Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 05:40:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: "TR" laser engraved Cimarron? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "TR" laser engraved Cimarron?  (Read 2712 times)
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 09:44:47 pm »

Ha... that's my gun  Smiley  I took that photo ( your welcome to use it )

Here is another ...only thing FLAT about it is.... "IT FLAT SHOOTS"

I use , Whyte Leather Works conical ....

I hand it to you, Yahooed ... you are the Jay Leno of gun collecting  Wink    

* Dexter & Sinister 2.jpg (171.66 KB, 664x374 - viewed 26 times.)
sfc rick
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 10:53:26 pm »

sfc rick, I have never heard of Baron Technology CNC engraving. Is the Ruger Vaquero you posted an example of such engraving?

Yes, my New Vaquero Deluxe Edition uses Baron Technologies  CNC'd process.

http://baronengraving.com/
LonesomePigeon
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 11:48:24 pm »

sfc rick, thanks for the reply. Actually, I'm sure I have seen that type of engraving now, I just didn't know it. I think it's very nice.
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2017, 06:44:58 pm »

llanerosolitario, none of the pictures you posted came through.  Recently Photobucket changed policy to a paid service, not free.  Perhaps you did not know about that.

As regards the Baron technology laser engraving, well we all have our own opinions, so here's mine.  I like very much some of the designs on their website.  However, I care not at all for what they did to the single actions, including the Ruger shown above.  No stippling may be part of it.  They just seem to lack artistic design, I guess.  Not sure how to put it.

llanerosolitario
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 06:50:19 pm »

Thanks, I have noticed it rigth now, so my last post makes no sense.

Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2017, 07:22:04 pm »

My Good Confessor Marvelous ...

If I might.  The "Capt. Schaeffer Colt" reproductions are coming in in small batches.  They are being built in limited number.  I have no clue how "limited" but "not a lot" comes to mind.  Ergo, it might behove, to place ones self on EMFs list of "Who's Wanting One" or "Who Wants Two" thereby insuring ones self the opportunity of ownership.

Once set up, the Capt. Schaeffer repros are absolute whiz Bangs to play with.  Understanding that under barrel loading lever is almost as useful as Teats on a Boar.  Loaded off gun with ones propellant of choice will generate a most harmonious experience.

Just a thought.  Oh, and they look REALLY KOOL!!
yahoody
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2017, 01:05:48 am »

Haven't been shooting in the last year until just recently. I could be doing better.

I liked the TR gun enough to buy another for a new brace of 7.5" guns. The second gun is even better than the first. Targets are 18 round groups of 250gr factory HS loads, 3 x 6 rounds, off hand at 15 yards.

New gun's target is on the left, original TR gun's target on the right. I shot the original gun first. The older gun has a lot better trigger than the one just out of the box. Still the new one shoots much closer to POA/POI. I have almost zero endurance right now to shooting groups. But either gun will shoot good groups. I am still impressed with these guns as a faithful reproduction of the 1st Gen Colt BP frames. I really like that they shoot! Not just another pretty face

"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903
Jack Straw
Citizen

SASS #1562

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2017, 06:33:05 pm »

That TR Cimarron Pietta is gorgeous.  I recently bought a Cimarron Pietta "two tone" SAA with laser engraving.  Not only is it very sharp looking I'm amazed by the smooth action and snug lock up.  The boss at my local gun shop had a look at it and inquired as to whether I paid extra for the nice action.

I may have to spring for a "Teddy" myself.  If a guy fancies a 5.5" bbl. the George Patton model is pretty hard to pass up as well.  The laser engraving is getting much nicer all the time.
LonesomePigeon
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2017, 10:53:11 pm »

Nice targets, looks like they are good shooters.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: "TR" laser engraved Cimarron? « previous next »
Jump to: