Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 01:28:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: ASM? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ASM?  (Read 419 times)
willy
Top Active Citizen

« on: July 23, 2017, 11:13:13 am »

I have a chance to buy an ASM  5 1/2" barrel SAA with the black powder frame,,It looks like new...My question is how do the ASM cartridge guns compare with   Uberti ?,,I have a couple 1860 Army ASM cap and ball revolvers,,, and they are not close to the quality of my Uberti 1851 Navy,,,Was wondering if the cartridge guns were any different?
Pettifogger
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 12:50:33 pm »

The problem with ASM (which has been out of business for many years) was inconsistent quality control.  If you are familiar with Colt style single actions about all you can do is check fit, finish, and mechanical function very closely.  If you cannot do this inspection yourself find someone who can or pass on the deal.
willy
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 04:48:13 pm »

That's my problem,,It is a mail order  ,,picture is all I can get,,, Angry
greyhawk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 06:11:58 pm »

That's my problem,,It is a mail order  ,,picture is all I can get,,, Angry

Willy  I would grab it - because I had two really good ASM guns - maybe I got lucky - and have to say I didnt have the second one long enough to see how it would wear (a 44/40 colt SAA copy - had brass gripframe - fit and finish of that gun was first class and it was a good reliable shooter with smokeless and black loads - maybe had two thousand through it) I lost this one to howards buy back program -- tother is "one of those" - 1851 navy cap gun in 44 - if you luck onto an ASM as good as that one -- mate you will think you won the lottery ----- I guess -- is the price worth the punt? 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: ASM? « previous next »
Jump to: