Author Topic: IMA has an original French 1915 uniform for sale  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Bat 2919

• G Man / Bat Masterson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Sand Creek Raiders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
IMA has an original French 1915 uniform for sale
« on: July 15, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »
Now I'm not suggesting anyone would want to pay $750 to wear this uniform to shoot in. As a matter of fact I can't imagine why any one would even want a copy of a Frog uniform (just had to get that dig in.)  This add has some great photos of the blouse from just about every angle, and a not so great photo of the breeches.  I would be willing to bet Leta (Coon Creek) could make this uniform with just the photos as an example.

http://www.ima-usa.com/original-french-wwi-pattern-1915-horizon-blue-72nd-infantry-division-uniform.html?trk_msg=88KG1SJV8CI4HCKCCI5R7VL7BO&trk_contact=6EJ5NRGQIMV1SSVNVA58085SDK&trk_sid=ND4VM57QUPTAIIO1129I6ALCCK&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Product&utm_campaign=20170714&utm_content=20170714
Happy Trails

G Man / Bat Masterson
NRA Endowment
SASS #2919L
AZSA #11L
NCOWS #530
BOLD# 276
GAF #750

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: IMA has an original French 1915 uniform for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 05:24:37 PM »
Looks like it already sold, "out of stock"

Offline Cowtown Scout

• Top Active Citizen
  • TEXAS By GOD
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 06:19:34 PM »
Now I'm not suggesting anyone would want to pay $750 to wear this uniform to shoot in. As a matter of fact I can't imagine why any one would even want a copy of a Frog uniform (just had to get that dig in.)  This add has some great photos of the blouse from just about every angle, and a not so great photo of the breeches.  I would be willing to bet Leta (Coon Creek) could make this uniform with just the photos as an example.

http://www.ima-usa.com/original-french-wwi-pattern-1915-horizon-blue-72nd-infantry-division-uniform.html?trk_msg=88KG1SJV8CI4HCKCCI5R7VL7BO&trk_contact=6EJ5NRGQIMV1SSVNVA58085SDK&trk_sid=ND4VM57QUPTAIIO1129I6ALCCK&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Product&utm_campaign=20170714&utm_content=20170714

I know Leta could make it from those photos, she very talented.
GAF #510, STORM #98, GOFWG #126, SSS #211, SBSS #1713, CVV
Life Member: SASS, LSA, ORA, Whittington Center, LSFSC, Founders Club (Gold)
Benefactor Member: NRA and TSRA, Past President TSRA

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:41:11 AM »

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 01:14:45 AM »
Bat, why do you always have to make a smartass comment about the French?  It seems to be a theme with you.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:

Offline Bat 2919

• G Man / Bat Masterson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Sand Creek Raiders
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 10:50:53 AM »
Well, OK, please remember, you did ask.  First a bit of a disclaimer, if you're an American who happens to be of French decent I'm not talking about you, I hope I'm not anyway.  

I've had ample opportunity to observe the Frenchman in his natural habitat (you know, France) and I've never been (collectively) treated so rudely in my life.  I hate to paint a whole people with a broad brush but I've both experienced and observed this phenomenon so many times it must be a representative sample.  I have no idea what could justify the Frenchman's attitude that he is somehow superior to whom ever he happens to be belittling but it happens all the time.  At first I though this rudeness was reserved for foreigners but the more exposure I had, the more I observed one Frenchman talking down to another who he believed to be less sophisticated.  

I do have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by a French SASS shooter by the alias of "Trusty Dog" who I meet at End of Trail a few years ago.  He was clearly very intelligent and recognized he was a guest making a first impression but I also perceived him to be very genuine and not the kind of man who would treat you differently in front of his countrymen.  The exception that proves the rule?
Happy Trails

G Man / Bat Masterson
NRA Endowment
SASS #2919L
AZSA #11L
NCOWS #530
BOLD# 276
GAF #750

Offline treebeard

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 11:29:02 AM »
Not that I am a fashion expert but I like that blue color. When I visited the 45th Division museum in Oklahoma City they had a French great coat on display that was made out of blue wool. Looked like it would be excellent in cold weather. By the way it is an excellent museum with an extensive outdoor display of military vehicles.

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 05:07:15 PM »
Well, OK, please remember, you did ask.  First a bit of a disclaimer, if you're an American who happens to be of French decent I'm not talking about you, I hope I'm not anyway.  

I've had ample opportunity to observe the Frenchman in his natural habitat (you know, France) and I've never been (collectively) treated so rudely in my life.  I hate to paint a whole people with a broad brush but I've both experienced and observed this phenomenon so many times it must be a representative sample.  I have no idea what could justify the Frenchman's attitude that he is somehow superior to whom ever he happens to be belittling but it happens all the time.  At first I though this rudeness was reserved for foreigners but the more exposure I had, the more I observed one Frenchman talking down to another who he believed to be less sophisticated.  

I do have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by a French SASS shooter by the alias of "Trusty Dog" who I meet at End of Trail a few years ago.  He was clearly very intelligent and recognized he was a guest making a first impression but I also perceived him to be very genuine and not the kind of man who would treat you differently in front of his countrymen.  The exception that proves the rule?

Been to France seven times, never met anyone more rude than I have met in the States. I've been treated with nothing but respect and kindness on many occasions in France and especially when I have shown an interest in history of France. 

I also have good friends who are French and there are several members of this forum who are French. I just find your consistent badgering to be rude, just as you described about your experience.

Offline Bat 2919

• G Man / Bat Masterson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Sand Creek Raiders
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 10:41:07 PM »
The Grenadier doth protest too much, methinks.
Happy Trails

G Man / Bat Masterson
NRA Endowment
SASS #2919L
AZSA #11L
NCOWS #530
BOLD# 276
GAF #750

Offline Bat 2919

• G Man / Bat Masterson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Sand Creek Raiders
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 10:52:36 PM »
The Grenadier doth protest too much, methinks.

With my apologies to the Bard.
Happy Trails

G Man / Bat Masterson
NRA Endowment
SASS #2919L
AZSA #11L
NCOWS #530
BOLD# 276
GAF #750

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 08:36:51 AM »
While I found folks in Paris to be on the rude side, I had nothing but pleasant experiences in Normandy, Versailles, and Alsace-Lorraine. I would happily return to those areas, just need to work on my French. Just my 2 cents.

As for the uniform, I like the blue. Not terribly practicable for a modern battlefield, but it's good from an aesthetic point of view.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 12:02:51 PM »
I enjoyed France for the most part.  They really warm up if you make an attempt to speak the language.  But even the French will tell you the average Parisian thinks his excrement does not emit odor.  (They speak of Paris as some odd, alien entity.  Like Washington DC)  C'est la vie.

Now the Arabs, on the other hand . . .

Ennybody seen a good Italian uniform for sale?
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com