Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 11:08:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Darksider's Den (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Major 2, Capt Quirk)  |  Topic: Does anybody know ???? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anybody know ????  (Read 1218 times)
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« on: September 24, 2017, 04:11:29 pm »

I am again suffering from "Wild Hair Syndrome."  It will also involve some "Gun Bashing" to succeed.  Lots of Gun Bashing ........

So ..... Weak minds with limited knowledge are ignorant of the facts.  Just the facts mind you.  Being of shot body and weak mind .......

Anybody know if the barrel assembly from an 1847 Walker will mount up on a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Model Dragoon frame with the cylinder/Barrel bore axis aligned??  I know there is a disparity (no issue) with the length of the respective cylinders and the barrel Breach (also no issue), and I don't care about the loading rammers (excess to requirements). 

I just have this wild and crazy idea for a pair of wild and crazy Snubbies (Snubbies??  Something that big .... a Snubbie??).
Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

River Banker Extraordinaire

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:14:53 pm »

One time several years ago when I had my Walker, Transition Dragoon, and 2nd Model Dragoon all apart, all laying on a towel on the dining room table (Mrs Crow was gone Lips Sealed), I checked just for "funzie's" if the Walker barrel would fit on the Dragoon frame and Dragoon barrel on the Walker frame. If I recall right they did, but I didn't slip the wedges in the slots nor cycle the actions. Maybe for more "funzie's" unless someone chimes in giving definite hardcore information I'll take the Walker and 2nd Dragoon apart and see just how they do match and function. Do it for ya old pal Coffinmaker for thrown' ya under the bus a while back. Grin  Got me curious anyway!!

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 05:19:51 pm »

I guess I'm still not clear on why you would want the Walker barrel instead of the later Dragoon barrels.  Since you love short guns, wouldn't you be able to make it shorter using a Dragoon barrel along with its frame?

Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 05:34:58 pm »

I guess I'm still not clear on why you would want the Walker barrel instead of the later Dragoon barrels.  Since you love short guns, wouldn't you be able to make it shorter using a Dragoon barrel along with its frame?
Wondered that too, but just answered the question. Curious about the answer.

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo
45 Dragoon
Citizen

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 07:14:40 pm »

CM,
  It will work if you swap the Walker arbor in place of the Dragoon arbor.
And of course, it will use the Walker cyl.

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @ goonsgunworks

www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 09:51:56 pm »

Hear be the wild hair.  The octagonal portion of the 47 Walker barrel will yield a working barrel of about 3 1/2 inches.  I really like 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 inches for barrel length on a Snubbie.  So ..... the plan is to cut the round part of the barrel smooth off (paper weight) so the end of the barrel is flush at the end of the octagonal portion of the 47 Walker.

The 1st 2nd or 3rd model Dragoon barrel would result in a poorly balanced gun.  I actually need the weight of the '47 barrel lug to give good balance.  Plus, the longer barrel lug will look trix. 

The plan is also to include a Kirst Konverter.  Specifically, the Gated Konverter for the '47 Walker which will also and incidentally be through bored to accept the 45 Brimstone cartridge.  I figure the 45 Brimstone out of a 3 1/2 inch barreled Walker would be just AWSOME!!  At a night match, it should stop traffic.  Especially  a 460 case filled with Cannon or 1f.

I'm still not to sure if I could call a Dragoon/Walker/Brimstone/Conversion a "Snubbie."  Even with the short barrel it's gonna be massive.  As in LARGE!!  Kinda like the BIG package of Charmin!!
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 09:55:57 pm »

Well alright then.  Start spending money.  Smiley

Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 11:02:18 pm »

Ah jeez CM, doing that to a gun of such magnificence would be like takin a brand new 1969 Chevy SS 396 Chevelle or a 1964 GTO 389 with dual quads to a demolition derby straight from the dealers back in the day they were made--even today. No offense, but I gotta tell ya straight---about makes me wanna cry. Cry Cry

Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 11:21:34 pm »

Ah jeez CM, doing that to a gun of such magnificence would be like takin a brand new 1969 Chevy SS 396 Chevelle or a 1964 GTO 389 with dual quads to a demolition derby straight from the dealers back in the day they were made--even today. No offense, but I gotta tell ya straight---about makes me wanna cry. Cry Cry

Well, not really iof ya think about it.  He will have to buy a spare part Walker barrel to cut.  That just adds to the economy (Italians as well).  Plus adds to Kirst's bottom line.  And all he has to do is slap the original Dragoon barrel and cylinder back on it an voila! back to stock and demolition derby avoided.  Smiley

Well, except for the port in the frame.  Wink

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 01:10:07 am »

Hmmm... I do believe such a " Snubbie."    Dragoon/Walker/Brimstone/Conversion would need a name ....

Something fitting to it's massive but compact size & power....   Shooters of The Opentop and Richard-Masons or "STORM"/Opentop of the century if you will...

" IRMA "   yeah !  that is fitting    1 Real Massive  Arm

45 Dragoon
Citizen

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 06:23:31 am »

Of course when you think about it, what you're really gaining is a different grip frame from the Walker. So, you'd be making a "2nd Model" Walker or a "3rd Model" (square or round trigger guard). Or,  .  .  .  .  .  .  you could do the deed to a Walker (as is) and say it's a "New Whitneyville Dragoon Snubby .  .  .  .  thingy " ?  Wink

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @ goonsgunworks

www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 07:48:57 pm »

Let us not forget.  When this project is done, I will have eliminated those silly oval cylinder slots and the correspondingly dumb oval locking bolt.  At'z primarily why I'm not gonna chop and channel the '47 Walker.  French'd tail lights on a Dragoon wid a square back Trigger Guard will be much more ascetically pleasing.  Along with serious dual EXHAUST!!  BOOMBA!!
Jimeast
Active citizen

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 08:21:47 am »

Here is a Walker Snub Nose on Armslist that is cut off: Not Mine  Smiley

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1394105/casper-wyoming-muzzle-loaders-for-sale--1847-walker-snubnose-belly-gun
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 02:56:33 pm »

Jimeast .........

Thanks for the link.  Ain't that just about the Cat's Meow!!  Near the coolest looking Pocket Cannon going.  Now just imagine it with a gated conversion.  Just WOW!!
Jimeast
Active citizen

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 04:14:17 pm »

It's very cool, but will it fit in a pocket?   Smiley
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 11:39:18 am »

Well .... Maybe a really BIG double stitched pocket.   Roll Eyes

Oh, ...... and prolly need a good pair of Suspenders.    Shocked
Isbjorn
Very Active Citizen

I promise I won't laugh at your mule.

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 02:54:37 am »

Mr. Coffinmaker... Has your peyote tea gone and fermented? Cool
That's like turning a Pz.Kpfw VI into a Kubelwagen. Grin

The REAL code of the West:
Do unto others before others do it unto you.
WH#3
Isbjorn
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 02:58:13 am »

Let us not forget.  When this project is done, I will have eliminated those silly oval cylinder slots and the correspondingly dumb oval locking bolt.  At'z primarily why I'm not gonna chop and channel the '47 Walker.  French'd tail lights on a Dragoon wid a square back Trigger Guard will be much more ascetically pleasing.  Along with serious dual EXHAUST!!  BOOMBA!!
Just make sure you install the twice pipes twice.

WH#3
Isbjorn
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 03:04:26 am »

Looks like an elephant with a trunkectomy.

WH#3
Qball
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 06:22:27 am »

I Like it.

WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM
Sir Charles deMouton-Black
THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 09:50:31 am »

And;"...will be much more ascetically pleasing." Wink

I always thunked that the look of a chopped Walker/Dragoon Wuz NOT esthetically pleasing! Wink

NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”
Isbjorn
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 06:31:31 pm »

Prohibited. Wasn't done in 1876.

WH#3
greyhawk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 06:56:35 pm »

And;"...will be much more ascetically pleasing." Wink

I always thunked that the look of a chopped Walker/Dragoon Wuz NOT esthetically pleasing! Wink

Ahh  but that night picture of full charge of cannon powder will be awesome - wont need to hit anything with the boolit cuz he will burn em out - what a flamethrower !!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Darksider's Den (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Major 2, Capt Quirk)  |  Topic: Does anybody know ???? « previous next »
Jump to: