Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 02:25:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: all august for the majestic dignity of COFFEE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: all august for the majestic dignity of COFFEE  (Read 9364 times)
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 09:17:11 pm »

Thread drift! Hah! Thread drift is what this thread is all about!

Had a good "workout" after work. Playing RotoRooter. Had to dig up a section of sewer pipe, cut a "cleanout" hole, and drag out a bunch of roots. Will have to dig some more later and replace a section, it's partially collapsed where it goes under the foundation. It's the black fiber kind of pipe they used to use 50-75 years ago before they invented PVC.
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 10:04:38 pm »

You know ALE isn't just for breakfast anymore  Roll Eyes
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2017, 01:10:25 am »

Warning Will Robinson!!  THREAD DRIFT!!  WARNING WILL ROBINSON >> THREAD DRIFT!!  thread drift!!

IT'S Coffee!!  Remember??  The greatest elixir on the planet.  Well ... next to Ale that is.

Coffinmaker

Yeah but there is cheaper and better coffee and why have to wait in line or park in the lot with the Priuses as well as having to deal with Yuppies all over the place. Wink

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2017, 01:41:12 am »

Couldn't sleep  so

I took this quiz ... what-would-your-wild-west-job-be?

https://www.zoo.com/quiz/what-would-your-wild-west-job-be?utm_medium=paid&utm_source=gemini&utm_campaign=360119070&utm_term=a8dLho2WBTvDZ9g--&utm_content=33468456192&asid=9513431236&device=c&adid=33468456192&mkcpgn=734e95b41ab64c7786b0a1dc1df979ab&sg_uid=FnC-Sj-jTrGZ-pJjcbC8nA&sessionid=ITL00Cg4A7Ie2A2wXNko

Seems... I'd be a Saloon Keeper   (  it was something to do )

By the by the water is on....   Smiley     
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2017, 05:34:35 am »

The survey says.....
SHERIFF
Hmm...I figured that I be a farmer or some kind of craftsman.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2017, 07:09:44 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Had a gully-washer here when I was at verk yesterday.

Family is going to the state fair in Milw, today. I'm going to verk. I don't like crowds or Milw.

'Tis 56 and overcast. "Cooler. Cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning  then showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 07:43:24 am »

Even after duel with Boss... it said Sherriff.  I don't know who is doing the bckground checks..

This thread is drifting? Coffinmaker you been around awhile, this thread has always drifted. 

Doctor says I can go back to work- avoiding Dusty enviroments and no lifting over 40 pounds.
Might have to loose some stuff on duty belt.  Speaking of i need to tighten it up.

Enjoy the day pards-

Glen i was driving when you called yesterdy.

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2017, 08:24:06 am »

Ale? What about Kaluah?  A delightful blend of rum and coffee, I drink it by the mugful. Make it myself with fresh roasted Kenyan AAA bean, Kona if I can get it, and 120% Rum.

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 09:18:47 am »

Tokyo Drift...speaking of a hot girl... "moshi moshi".  Grin   hello TOKYO !
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2017, 07:57:37 pm »

Sheriff

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2017, 06:59:58 am »

Another day living the dream

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2017, 07:07:34 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 53 and raining. "Breezy. Mostly cloudy. Numerous showers in the morning  then a chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Northwest wind 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2017, 07:10:35 am »

Thread drift! Hah! Thread drift is what this thread is all about!

Had a good "workout" after work. Playing RotoRooter. Had to dig up a section of sewer pipe, cut a "cleanout" hole, and drag out a bunch of roots. Will have to dig some more later and replace a section, it's partially collapsed where it goes under the foundation. It's the black fiber kind of pipe they used to use 50-75 years ago before they invented PVC.

Don't envy you - have hand dug several that way. Never easy.

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2017, 07:18:49 am »

Over the past week i have lost 4 hens and my last duck. Who i used to gather the flock in.  I suspected stray dogs. Yesterday Suzanne was in her office and yelled and ran to closet and grabbed her shotgun. About that time one of our german shepards was on the deck and got wind. Went ton the chase. I followed our the the door. She seen a coyote trailing up hill from the pasture. She shot but he was able to get in the woods away with his meal. I went gathered up the hens and placed them back in to hen house.  Will have to keep them in for a while. Flock number 2 seems un affected by this.  I'd set a trap but don't want to catch our own dogs.

Joshua 1.9

Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2017, 12:34:35 pm »

Some Lustrum ago, learned to hate Coyotes.  Made a good bit of change shooting them in Montana.  Made a good bit of change selling the pelts as well.  Never new what the hide buyers wanted Coyote hides for.  While in Europe, saw some real fine and real expensive fur coats.  Yep.  You guessed it ..... Coyote.

Even starting to become infested with the critters here in Pennsytuckey.  Too close to neighborhoods and homes to shoot.
El Peludo
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2017, 02:07:46 pm »

G'mornin' Gents, and Ladies, if there be any about.  Got my first cuppajoe in, more better, now.

Drifting threads??  This is called "Tall Tales", yanno; need to broaden your view.

Coffee - Ale - Kahlua; now, that's drifting, even if in a moderately straight line.  Did'ja ever make your own Kahlua?  We did it once; involved vodka, instant coffee, and sugar, and maybe somethin' else, but I can't remember, it was a long time ago.  We made about three or four "fifths" of the stuff, and set it in to age, and after we opened the first one a few months later, we forgot about the rest of it.  When we sold out and moved some fifteen or so years later, we dug the bottles out from the back of the pantry.  Opened one up to see what had happened to it, and found a very nice, mellow liqueur, pretty good stuff, didn't give us any bad reactions or such, so we gave one to each of the kids, and took the other one with us to the mountains, and used it up making "toddies" for winter warming. All in all, not a bad experience, over a period of about 25 years.

Speaking of 25 years, we're going to SoCal this weekend to help celebrate our oldest son and daughter-in-laws 25 year anniversary.  Looking back, I sometimes wonder how we survived that day so well, but having kids with that kind of stick-to-it makes me believe it was worth the strain; they are successful, stable, good neighbor kind of folks, and have given us some grands that make our heads swell up with pride quite often.  Can't ask for more than that.

Later.

El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2017, 02:30:53 pm »

@El Peludo- I always make my own Kahlua, but only using fresh brewed coffee and brown sugar. You need to be sure you use a high proof alcohol, otherwise it ferments and goes bad... found that out the hard way. I use rum, because that is what Kahlua uses, and I figger that's good enough for me.

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 07:33:32 pm »

I've been known to lift a window a few inches and shoot coyotes from there. Scoped .308 does them in pretty good. At one time the ex worked at a hatchery, and was always bringing home "extras" to the point we had a couple hundred assorted chickens roaming around. I suspect the farms for miles around were without coyotes, because they were all here!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2017, 07:47:17 am »

I can get away with a pistol shot on most if the place a shotgun is still the safest way here. Using a rifle is too risky with the Highway kn front boundry and the interstate on the rear boundry and a neighbor a short distance  thru the woods. They also have chickens and are on the watch now.  

I guess i can start the brew...

Joshua 1.9

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2017, 09:26:16 am »

That's not a problem on my farm, nearest neighbor is a little over 1/4 mile, but a large hill (That's MY hill) between us. No highways within less than artillery distance.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2017, 10:12:29 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Changing the oil in the Beast. Trimming a horse's hooves. Neighbor girl's wedding this afternoon.

'Tis 67 and sunny. "Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent."

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2017, 01:33:33 pm »

Afternoon ladies and germs.  Roll Eyes  And I will take some of that coffee, and tea too. 

Today is my weekend.  Worked a 65 hour week, so I'm enjoying lazing around with the dog so far.  Back at it Sunday and Monday, then off until Friday.  My schedule changed again so I'm working Friday to Monday, starting next pay period, which is tomorrow. 

County Fair is this week, so I'll be hanging around there on my days off.  They have a lookout tower exhibit there that is identical to one of my towers, so I'll probably spend time there explaining things.  Might even convince my boss to pay me for it.  Roll Eyes  My brother has some rabbits that he's auctioning, so we'll see how that goes.

And to answer PE's question from last month's thread, yes my towers have beds.  I will be making use of them.  They also have refrigerators, and cooking ranges with ovens.  Also, one does actually have Wi-Fi, and both have Verizon 4G.  I'm planning on making a video about it, so when I get that done up I'll post a link so you can see.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2017, 03:50:46 pm »

A quick google search didn't turn up any inside pictures of the ones used in MO, but the most common ones appear to be 7'X7' dimensions, on top of a 100' tower. Not a lot of room in there. Back when they actually were using them, they often had a small house or cabin below for the lookout to live in.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2017, 06:14:00 pm »

A quick google search didn't turn up any inside pictures of the ones used in MO, but the most common ones appear to be 7'X7' dimensions, on top of a 100' tower. Not a lot of room in there. Back when they actually were using them, they often had a small house or cabin below for the lookout to live in.
100 feet? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
I have the tallest in the county, and it's only 55 at the top of the roof.  The other is only 15.  Roll Eyes  And both are 20'x20'.  Comfortable enough for 2 people to hang out in.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2017, 10:52:44 pm »

100 feet? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
I have the tallest in the county, and it's only 55 at the top of the roof.  The other is only 15.  Roll Eyes  And both are 20'x20'.  Comfortable enough for 2 people to hang out in.

--TK

Well, we don't have as high mountains as you have to put them on top of. First 50 or so feet just gets them above the tree tops. Most who talk of climbing them talk about the wind "up there". Probably about like being on top of a mast of a sailing ship!
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.jqEGvvaismU-PvhN6fVBfwDIEs&pid=15.1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: all august for the majestic dignity of COFFEE « previous next »
Jump to: