Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 12:14:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Greetings from Seattle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greetings from Seattle  (Read 564 times)
Tinker Pearce
Very Active Citizen

« on: September 05, 2017, 01:36:55 am »

Howdy! I was directed here because of my interest in 19th C. handguns and cartridge conversions. Already found some valuable info about loading heel-based bullets, which will come in handy for a project I am currently working on.

I'm a vet, ex-LEO and a life-long shooter. In the last few years I've taken up the hobby of gunsmithing (strictly an amateur!) and lately am most interested in cartridge conversions. I started out shooting percussion revolvers but I don't care to mess with them anymore, so cartridge conversions are a lazy man's return to his roots.

Not a CAS competitor; nothing against it but the expense, and I find I don't really enjoy shooting competitively these days. I do love the guns though, and have a great time shooting them.
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 02:59:02 pm »

Welcome! There are a couple of us from the wet side of the mountains (although not too wet lately).  Please give reports on projects that you're working on and adventures you might have.  Thanks also for the photo that you included in your other post. We all tend to love, if not downright require, photos.

Thanks for joining us!

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573
Tinker Pearce
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 03:18:33 pm »

Thanks Griff- I'll certainly keep y'all up to date!
Tinker Pearce
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 04:26:49 pm »

Gotta say I am deee-lighted to find such an active and vibrant community of open-top and cartridge-conversion shooters here. Who knew? Besides a few hundred a' ya'll, I mean...
Professor Marvel
purveyor of useless items to the gentry
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

life is too short to waste on stupid

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 01:10:29 am »

Greetings My Good Tinker

welcome to our little Asylum . The Good Marshall allows us to run screamining through the hallways
free reign as long as we all play nice  :-)

I do hope the fires are not overly pestering you folks up in the Great Northwest; the smoke has come all the way down to Albuquerqe.

yhs
prof marvel

Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Tinker Pearce
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 07:39:17 am »

Greetings My Good Tinker

welcome to our little Asylum . The Good Marshall allows us to run screamining through the hallways
free reign as long as we all play nice  :-)

I do hope the fires are not overly pestering you folks up in the Great Northwest; the smoke has come all the way down to Albuquerqe.

yhs
prof marvel

It was pretty bad yesterday. We've buttoned up the house and the air-cleaners are running overtime. Ten minutes outside yesterday and my lungs were talking to me- makes it hard for a fella to get much work done!
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 04:46:57 pm »

As the good purveyor of Patented Snake Oil and other Magic Remedies (Perfesser Marvel) has so eloquently (didn't know I knew that wurd didja) contributed, there are many of us in this Little Asylum whom find guns of a shorter persuasion to be of the utmost interest.  Some of the inmates, er, residents, er denizens, are even moved to convert them to suppositories. 

I, myself have been known to remove excess and unwanted barrel material.  Lots of excess and unnecessary barrel material.  I have also been known to eliminate loose ammunition in favor of ...... (gasp) ....... Suppositories.  Powered by true Gonne Puder of course.  I espouse the notion, any barrel over 3 1/2 inches is just wasted steel to be recycled.

So, keep those cards and letters coming.  Photographic documentation is also greatly appreciated even if we do have to keep those little plastic covers on our keyboards  Roll Eyes
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 06:24:00 pm »

Welcome Tinker Pearce, to the best forum anywhere. We have a real good group here with a LOT of knowledge and experience and  don't mind sharing. In my misspent youth I missspent a very nice summer in Seattle in 1973. You are in a pretty part of the country. Would have stayed but I couldn't find any work. As to your interests, I like them old too, heel base .38 Colts and .455 Webleys are definitely fun guns.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Sir Charles deMouton-Black
THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 12:50:22 pm »

Welcome Tinker; I am from Fort Victoria, just North of you and only a fast-ferry away. Checkout the Darksider's and open-top colt pages.

NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”
Tinker Pearce
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 03:45:58 pm »

Welcome Tinker; I am from Fort Victoria, just North of you and only a fast-ferry away. Checkout the Darksider's and open-top colt pages.

Thanks Sir Charles- way ahead of you there!
Sir Charles deMouton-Black
THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 07:22:28 pm »

Prof marvelous Wink
We had an early morning shower here in Victoria. Just enough to filter most of the wildfire smoke outta da hair, but it won't drop any moer for a bit so its still a drought here on the WET?? coast.

NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”
Professor Marvel
purveyor of useless items to the gentry
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

life is too short to waste on stupid

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 09:16:10 pm »

Sir C-
looks like all the dampness went to texas, cuba, and florida ....
good luck up there
yhs
prof smoky

Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Greetings from Seattle « previous next »
Jump to: