoln.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2017, 06:54:05 pm »

Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2017, 07:14:41 pm »

Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen

According to Google it was Charlie Ryan 1955. I remember my dad singing it before Commander Cody was a band.

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2017, 09:28:43 pm »

What part of Georgia? 
An hour east of Macon, 10 miles outside a small township.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2017, 02:12:53 am »

Yep, was on break and didn't have time to check.

Yes he built the car.  It's been restored.

* 11-HotRodLincoln01.jpg (34.3 KB, 320x204 - viewed 28 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The pumpkin spice everything month coffee thread. « previous next »
Jump to: