Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 06:11:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: all august for the majestic dignity of COFFEE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: all august for the majestic dignity of COFFEE  (Read 9418 times)
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2017, 03:55:00 am »

Don't trade the G17 for one.. Grin

Coffee is up for the early birds... i get off in a few hours then back again at 1900.  No residual rain yet.

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2017, 04:46:10 am »

Coffee is started.  It rained all night...and I mean it rained.  Thunder and lightening too...still going.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2017, 04:50:25 am »

Coffee is up for the early birds... i get off in a few hours then back again at 1900.  No residual rain yet.
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2017, 05:06:00 am »

Thank you both, for the Jo...

no trade , probably would not have bought one , but if Glock was gonna give me one anyway...
it was a Gen.4  improvements in the ergonomics (feel in my hand ) over the Gen. 3 are night & day. I wasn't planning CCW so
the G17 was my choice .... just liked the full length grip over the G19 ...then there is the 17 rounds.
Still like the 1911 though, and if push came to shove one or the other ....  I suppose the 1911 , I'm a steel & wood kinda guy.

for CCW,  I've a S&W Mod. 36 w/ Critical Defense I go to every time.  Glock for foul weather belt field carry , or the 1911 otherwise. 

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2017, 06:14:25 am »

I recently found a source for speedloaders for my Ruger SP 101, i am looking for a good retention holster now.  I am going to range this week. If i can hit anything with it. I think i will start carrying it.

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2017, 12:30:54 pm »

Afternoon y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Rained early this morn. At least 1".

I looked at the Sig P238 at one time. Nice little gun.
The local gun shop has a Baby Rock that is tempting me. But, I am still paying off the Ruger SP101. I am looking at speed strips instead of speedloaders, because the speedloader for my S&W mod 10 isn't very speedy.
Litl Rooster, are you looking for a IWB or OWB holster?

'Tis 65 and overcast. "Cloudy. A chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning  then showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. "

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2017, 07:30:04 pm »

Afternoon y'all.

I looked at the Sig P238 at one time. Nice little gun.
The local gun shop has a Baby Rock that is tempting me. But, I am still paying off the Ruger SP101. I am looking at speed strips instead of speedloaders, because the speedloader for my S&W mod 10 isn't very speedy.
Litl Rooster, are you looking for a IWB or OWB holster?

Slim

Arcey got me using "Mashers" for my mod 10 with his OFSDAR stages. They are fast even for me.
The Comp III TYPE here.  http://www.pistoleer.com/safariland/speedloaders/#CLIP

I have been looking at both inter waist band and outer waist band. I really like a leather belt type holster but they seem to print more. I was eyeing a iwb like this last evening.   http://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-sp101-2-25-inch-cloak-tuck-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIipfBzdX41QIVQjaBCh12UwreEAQYAiABEgK6BPD_BwE     This a tshirt or shirt can be tucked around.   Suzanne uses one similur for her P239, She likes it.   However I am still undecided.

A baby Rock Island might be good one to have.

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2017, 07:50:37 pm »

Back to work tonight. We have a funeral for a church family member, John, tomorrow at noon. John 83 was wounded twice in Korea and awarded Purple Hearts both times. He was a good husband and  Christian man and glad I was able to be his friend this past few years.  Please pray for his wife Sara.

Joshua 1.9

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2017, 04:10:04 am »

Back to work tonight. We have a funeral for a church family member, John, tomorrow at noon. John 83 was wounded twice in Korea and awarded Purple Hearts both times. He was a good husband and  Christian man and glad I was able to be his friend this past few years.  Please pray for his wife Sara.

Done, and safe journey across the river for John  Sad  rest well good & faithful servant, patriot, and friend.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2017, 07:07:35 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Arcey got me using "Mashers" for my mod 10 with his OFSDAR stages. They are fast even for me.
The Comp III TYPE here.  http://www.pistoleer.com/safariland/speedloaders/#CLIP

I have been looking at both inter waist band and outer waist band. I really like a leather belt type holster but they seem to print more. I was eyeing a iwb like this last evening.   http://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-sp101-2-25-inch-cloak-tuck-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIipfBzdX41QIVQjaBCh12UwreEAQYAiABEgK6BPD_BwE     This a tshirt or shirt can be tucked around.   Suzanne uses one similur for her P239, She likes it.   However I am still undecided.

A baby Rock Island might be good one to have.
Thanks for the info.

I'll be praying for Sara.

'Tis 62, overcast and humid. "Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Areas of dense fog reducing visibilities to less than 1/4 mile at times in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable wind. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2017, 07:54:22 am »

Prayers sent for Sara, and friends and family.
Rain has pretty much passed us.  The storm of the aftermath and clean-up now begin.
Off work today, as the plant is running on a skeleton crew (hurricane ride out policy).
The gym is closed, too....I'm bored.  My go for a walk and get wet shoes. Tongue

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2017, 11:11:37 am »

Morning all.

Supposed to be another warm one today.  forecast at 105.  I'm going to try and get the dog for a good walk before it gets that hot.

I haven't been called to work today, so I'm still off until tomorrow.   Roll Eyes  I was informed that fire season is slated to extend through October, unless we get a "season ending rain event."  I.e., .5 inches in one storm.  I told my supervisor that Texas had plenty to go around, but I'm still working.  Oh well.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2017, 05:53:45 pm »

Prayers sent for Sara, and friends and family.
Rain has pretty much passed us.  The storm of the aftermath and clean-up now begin.
Off work today, as the plant is running on a skeleton crew (hurricane ride out policy).
The gym is closed, too....I'm bored.  My go for a walk and get wet shoes. Tongue

The news here is showing a mess there. My heart goes out to the people effected. Franklin Graham reported on FB that Samaritans Purse has trucks with supplies ready to roll.  A donation was made to them today. The holster can wait.

Joshua 1.9

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2017, 07:28:58 pm »

It is still raining here.  I mistakenly thought the storm had passed.  My favorite wife, her children and mine in the area are safe and without damage.  Some others aren't so luck.  Some members in my SASS club have had water damage and evacuated.  Thanks to everyone for continued prayers.

Lil' Rooster...what kind of holster do you need??

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2017, 07:47:29 pm »

Had some moldy zucchini that needed to be shot. So, I pulled out the Remington Auto-loading shotgun. The 107 year old girl can still shoot.  Grin

Slim

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2017, 11:17:30 pm »

I saw that Judge Roy Bean's house is flooded,Hopefully he got anything of value out before it got too bad.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2017, 08:26:39 am »

Lil' Rooster...what kind of holster do you need??

Still un decided but one in link  above has been bookmarked.

Had some moldy zucchini that needed to be shot. So, I pulled out the Remington Auto-loading shotgun. The 107 year old girl can still shoot.  Grin

Slim

You can't be too cautious when it comes to moldy zuccinis  Grin   Is the auto loader the one known as the widow maker?

I saw that Judge Roy Bean's house is flooded,Hopefully he got anything of value out before it got too bad.

You are referring to the SASS Roy Bean. Not the imfamous Judge on the Pecsos? I hope he and his family are safe.

Coffee is up!

Joshua 1.9

Major E A Sterner
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2017, 08:47:20 am »

Yes ,SASS #1

G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2017, 05:38:19 pm »

You can't be too cautious when it comes to moldy zuccinis  Grin   Is the auto loader the one known as the widow maker?
No, the widow maker is the 1897 Winchester with the small hammer spur.  Shocked
The Remington Auto-loading shotgun is the first auto shotgun made in the USA. It was later known as the Model 11. It is the brother of the FN made Browning Auto-5.

Slim

Major E A Sterner
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #219 on: August 29, 2017, 06:30:28 pm »

Actually the "Widowmaker" is the Marlin  1895 Pump gun, So called because there was a piece on the bolt that would break off allowing the bolt to be driven into the shooters face/eye killing them. SASS outlawed them about 20 years ago.

G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2017, 06:34:21 pm »

No, the widow maker is the 1897 Winchester with the small hammer spur.  Shocked
The Remington Auto-loading shotgun is the first auto shotgun made in the USA. It was later known as the Model 11. It is the brother of the FN made Browning Auto-5.

Slim

The one i refer to has a widow maker was semi auto. You had to push the barrel down to chamber the first round in battery.  The barrel was checkered some wheres between the end if magazine tube and muzzel for a hand grip. Many users would simple place muzzel against solid object and push the stock forward to work the action. Being the safer option than Widow Maker designed method of standing it on the butt and pushing barrel downwards and releasing. Which sometimes caused it to fire. Of course i think you were at the same match when someone slammed fired a supposely empty 1897 at the end of match.  I am sure Trinity and Sod Buster were there.  Fortunately he had the muzzel pointed upwards and away from anypersons including his self.  

I just looked up the one i am referring to it is 1911 Winchester. I would load images but i have not changed to imur.

* IMG_8747.PNG (25.92 KB, 637x164 - viewed 19 times.)

* IMG_8746.PNG (36.35 KB, 640x224 - viewed 17 times.)

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #221 on: August 29, 2017, 07:05:25 pm »

What I understand, the Marlin Shotgun had all kind of issues

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2017, 09:42:12 pm »

The Morman curse on Winchester, Bennett refused to pay royalties to get the Auto-5 and has never been able to produce a really successful auto loading shotgun.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2017, 07:09:38 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 53 and fog. "Mostly sunny in the morning  then partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2017, 07:39:21 am »

Thanks for the coffee

The tropical weather is just south of us this morning.  We expect rain starting within a couple hours thru the weekend. Nothing like we seen in Texas this week. However it will be plenty. Step son is at Auburn and it has started there. We told him to come home this morning till it is over

Joshua 1.9

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: all august for the majestic dignity of COFFEE « previous next »
Jump to: