Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 06:10:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The pumpkin spice everything month coffee thread. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The pumpkin spice everything month coffee thread.  (Read 7201 times)
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2017, 08:18:45 am »

2 games to 1, Astros are making history everyday.  First to win both AL and NL league pennants, and won their first WS game at home.  Game 4 tonight....Houston Strong, go 'stros!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2017, 08:54:16 am »

2 games to 1, Astros are making history everyday.  First to win both AL and NL league pennants, and won their first WS game at home.  Game 4 tonight....Houston Strong, go 'stros!

The Astro bats had a proper workout last night.   Smiley

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2017, 07:12:22 pm »

Game 4 just about to start. Every player standing, facing the flags, and many singing along. Baseball is America's game.  Go Astro's!

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2017, 11:56:33 pm »

Evening all.

Another sunny day in California.  The dog persuaded me to go for a bit of a walk.  Just over a mile.  She enjoyed it more than I did.  Something about coughing up anatomy.

Banana pancakes for dinner.  Used Einkorn wheat flour for the batter, just to see.  It worked out pretty well.  I didn't add any leavening, so they were pretty flat, but I ate enough pancake to tide me over for a month.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2017, 01:01:34 am »

Used Einkorn wheat flour for the batter, just to see.  It worked out pretty well. 

The Kid has went full Yuppie on us, we may need to do an intervention on him for his own good, next it will be tofu and almond milk. Roll Eyes

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2017, 03:49:15 am »

The Kid has went full Yuppie on us, we may need to do an intervention on him for his own good, next it will be tofu and almond milk. Roll Eyes

I just thought all of that was a california law... now i have to ask how do you determind the female almonds from the males?

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2017, 07:39:47 am »

Coffee is on

So is winter......brrrr it is cold here this morning.

Joshua 1.9

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2017, 09:21:21 am »

somewhat early on for us...Today 69° f High 54° f Low  Monday  Blustery 67°f High 48° 

I'll take it and enjoy  Smiley
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2017, 10:35:53 am »

Coffee is on

So is winter......brrrr it is cold here this morning.

Winter? Winter!?

Autumn hasn't even startted here yet. It was 85°F  yesterday. Going the same way today.
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2017, 12:39:35 pm »

High of 53 today, and it is a cold blustery wind. Went out to start the genny, and immediately realized I should have put pants on.

greyhawk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2017, 04:06:45 pm »

Coffee is up- rainy start here in "the heart of Dixie"

Del -you and that guy must be best friends by now.

Greyhawk- "outsider" does that refer to where you reside or where you were from?

Where I reside -----an Australian should have no interest in your politics except that     1) whatever stupidity happens in your system will come to us in a year or two  2) your media owns our media so we get that dosed on us  3) seems we have the same breed of libtard dimwits just under different names ....... I see (both sides of the water) a grinding long term effort of grinding down family values and enslavement of the working / middle class

I have some good friends in the mid west and have visited your country four times (35 weeks total) - the people in that flyover country are some of the best on this earth .

(thought I posted this reply once already ? musta hit the wrong button to send it - er maybe I dropped a little swear word in and got moderated out?)
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2017, 04:18:31 pm »

Winter? Winter!?

Autumn hasn't even startted here yet. It was 85°F  yesterday. Going the same way today.

Friday was quite the same here.  They are calling for frost tonight- some say there was snow flakes falling in Ft Payne area this morning

@greyhawk

Swear words. I just thought that was proper Aussie Wink  

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2017, 06:39:13 pm »

Pumpkin spice tofu and almond milk, you mean.   Wink

I was out of all-purpose flour yesterday and didn't feel like a trip to the store.  My mom had some of the einkorn flour in the freezer because a friend with ridiculously high allergy to wheat (we're talking epi-pen territory) suggested it for some baking.  Worked well for pancakes.

Took the dog for a bit of a walk today.  Ran into a friend out shooting his newest gun.  Early Smith hand-ejector 32.  Unfortunately my dog is still gun shy (we're working on it!) so I didn't get to put any rounds through it.  Also found a kitten out in the woods.  Tried to catch it, but it got away.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2017, 07:38:27 pm »

Score for the day: Baby fish gun(AKA Marlin 60) 1, Armored possum (AKA Armadillo) 0 Fish gun wins.

25 this morning, high 50s afternoon. Typical late October here.

TK, don't forget the baking powder next time you make the yuppie flour pancakes.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #239 on: October 30, 2017, 01:45:03 am »

Pumpkin spice tofu and almond milk, you mean.   Wink

I was out of all-purpose flour yesterday and didn't feel like a trip to the store.  My mom had some of the einkorn flour in the freezer because a friend with ridiculously high allergy to wheat (we're talking epi-pen territory) suggested it for some baking.  Worked well for pancakes.

--TK

If she thinks that's safe for her she is playing  with fire.   Since it is a type of wheat it could decide to kill her someday.   Like someone with a penny-cillian allergy eating Blu Cheese, may get away with for a while but having a bottle of nitroglycerin rolling around under the seat.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2017, 02:23:27 am »

If she thinks that's safe for her she is playing  with fire.   Since it is a type of wheat it could decide to kill her someday.   Like someone with a penny-cillian allergy eating Blu Cheese, may get away with for a while but having a bottle of nitroglycerin rolling around under the seat.

That's how I see it.  But she's one of those people who would buy pumpkin spice toilet paper if Hillary said to on twitter/facebook/instagram, if you get my drift.

--TK

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2017, 08:54:37 am »

Game 4 just about to start. Every player standing, facing the flags, and many singing along. Baseball is America's game.  Go Astro's!

Sure wish the Texans would follow that lead...

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #242 on: October 30, 2017, 01:36:48 pm »

Sure wish the Texans would follow that lead...

They have made their beds...

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2017, 02:46:27 pm »

Afternoon all.

We are still sunny in Ca.  Good day for taking the dog for a walk, so I did.  I have a happy dog now.

--TK

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2017, 08:13:35 am »

Coffee is on.... another cold start this morning. 

TK while your feeling so fresh, got 4 here needing tired out. Feel free to run them too.....you might put the Yorkie in your back pack so she keeps up.

Real close to turning off the internet and cell phones cable tv and becomeing a recluse..... got to be easier to quit that cigerettes and booze. Right?

Seems the whole world is at our finger tips and all is just negative crap.  If it wasn't for the love of a heated privy we go live in the woods. 

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #245 on: October 31, 2017, 08:16:08 am »

Oh yeah and Happy Beggars Day- Glen are you manning a manbun and skinnyjeans today?

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #246 on: October 31, 2017, 09:08:45 am »

If it wasn't for the love of a heated privy we go live in the woods. 
That didn't stop us, but it really is the little things in life, ya know? Nothing like having to go out in the cold, but when you have to sit on that ice cold seat... I actually brought this up on another board, like our first real winter out here. Somebody said to try handwarmers, and I had to point out it wasn't my hands that were the issue.  Roll Eyes

greyhawk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2017, 01:02:15 pm »

That didn't stop us, but it really is the little things in life, ya know? Nothing like having to go out in the cold, but when you have to sit on that ice cold seat... I actually brought this up on another board, like our first real winter out here. Somebody said to try handwarmers, and I had to point out it wasn't my hands that were the issue.  Roll Eyes

I visited with a feller inWyoming for a few days one time - the privy was about forty yards from my cabin (he had two privys named after George bush and Al Gore) - it was steep ground and he built em facing downhill - a true throne - but the view wasnt that great - I commented on that and asked him how come ? it woulda made sense to me to walk in from the uphill side instead of climbing three steep steps - he says ya might wanna pull the door to next time - I made em like that to make it harder for the bears to get in -  yeah well ! I figured out later he was funnin me - it was about this time o'year and 6 inches of snow on the ground - any bear with any brains was already asleep in his cave - but man that seat was cold in the middle of the night.

So an outside privy in my country - we call it the dunny - you wont find a bear but there is a better than average chance you will find a 5 foot brown snake coiled up on the seat . 
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2017, 01:50:29 pm »

Just sold 3 goats maybe i can afford a case of .223 or 556 ammo.  Been a long Kid season. We sold last years when they were 8 to 10 weeks old.

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #249 on: October 31, 2017, 03:19:45 pm »

So an outside privy in my country - we call it the dunny - you wont find a bear but there is a better than average chance you will find a 5 foot brown snake coiled up on the seat . 
I heard a song about the red back under the dunny seat. I always lift and check for Black Widows, basically same spider, different accent.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The pumpkin spice everything month coffee thread. « previous next »
Jump to: