Author Topic: NIPPLES!  (Read 10075 times)

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NIPPLES!
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »
More moot: I just reread my last post and I have edited the text: I was wrong about the RWS sizes. The RWS #1075 is their #11 equivalent. Their #10 (cant remember the # maybe 1050) is the smallest of all the caps I've had and won't fit anything I've ever owned.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 04:20:46 PM »
More moot: I just reread my last post and I have edited the text: I was wrong about the RWS sizes. The RWS #1075 is their #11 equivalent. Their #10 (cant remember the # maybe 1050) is the smallest of all the caps I've had and won't fit anything I've ever owned.

Confusion reigns!!!!
Caps where I live is a take what ya can get and make it work kind of deal
CCI in early days --- Some Remington ----- RWS at the moment are easier to get

I have never been able to figure it out and still none the wiser - I just measured what I have in stock

Remington No 11 = .153
CCI  No 11          = .160
RWS 1075          = .160 (thats their pistol cap) 
RWS 1055          = .200 (their rifle cap)

measured length only - have our pistols fitted for RWS 1075 - seems like they are the smallest fit then Remington not much different - the CCI are loose -------(some of these caps could be 20 yr old stock)
Any of you fellers can make sense of this ? yr smarter than me.

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 07:21:06 PM »
Personally I like to make things simple (as you can get with cap guns) so all but one of my guns use Slixshot nipples and rem#10 caps.
The one that is not set like that is a 1862 Police model that is the most cap eating boy child of a female dog ever messed with.
Otherwise every thing else uses the same cap no problem.
Bunk

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 11:42:37 AM »

Offline Isbjorn

• Very Active Citizen
  • I promise I won't laugh at your mule.
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 07:32:02 AM »
4 clicks?

That's 1 too many.

Mike

Not for MY Colt and repros... The last two might sound like one if you're not listening REALLY carefully.
The REAL code of the West:
Do unto others before others do it unto you.
WH#3

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 01:44:20 PM »
Isbjorn,
  The last two are supposed to sound like one. The bolt locking the cylinder and full cock engagement is supposed to be simultaneous. That's per Colts design. The first "click" in a 4 click Colt is the safety notch which Dragoons do not have which means, it's a 3 "clicker" if it is set up correctly.

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Offline Lefty Dude

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 04:18:42 PM »
When I was building my RAT-ROD 61/36 Navy Kit Gun, I replaced the nipples in the Cylinder. I used a set of Tresso's I had replaced in another piece with Slix-Shot's. The Tresso's were short and would not fire a Cap. I used 20 gage soft copper wire from some RG-59 coax, and made some shim/ washers. I placed the wire in the nipple groove, above the threads and shank. This gave me just the right amount length I needed for a correct Hammer to distance clearance and fit. With this fitting the washer/spacer stays on the nipple if it is removed.

Works for me.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 04:28:18 PM »

I use to use the nifty little Glo Plug Gaskets for model airplane engines.  Haven't had a Model shop in town for ...... Years now.  Lustrums even.  Sad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com