Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 04:18:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: hurricane harvey 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hurricane harvey  (Read 1831 times)
dusty texian
Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2017, 01:57:36 pm »

I am guessing if you can post here you are all safe.  We here in Alabama are praying for your families. Relieve is on the way for those in need..
Yes we are WET AND TIRED BUT safe , the prayers are greatly appreciated , give em a Big Thanks in Alabama for us .,,,DT
dusty texian
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2017, 02:04:13 pm »

Hey Dusty, glad to hear you mostly came through this Smiley It may not seem like much damage, but believe me, it does go down hill from there. and fast. We survived 3 hurricanes in a month, only losing some roofing, and minor damage. Like you, the house was full of water. Then the mold started growing. We had to have the whole house gutted to the framework, and everything inside got tossed because of it.
  Thank You CQ . You are right the mold is starting as we speak. I'v. been through many hurricanes Ike being the last one , one thing you cant forget is the smell / stink / crying of the little one's and old alike , the faces with the thousand yard stare  after a man finally stops for a moment and the way people stand together and just keep going  . Thanks for the good wishes Amigo ! ,,,DT
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2017, 03:07:09 pm »

Hang in there Dusty, the rain will stop and things will dry out. We've been through a bunch of hurricanes living here in eastern NC for45 years. Last one was the worst. Took a year before we finally got back into the house after gutting, elevating 3 ft and new floors, walls and furniture. Breaks my heart to see so much misery and destruction but there are moments of bravery and heroism that show America at it's best.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2017, 03:32:14 pm »

Dusty,
I feel for you.  I've lost everything (material) in a house fire about 23 years ago.  Don't be to proud, and accept help.  This was the hardest thing for me to do...find humility. 

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
dusty texian
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2017, 03:55:35 pm »

Hang in there Dusty, the rain will stop and things will dry out. We've been through a bunch of hurricanes living here in eastern NC for45 years. Last one was the worst. Took a year before we finally got back into the house after gutting, elevating 3 ft and new floors, walls and furniture. Breaks my heart to see so much misery and destruction but there are moments of bravery and heroism that show America at it's best.
Thanks Ed , Aint gonna beat me down, Its watching the others that hurts. ,,,DT
dusty texian
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2017, 04:00:20 pm »

Dusty,
I feel for you.  I've lost everything (material) in a house fire about 23 years ago.  Don't be to proud, and accept help.  This was the hardest thing for me to do...find humility. 
Thanks Troy Just having friends and kinfolk around is all I need .  We will get past this , told my Baby girl today , she lost her home in the flood , Better times look far away , but good things will get here sooner than you think . Wont be beat down ! ,,DT
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2017, 05:21:46 pm »

Stay TEXAS STRONG!!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
pinto beans
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2017, 07:49:16 pm »

Mr. Dusty,

Will be thinking of ya and prayers already sent up.  Keep us posted and hang in there.  Hate it when weather brings such misery to so many.

Pinto Beans
Cholla Hill Tirador
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2017, 09:37:53 pm »

I'm leaving tomorrow at 5:00 a.m. to head down to the southern area of my beloved state to help with fixin' what's broken on our state roadways.

CHT
dusty texian
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2017, 07:20:05 am »

I'm leaving tomorrow at 5:00 a.m. to head down to the southern area of my beloved state to help with fixin' what's broken on our state roadways.

CHT
Safe Travel's ,,,DT
dusty texian
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2017, 07:23:44 am »

Mr. Dusty,

Will be thinking of ya and prayers already sent up.  Keep us posted and hang in there.  Hate it when weather brings such misery to so many.

Pinto Beans Thanks Amigo!!! ,,DT
dusty texian
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2017, 10:49:07 am »

Thank God the SUN IS SHINING  ! ,,,DT
dusty texian
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2017, 03:21:59 pm »

Had the pleasure of meeting some Great folks yesterday from Tennessee. They saw us working on storm clean-up  and stoped ask where they were . My wife told them Port Arthur Tx.  Jefferson Co.  They proceded to hand out care packages and give up a few laughs and kind words , and went on thier way doing more relief work. So to the Great folks from Tennessee that made our day a bit easier . Thank You and God Bless You . ,,,,,DT
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2017, 05:30:52 pm »

Not the First time.... some Great folks from Tennessee were there in 1836  Smiley
dusty texian
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2017, 07:11:21 pm »

That's a fact .,,,,DT
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2017, 08:01:30 pm »

yep !

* pofcast.jpg (68.1 KB, 639x482 - viewed 21 times.)
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2017, 08:38:42 pm »

You guys prepared for Hurricane Irma heading your way?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
dusty texian
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2017, 05:25:19 am »

You guys prepared for Hurricane Irma heading your way?
This region has been devastated  by Hurricane Harvey , most folk are sleeping on cots if they are lucky . Eating what is handed out from volentier relief workers / homeless and in a state of shock.  Flood waters have not receded much . Most roads are still flooded.  All we can do is keep on picking-up the pieces of whats left and pray that the storm does not make landfall on anyone . But it sure looks like we are about to get another round of natures rath. ,,,,DT
dusty texian
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2017, 05:52:45 am »

Pull your hat down snug Major 2 , this one is a killer !  Best of luck to Y'all ! ,,,DT
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2017, 09:19:54 am »

one bad mammer jammer mother trucker big time .... this one will " leave a MARK !

Plywood cut & delivered, bottled water , gas tank full and hunkering down ...all we can do
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2017, 09:40:29 am »

Don't forget meds, duck tape and pet food. I stocked up for Y2K and had enough tp for 6 months but no extra dog fud. Oops. Still shooting my .22 stockpile.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2017, 03:17:23 pm »

Overheard at the corral that firearms and ammunition are being confiscated in the US Virgin Islands and that the NRA is taking legal action.

Same thing happened at Great Slave Lake, NWT (wildfire) and High River, Alberta (catastrophic flooding). The rcmp broke into over 1500 homes, ransacking them looking for firearms and ammunition.

The local Det was sent elsewhere and outside members were brought in to do the dirty deed. This was the last straw that broke the bond of trust between Canadian gun owners and our once proud national police force.

The matter was officially whitewashed after a couple of inquiries, one by the rcmp investigating itself. No charges have been laid to date and no disciplinary action taken.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Slamfire
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2017, 07:15:39 pm »

Sorry ,,late to the camp fire,,"DT" sorry to hear about the flood,,,glad all of ya'll safe. Had a 12" flood in 5hrs. here ,my trailer is 38-40 ins. off the grd. ,,,,I more in. of water !!!! would have been in the house. Granddaughter lost her car (it held a lot more water than I thought),,the rabbit hutch(o'l thumper) was floating away,had to wade out and rescue him ( hate wading in the dark)water above waist,( kept hearing the da--dum-da- dum,from "JAWS"),,if it wasn't nailed down,,,it headed south to RED RIVER. But ,,we'r safe & dry,,sit'n around the fire ,,able to laugh ,,at how all the spare tire's,pic, table,,barrel's and other stuff looked go'n by the porch at about 20mph,,,,YA,,it'll take a while to fix,,,,but those folks in so Texas ,,,looooong road ahead,,"PRAYERS TO ALL".

"A toast,,,, to Better Day's Ahead"   Hootmix.
dusty texian
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2017, 06:14:42 am »

Glad Y'all stayed dry for the most part Slamfire . Just water we'll get over it ! ,,,DT
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: hurricane harvey « previous next »
Jump to: