Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2018, 03:00:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Shooting the Breeze ! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shooting the Breeze !  (Read 6445 times)
dusty texian
Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 07:37:36 am »

Every once in a while during the day's filled with demolition / getting construction bid's/ dealing with adjusters , and looter's ! I stop and think about better times to come. Should be able to get away for a few days and head out to the country and check on the old place where nothing more exciting than a coyote in the barn or a coon in the garbage a big buck standing stout with his just out of velvet rack staring at you almost defiantly. Thats my Happy place  !  Where things are still normal .Hope Y'all have a good day .,,,,DT
pinto beans
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2017, 06:28:09 pm »

Hope your days continue to improve Mr. Dusty.  It seems hard times have visited lots of good folks this year.  Got you and the good folks of Texas in prayers.  Keep at it and make a little time to burn some powder!!

Pinto Beans
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 06:39:28 pm »

I'm very much afraid that those folks in Texas, Florida and all those little Caribbean island are not going to be in a happy place for a long time.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
dusty texian
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2017, 06:19:33 am »

One thing i see in the forecast is that i get to shoot my big 50 cal . 76 today just for the fun of it ." Gotta" have a bit of fun in life ! ,,,DT
Blackpowder Burn
Top Active Citizen

Smoke & Lightning

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2017, 05:50:38 pm »

Good on ya' Dusty, you deserve a little time to make smoke!

While it's not a '76, I'll be making some smoke at the TSRA regional tomorrow.  They send me out on the stage first to fog the mosquitos!  Grin

SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes
dusty texian
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 06:42:59 pm »

Blackpowder Burn . it was a kind of stress relief , poping off a few . 10/4 on the Skeeter fog ! Works on some non BP shooters also  ,,,DT
Blackpowder Burn
Top Active Citizen

Smoke & Lightning

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 10:02:46 pm »

Dang, between the "skeeters" and the "love bugs" not even BP fazed them!  I've never seen such an infestation as we have this year.  All we had to do for lunch was to suck in a deep breath and chew!   Shocked Guess it's all due to all the water remaining from ole Harvey.

On a lighter note, I did shoot a clean match at the TSRA regional.  And it was still and humid enough to make lots of good smoke!  Grin

SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes
dusty texian
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2017, 09:00:22 am »

S/E Texas (Gotta be tuff to live by the gulf! )Good Shooting   ,,,DT
dusty texian
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2017, 08:47:50 am »

I know a crow gotta make a living too . But , when one lights on the yard gate post a couple hundred yds. away and my 45/75 1876 just happens to be leaning up against the porch rail . Well that's just asking for it ! Drew a tight bead , steadied myself and give him a barrel full. Wood flying crow squawking smoke drifting and he is on his way . Bet he knows that setting on that post aint Cool !  ,,,DT
pinto beans
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2017, 10:06:35 am »

Now that's funny I don't care who you are!!!!  Thanks for sharing that one!!   Cheesy
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2017, 11:37:28 am »

I would have liked to have seen that!

CC Griff

Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2017, 12:49:35 pm »

Talking about a crow on a post. In 1973 on a cross country road trip I met a self taught gunsmith named Dale Freisen in Swift Current, Saskatchewan, he told me his crow story. In his youth he was wandering the rolling hills around Swift Current with a group of his friends. They were all armed with their trusty .22 rifles when they came across a crow perched on a fence post. They decided to 'execute' said crow by firing squad. They formed a line and performed the obligatory ready-aim-fire. As the sound of the ragged volley drifted away the crow flew away unscathed. However the cow on the other hill was not so lucky and staggered a bit and fell over. Dale had bought one sixth of a cow and had to work the summer to pay off his share. A simpler time, no police were called, the boys paid for their error in judgement. End of story.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
dusty texian
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2017, 06:38:24 am »

People are still  that away is some places. Do what's right without having to involve the authorities . Kind of like its how you act when nobody is watching , that counts. Have the 40/60 out thumbing the hammer jest waiting for that smart mouth crow !,,,DT
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2017, 09:26:09 am »

I know a crow gotta make a living too . But , when one lights on the yard gate post a couple hundred yds. away and my 45/75 1876 just happens to be leaning up against the porch rail . Well that's just asking for it ! Drew a tight bead , steadied myself and give him a barrel full. Wood flying crow squawking smoke drifting and he is on his way . Bet he knows that setting on that post aint Cool !  ,,,DT

Post, what post? Roll Eyes Probably not as much post left after that....
King Medallion
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2017, 10:53:59 am »

I smacked a crow with my Browning 1886 SRC 45/70 sitting on a top tree limb once. It just went poof, a few feathers floating around to the ground. Never seen the like. The only thing I ever killed with my 86,  Angry stupid Illinois laws.
dusty texian
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2017, 05:50:01 am »

Post, what post? Roll Eyes Probably not as much post left after that....
                                                                                                            It is getting pretty ragged .,,,,DT
dusty texian
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2017, 05:51:50 am »

I smacked a crow with my Browning 1886 SRC 45/70 sitting on a top tree limb once. It just went poof, a few feathers floating around to the ground. Never seen the like. The only thing I ever killed with my 86,  Angry stupid Illinois laws.
                                                                                           Yall need to get them to change that law King .,,,DT
King Medallion
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2017, 08:31:09 am »

I think so too. It would be more fun to come down and hunt with you tho, for hogs.
dusty texian
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2017, 09:16:09 am »

I think so too. It would be more fun to come down and hunt with you tho, for hogs.
                                                                                We can dang sure make that happen , this spring . ,,,,DT
dusty texian
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 02:08:25 pm »

With all the house and shop moving haven't had time for much else , still have my machine tools yet to move , dread moving my lathe . Wind out of the North this morning still warm/hot but better . Walked into the gunroom and that 50/95 Express was just looking like aint it about time for some fire and smoke , absolutely ! Grabbed up the 76  .50 cal. about 30 cartridges and headed out for some shooting  . Shot standing ,  kneeling ,  sitting . Was my first shooting in a while , can smell hunting season around the corner . Hope Y'all are doing well Amigo's .,,,,DT
larryo1
Active citizen

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 07:34:08 pm »

My word!  And here I figgured that there warn't anybody left who talks.  Course the weather aint been too coopertive either.  Been busy here getting our back porch deck done and the haying season is about half done already as the 2nd cutting is getting ready and the winter wheat is getting rliper and riper.  Been eyeballing my '76 lately and it has started to wink back at me so one of these days but right now the relative humidity here is just a tad over 9% at the County Airport so I think that it is a tad bit too dry for any fun.  Anyway, glad that someone is still around.
pinto beans
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2018, 06:53:40 am »

Reckon this summer has been a might busy for all.  I stop by each day to see if anyone has posted up, afraid I ain't had chance for any adventures with the 76 of late.  Like ya'll I am waiting for things to slow and the moderation of fall to come along with the hopes of getting out and burning some powder!  Glad all are doing ok, just busy!

P.B.
dusty texian
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2018, 01:30:53 pm »

Good to hear from you fellows , glad y'all are doing well ,,,,,DT
larryo1
Active citizen

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2018, 03:16:26 pm »

Well,maybe now there will be some action here.  After all it is getting closer and closer to Fall y'know.
Slamfire
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2018, 06:38:12 pm »

Hey , Dusty & all ,, thought when I closed my saddle & boot repair shop ( Nov. 2017 ) i'd have all the time I wanted to load & shoot ,, yea right !! have 20 some odd years of fix'n stuff i'd put off do'n ,, "time to pay the fiddler " . But i'm dang sure gett'n closer. Just one more big project then ,, if y'a call my name it will have to be " LONG DISTANCE " ,, been sneak'n out to the shop ( between 12 & 2:00 AM ) load'n a few up ( hee-hee ) me and the Red LEE ,,I love load'n ,,made a loading block for my 40/60 & 45/ 70's ( holds 75 cases ) & one for smaller cases . Ut-oo ,, wife's call for me ,, something else broke ,,,,, go'na sneek out to the shop ,, ya'll have a " good one ".

smoke'm if y'a got'm ,, Hootmix .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Shooting the Breeze ! « previous next »
Jump to: