Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 09:10:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Coffee thread for the 9th month of 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coffee thread for the 9th month of 2017  (Read 7999 times)
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2017, 09:29:54 am »

ST, that looks plenty modern enough for me. I Like it!

Well, I've started my CAS persona by just pushing back my birthday year by a 100 years(1857), too young for the civil war but right on time for the Indian wars. Roll Eyes

So now I'm in 1917.  Grin

I get to see motorcars, motorcycles, airplanes and semi autos.  Grin

* cadillac-type-53.jpg (88.37 KB, 800x445 - viewed 19 times.)

* f4540b3d183043cc9f7ee377fb04a8e7.jpg (89.82 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 21 times.)

* left.h5.jpg (26.12 KB, 518x400 - viewed 16 times.)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2017, 09:31:59 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Slim i sent 2 replies, not sure you got them.
I got 'em.

This one was made in 1902. Works flawlessly and it's accurate. JMB was indeed a genius.
These pistols made semi autos a reallity. To the point that a browning became synonyme for pistol in early XXth century Europe.
Is it .32 or .380?

Rained most of the afternoon.
'Tis 58 and sunny. High of 78.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2017, 09:34:37 am »

Is it .32 or .380?

Slim

The FN 1900 was only made in .32 acp.
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2017, 09:48:52 am »

Well, I've started my CAS persona by just pushing back my birthday year by a 100 years(1857), too young for the civil war but right on time for the Indian wars. Roll Eyes

So now I'm in 1917.  Grin

I get to see motorcars, motorcycles, airplanes and semi autos.  Grin

Even motorcycles made by the same FN who made that pistol.  Grin

* 2013%2F11%2F139A_15-1913-FN-4.jpg (370.81 KB, 1600x881 - viewed 23 times.)
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2017, 09:50:23 am »

Raining hard here, Match was cancelled so I got to sleep in. Wife and daughter went to nycity for wife's birthday. She knows better than to ask me to go with them. Y'all have a good one.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2017, 10:19:15 am »

Looks like it could start a war.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2017, 12:35:43 pm »

Morning all.

About being overcome with wildfire...  Yeah, we did.

http://www.redding.com/story/news/2017/09/02/labor-day-heat-wave-continues-whiskeytown-cautions-against-visits/628959001/

7440 acres, 141 structures destroyed in 6 hours.  This started Wednesday and blocked my route home, so I've been stuck in my tower.  I got to come home Yesterday through a back road, but I spent most of the afternoon working with an engine delivering supplies into the fire area.  Along about eight miles of highway it's an absolute moonscape.  There was one place where a fellow had a bunch of old cars, and those are all puddles of melted metal now.  Nothing made it out of the fire.  The darn thing was moving at 40mph.  I know several people who lost their homes and everything on their properties.  It's not good.

So, there's my news for the week.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2017, 01:02:52 pm »

The FN 1900 was only made in .32 acp.
I've found .32 ACP brass is hard to find in grass. .25 ACP is even harder to find.  Roll Eyes

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2017, 02:06:45 pm »

Here's some pictures of the fire.

http://www.trinityjournal.com/multimedia/photos/collection_37e575ba-8f71-11e7-b59c-b3d3ec97827f.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share#12

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2017, 02:07:37 pm »

I've found .32 ACP brass is hard to find in grass. .25 ACP is even harder to find.  Roll Eyes

Slim
Very true, and .22 is harder still. But, I find it, sometimes days later, sometimes years later... sometimes.

Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2017, 02:21:04 pm »

Slim

Every case is hard to find in grass. Angry
Even .45 ACP cases. They seem to hide from me on purpose. They also have the nasty habit of laying upright with the mouth facing up becoming almost invisible in the grass.

Even though the .32 wasn't ejecting to the grass, I managed to loose one. Angry
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2017, 02:27:47 pm »

Morning all.

About being overcome with wildfire...  Yeah, we did.

http://www.redding.com/story/news/2017/09/02/labor-day-heat-wave-continues-whiskeytown-cautions-against-visits/628959001/

7440 acres, 141 structures destroyed in 6 hours.  This started Wednesday and blocked my route home, so I've been stuck in my tower.  I got to come home Yesterday through a back road, but I spent most of the afternoon working with an engine delivering supplies into the fire area.  Along about eight miles of highway it's an absolute moonscape.  There was one place where a fellow had a bunch of old cars, and those are all puddles of melted metal now.  Nothing made it out of the fire.  The darn thing was moving at 40mph.  I know several people who lost their homes and everything on their properties.  It's not good.

So, there's my news for the week.

--TK

Tough. I had a fire near me last month. First time in my life I got evacuated from my home. There was no real danger. But I guess the officials overreacted because of that previous fire that had important loss of lives.
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2017, 06:11:27 pm »

Slim
I know .380 is pretty hard to find. My LCP scatters it far and wide-I tried using an 8X10 tarp, but most of them missed it.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2017, 09:21:54 pm »

Try hanging the tarp like a curtin.  It will pile up on the ground below it. This has worked for me, a tarp or old sheet works best. Cardboard or wood will cause it to bounce.  Since i don't cast i have only reloaded 32 with 31cal balls. Both acp and 32 long. I may have some mixed .32 brass and dies i might be able round up to trade off.

Finding that brass is hard to find on crushed gravel too.

TK glad you are okay.. ya'll  are taking a back seat to Harvey. But we all are praying for snow out there.

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2017, 08:24:56 am »

The board seems to be under a Russian spam attack.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2017, 09:11:46 am »

The board seems to be under a Russian spam attack.

I coukd use a spam can of ammo.

Coffee is up

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2017, 10:33:12 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

The SP101 shoots high in double action, but right on in single action. It probably is me.  Roll Eyes I have to load more .38's for more testing.  Wink  Setting up to load, now.

'Tis 69 and cloudy. Sun it trying to peak out. High of 72.

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2017, 11:01:19 am »

I was loading 125 grain TC over some titegroup. At the upper end of chart. It seem to handle them fine in the 2" barrel.

I tried some Hornady critical defence. 96 grains my loads had about same recoil and were very accurate. I never tried a "BoxO Truth" water jug test on them from either that or either of the S&W's, the Critical defence are a $1 a round. So getting too involved i won't. I am not as pretty as Mike Bellvue or Hickok so free ammo doesn't come to me for favorble reviews.

The SP handles .357 just fine. The S&W's are .38's the Model 10 has a replacement barrel and is plus p. Having the Ruger in .357 is a great option.

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2017, 11:53:49 am »

Morning all.

Still smoky here.  The fire is throwing a lot of sparks and spot fires.  The closest is about 4 miles away and 10 acres.  We're pretty safe here, since this area is pretty well fire safed (trees and lawns trimmed, etc), but we're loading the cars just in case.

Once this all gets over and done, I'm looking at getting an R&D cylinder for my Pietta '51.  I'm thinking I might get a new barrel and cut it to 5.5 inches, maybe shorter, so I can effectively have four guns in one.  Roll Eyes I figure a little 5 inch barrel, loaded up with some 38 Short and those snakeshot cups would make a nice little companion when I'm out deer hunting if I felt like popping a squirrel, or jackrabbit.  Plus, conversions are just cool.  Roll Eyes

--TK

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2017, 02:33:25 pm »

I figure a little 5 inch barrel, loaded up with some 38 Short and those snakeshot cups would make a nice little companion when I'm out deer hunting if I felt like popping a squirrel, or jackrabbit.  Plus, conversions are just cool.  Roll Eyes

--TK
TK, if you get the cylinder intended for use with un-lined .375 bore guns, it's bored straight through, no "step" in the chamber. You could use .357 brass for shotshells, just load powder, wad, shot, another wad. No shot capsule needed.

However-having played with shot rounds in revolvers before, I can't recommend trying them on squirrels or rabbits. Patterns out of a rifled barrel at anything over 8-10 feet is pretty bad.
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2017, 03:09:43 pm »

I've found .32 ACP brass is hard to find in grass. .25 ACP is even harder to find.  :: )

Slim

Almost missed it. I'll be lookin for .25 brass soon enough (not really  Grin). Also waiting for the paperwork for a 1906 FN. Same thing as the Colt 1908 vest pocket but made by FN. As a side note, it was the only JMB design that was manufactured to the same specs in both sides of the pond.
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2017, 03:13:45 pm »

However-having played with shot rounds in revolvers before, I can't recommend trying them on squirrels or rabbits. Patterns out of a rifled barrel at anything over 8-10 feet is pretty bad.
You just have to be vewy vewy qwiet, and sneak up on them. Just watch out for those wascawy wabbits, they like to stick their fingers in the barrel, or tie it in knots Wink

Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2017, 03:20:36 pm »

You just have to be vewy vewy qwiet, and sneak up on them. Just watch out for those wascawy wabbits, they like to stick their fingers in the barrel, or tie it in knots Wink

Or worse.  Grin

* 985ac1ac498e506bb94917a4028c9d92--bugs-bunny-bunnies.jpg (25.85 KB, 400x289 - viewed 17 times.)
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2017, 06:27:38 am »

I have noticed locally FNAmerica has commericals running here.  Been aired on what i thought to be a Liberal owned network. The Food Channel.  Of course i just watched Andrew Ziimner shoot 4 hogs, from a air boat and earlier eposode some squirrels. 
Shattered Thumbs is that your scooter?

Morning coffee and fixings for tea are up.  Be back later ya'll keep it between the ditches.

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2017, 07:07:30 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Rained overnight.
'Tis 48 and partly cloudy. "Cooler. Partly cloudy in the morning  then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Coffee thread for the 9th month of 2017 « previous next »
Jump to: