Author Topic: Opinions on Next Purchase  (Read 11845 times)

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Opinions on Next Purchase
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2017, 04:46:36 PM »
I have no doubt that we would.  ;D 

If you're ever near Houston, you should let me know.  There is someplace we can shoot around here every weekend.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2017, 05:50:01 PM »
Well, I finally got my RM's back from my gunsmith today and plan to shoot them next weekend at our match.  They apparently turned into a little more work than was anticipated, but look and feel good now.

He followed Pettifogger's article on arbor fit, and then found that after doing that, the cylinder had far too much end shake (?).  He had to build up and lengthen the gas ring to take the slop out of it so the hand would reach the cylinder ratchet.  However, now the barrel/cylinder gap is proper and everything is tight and functions well.  Also installed the "Ruger" coil spring/plunger hand modification, hardened the internals and tuned it.

They're pretty and should run well for a long time with "gamer" 44 Russian BP ammo.
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2017, 07:38:09 AM »
Took 'em out to shoot, and found out the lighter hammer springs we installed didn't provide reliable ignition.  After reinstalling the original springs they run great.  I shot a clean match with both yesterday.  They have a good barrel cylinder gap and did not bind up or get sticky at all.  Great style points and fun to shoot with 44 Russian BP ammo.  These will see a lot of use!  ;D
Learned Brother at Armes

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:20:44 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com