Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2017, 07:10:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: NWMP Mountie Portrayal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NWMP Mountie Portrayal  (Read 4323 times)
Buffalo Creek Law Dog
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2017, 02:17:11 pm »

Thank you so much for all the details.  Well even though this one does not date to frontier times, it still does in my story and I really like it.  It is a beautiful little pin.  Took a pic of mine:

That's the post 1954 version.  The Queen's crown has the dip on the top center and the King's crown has a rounded top . Judging by the size of the button hole in comparison, it looks like what we call a collar dog as opposed to a lapel pin.  They have three styles of lapel pins that I am aware of, one is a member on a horse (same one that is on Sgt Klondikes business card) plus a small replica of their police badge along with their shoulder patch all in lapel pin size.  The collar dogs are worn on the lapels of the tunic or on the collar of the red serge tunic as per Sgt Klondikes photos.

SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2017, 05:08:04 pm »

Gotcha.  I was trying to figure out what you were calling a button hole, it is actually just a seam that shows up in the pic, but what shows up is about the size of a button hole  Smiley .  The pin is 1.26" tall.

Thanks again for all the detail!

BTW, I know nothing more about Mounties than from the movies and such, but I must say to Sgt. Klondike that everything you are putting together looks outstanding!

One last thing, I was happy to see on the back that it is made in Canada, not China  Grin

Sergeant Klondike
Texas Territorial Detachment
Top Active Citizen

NRA Life Member, SASS 11461

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2017, 04:59:15 pm »

Finally had time today to finish the gun cart.   Added the wooden boxes, steel runners and long gun rack.   It was a fun project, but I'm glad it's finished.

"Law and Order Every Time That's Us" - Turkey Creek Jack Johnson, Tombstone Territory
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2017, 05:12:41 pm »

Very nice, Sarge!  How does it slide with the weight on it?  It doesn't look like you added wheels to the runners.

Now all you need is that NWMP carbine!

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573
Sergeant Klondike
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2017, 05:31:57 pm »

Very nice, Sarge!  How does it slide with the weight on it?  It doesn't look like you added wheels to the runners.

Now all you need is that NWMP carbine!

CC Griff

Thanks,  It has a tad more resistance, but not enough to make it uncomfortable to pull.   I'll field test it a few times, then decide about the wheels. 

"Law and Order Every Time That's Us" - Turkey Creek Jack Johnson, Tombstone Territory
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2017, 06:24:02 pm »

A very neat rig there Sgt Klondike. I like it a lot but I see wheels in your future. I was wondering how you planned to stow your long guns on it. My only issue (and with not being currently active in SASS, NCOWS or GAF officially run matches) would be your closed double. The last that I knew long gun actions had to be open except when preparing to shoot or shooting. In a guncart or carrying actions were to be open. Now I might be wrong and I'm sure that others will chime in if I am. Looks real good. Hopefully I wil have my uniform together soon.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Sergeant Klondike
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2017, 07:17:06 pm »

A very neat rig there Sgt Klondike. I like it a lot but I see wheels in your future. I was wondering how you planned to stow your long guns on it. My only issue (and with not being currently active in SASS, NCOWS or GAF officially run matches) would be your closed double. The last that I knew long gun actions had to be open when except when preparing to shoot or shooting. In a guncart or carrying actions were to be open. Now I might be wrong and I'm sure that others will chime in if I am. Looks real good. Hopefully I wil have my uniform together soon.

Thanks, Ed!   The rifle actions and coach gun can open on the cart.  I just didn't open them for the photo.   Did you take your Red Serge to the seamstress this week?

Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2017, 11:36:05 pm »

My first choice  cleaners/seamstress wouldn't do my button holes but I found another who might. I will carry it to her later this week. She can do the sleeve insignia though. She was knee deep in Marine dress uniforms for the upcoming balls this month.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2017, 10:24:08 am »

This sort of memorabilia turns up at gun shows on a regular basis. My ex-wife was a civilian employee of the rcmp for years and had a lot of it she gave away as gifts.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: NWMP Mountie Portrayal « previous next »
Jump to: