Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2017, 02:55:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Lyman No. 2 Tang Sight 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lyman No. 2 Tang Sight  (Read 581 times)
Roundsworth
Citizen

« on: July 05, 2017, 06:35:45 am »

Hi Everybody!
I was wondering if the new-made Lyman tang sight for the Uberti 1873 fits the Uberti 1876? I inquired with Lyman, and was told that they did not make a specific sight for the 1876, but, that the 1873 version may work. My 1876 utilizes the tang screw aft and a regular (#10?) screw forward for sight mounting. Thank you!

GMC(SW) - USN, Retired
King Medallion
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 08:02:54 am »

I would doubt it would fit. 76 is quite a bit bigger than the 73.
Roundsworth
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 12:38:13 pm »

I purchased an MVA #130 sight and base. I have used the same sight on a few rifles and really like them. They are well worth the cost.

GMC(SW) - USN, Retired
Buck Stinson
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 08:24:23 pm »

If Uberti stayed true to the original Winchesters, the screw hole spacing is the same on the 73 and 76.  You might have a problem with the staff being too short.
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:45:23 pm »

The style of this one is different, but Cimarron does sell their Tom Horn sight separately:

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/1876-tom-horn-tang-sight.html

jthbjr
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 12:08:09 pm »

I have an original Lyman tang sight on a 76. The letter code is "I" stamped on the bottom. The base is the same as for an 1894. The stem is tall. Like an 86. It uses a tang screw replacement and a short front screw. The front screw is the same as all Winchester tangs. I used an original Lyman tang replacement screw  for an 86 on the rear. The hole spacing seems to be the same on all Winchester lever guns. The height of the stem and the front to back location is the variable. The 76 stem is set forward like a 94 or 92. But height like an 86. Hope this helps.No one seems to make a proper sight. The "I" marked sights are seldom seen.
Jthbjr in beautiful Art, Tx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Lyman No. 2 Tang Sight « previous next »
Jump to: