Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 09:52:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Howdy from Arizona Territory 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Howdy from Arizona Territory  (Read 401 times)
Jrice
Citizen

« on: August 30, 2017, 12:06:02 am »

Spent about 10 years building custom rifles up north in Wyoming.  Change of career sent me south.  Shot a number of other types of competition, but this sure looks like more fun than should be legal and a lot more laid back.  Looking forward to giving it a try.
Forty Rod
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 11:55:34 am »

Where in AZT are you located?

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.
Ben Beam
SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 12:13:30 pm »

Welcome! Can you tell us a bit more about what you like to shoot?

Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com
Jrice
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 12:01:45 am »

Currently in Mesa.

Over the years I've shot a few different categories.  Started out doing rendezvous shooting a flintlock longrifle, went to 3 position small bore although that's been quite a few years.  IDPA, 3 gun, and more recently 600 yard benchrest, and some informal F-class type stuff.  Through most of that time on the side I've kept coyotes throughout Wyoming and Utah pretty nervous.    Through the entire time I've never owned a SA wheel gun.  Between now and the end of the year I plan to be picking up a pair along with a '73 in matching caliber.  Barrel length on the handguns and the caliber still up in the air a bit.  5.5 or 7.5 in either 44-40 or 45 Colt.  Just kind of depends what is available at he shop when I go in.  The practical side of my brain says the 5.5" 45's ,  the other side that I listen to too damn often says 7.5"  44-40's. 
Forty Rod
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 12:40:15 am »

Come on up to Prescott Valley and let me show you why I moved here.

Forty Rod (an old Logan, Utah kid.)

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.
Jrice
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 07:53:14 pm »

I need to take a weekend and head up that way.  I was in Wyoming for a little over 30 years, then Cedar City, UT for about 5, and have been in AZ for a few more.  Most time when I've headed out of town since moving down hear I head south toward Tucson, or a bit further.  Going to start heading up toward Prescott or out east onto the rim.
Forty Rod
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 11:18:47 pm »

Tell me when and we'll set up a get together.

My parents owned a winter home in Cedar City about thirty five years ago.  Had it for a couple of years and sold it to developer who proceeded to put a passel of condos on it for other snow birds.  Dad told me he got about 5X what he had in the place.

Jrice
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 11:49:07 pm »

Thank you.  I'll keep it in mind.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Howdy from Arizona Territory « previous next »
Jump to: