Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 11:09:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Darksider's Den (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Major 2, Capt Quirk)  |  Topic: Goex vs Pyrodex part deux 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goex vs Pyrodex part deux  (Read 2009 times)
greyhawk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2017, 08:46:23 pm »

man oh man that seem to slide past every one...It's a joke son
I actually wear socks and shoes every day not just for church on Sunday.
At CAS range going through that extra "socking" would be a waste of time.
I like my gun powder straight from the can. Real gun powder that is. No subs for Bunk.
Bunk
Hey Bunk
Ya almost had me there for a bit - the sock thing didnt make sense - ladies stocking might have - I drag me feet a bit - kinda had this mental picture of that sock detonating from the sparks off me hobnail boots .......... wonder what the trajectory would be like on that .Huh 
hellgate
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2017, 09:24:29 pm »

I kinda miss not seeing the 5FA. I remember buying 50 lbs of it for the shotgun & revolvers. From the Goex website it was the same screening as FFFg just not graphited. I had heard it was a little quicker powder. Can you still buy it anywhere?

"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992
greyhawk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2017, 08:50:48 am »

I kinda miss not seeing the 5FA. I remember buying 50 lbs of it for the shotgun & revolvers. From the Goex website it was the same screening as FFFg just not graphited. I had heard it was a little quicker powder. Can you still buy it anywhere?

Friend of mine chronoed a lot of loads - he said 5FA at least 10% qicker than FFFg - he used to buy 50lb and we'd split it. I built a good stash over time - still regret the stuff I sold on to other fellers - we screened some and got a little FFFFg out - mainly I think the ungaphited helped it - we dont see GOEX of any sort in Aus any more - used to get it from Howard and sons (pyrotechnics mob) they had a blowup at their plant round about the same time GOEX blew up at Moosic Pa - by time they got back on track they decided to switch to Chinese powder - proly a lot cheaper and its way closer for freight - the chinese stuff was good at the start - later stuff was dirty in the bore - we only see swiss and wano as commercial rifle powder now - wano looks nice in the can, shoots consistent but its slow compared to goex.   
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2017, 04:51:24 pm »

Greyhawk .....

HA!!  You just thought it was for free  Roll Eyes.  Me-n-Pettifogger are still figuring up our bills.  Gotta include long (really long) distance charges,  Special handling (keep it from floating off down under), Special double charge for a Harmonious outcome and of course there is the ubiquitous discount for the free unsolicited testimonial from the recipient. 

Since I can add 2 and 2, come up with 5, seven out of 9 tries, it may take me a while.  Rest assured though, I are working on it.  Just don't wait around for it.  Like I said, with my math and figuring in discounts and all, it'll take a while.  Roll Eyes

Coffinmaker  Grin
greyhawk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2017, 08:36:10 pm »

Greyhawk .....

HA!!  You just thought it was for free  Roll Eyes.  Me-n-Pettifogger are still figuring up our bills.  Gotta include long (really long) distance charges,  Special handling (keep it from floating off down under), Special double charge for a Harmonious outcome and of course there is the ubiquitous discount for the free unsolicited testimonial from the recipient. 

Since I can add 2 and 2, come up with 5, seven out of 9 tries, it may take me a while.  Rest assured though, I are working on it.  Just don't wait around for it.  Like I said, with my math and figuring in discounts and all, it'll take a while.  Roll Eyes

Coffinmaker  Grin

Well old son !! good luck with your devious dollar scheme - youse ll have ta com n get it -- see ya shouldna told me how ta do it -- the horse has bolted mate! - now when you come ashore from yr leaky lil boat with yr powder half wet I can plink yous from afar with that nasty ole walker rested over a log like uncle Sam meant it - an ifn one of yr pards survives that, I got me that bullseye shootin army colt to git im with before he gits close enough to spray me with his slicked up cowboy gun that only hits big things up close. On tother hand IF ya act frenly ...... fires goin ......coffees on ..........

ps the walker (CVA branded) is an Army San Marco - we found the box - sent here from the US by M S S Company , New Market Tennessee. - Back when we could still do stuff like that. ! 
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 04:52:07 am »

Never tried socking powder for cartridge guns. Used to do it all the time for front stuffers shooting long range.
wM1

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Darksider's Den (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Major 2, Capt Quirk)  |  Topic: Goex vs Pyrodex part deux « previous next »
Jump to: