Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 05:28:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: 1/2 past the Year, July Coffee is here 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/2 past the Year, July Coffee is here  (Read 7719 times)
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2017, 07:17:54 pm »

Pedro sez, "Chili today, Hot Tamale".
 Grin

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2017, 12:29:46 am »

Buncha wimps.    Roll Eyes   

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Good Troy
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2017, 04:49:24 am »

Coffee is hot.  Go on and get you some.

Up before the alarm clock, typical of my days off work.  May reload some 45 S&W this morning.  Going to a match tomorrow...either at Willow Hole or Berger, and then to Dallas to visit my favorite wife's friend.

Forecast is hi in low 90's and afternoon thunderstorms.  Typical for this time of year.

Be safe partners.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2017, 05:28:01 am »

Still in hospital...Sad not a happy cowboy.  Del sorry i missed you yesterday had my ringer off while on charge.  Ringer is akways off but i usualy am close by

Could not say what weather is like and i have had no coffee yet.  Refer to not a happy cowboy Sad

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2017, 07:01:32 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 58 and overcast. High of 72.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2017, 08:25:12 am »

Thinking good thought & best wishes, Roo  Smiley

look on the bright side ...3 squares , free Soap opera's & the View !  Grin  nothing like a daily dose of Whoopee Goldberg to lift one spirits.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2017, 08:30:36 am »

Thinking good thought & best wishes, Roo  Smiley

look on the bright side ...3 squares , free Soap opera's & the View !  Grin  nothing like a daily dose of Whoopee Goldberg to lift one spirits.

I'd rather tend the <spit!> sheep <spit!> wagon. ... but you do realize i could get all if that at a Hampton Inn for 200 a day not 2000.....

Next on todays agenda more xrays.

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2017, 10:23:53 am »

I'd rather tend the <spit!> sheep <spit!> wagon. ... but you do realize i could get all if that at a Hampton Inn for 200 a day not 2000.....

Next on todays agenda more xrays.

You do realize, that $200 a night doesn't get you a sexy nurse catering to you, sponge baths, or enemas... Roll Eyes

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2017, 02:50:46 pm »

You do realize, that $200 a night doesn't get you a sexy nurse catering to you, sponge baths, or enemas... Roll Eyes
I laughed at that loudly enough that the cat thinks I'm crazy.  Roll Eyes

Afternoon all.

Dog is at the vet getting her stitches out after two weeks.  She had been so restless since she got the stitches, since we've only been able to walk a little.  Wednesday was the longest walk we've had in the past two weeks, and it was a mile.  Usually we do 3-10 miles. Undecided

Weather is still hot, though we're supposed to go below 100 next week.  The weekend is still forecast for 110.  Shocked 

I'm thinking of going to the range tomorrow morning.  I was "issued" a box of 9mm for SAR( i.e the Sheriff's Office doesn't use 9mm anymore), so I was going to burn through that, as well as break in my new rifle.  We are getting close to deer season, after all.  Roll Eyes

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2017, 08:10:22 am »

It's. Extra $50. At Hampton  Grin

Still here may have an infection going waiting on labs

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2017, 09:43:52 am »

It's. Extra $50. At Hampton  Grin
I told my nurse wife what I said, and she responded that"For that $2,000 a night, you certainly aren't going to get an attentive nurse to do all that with a smile". I told her that for $2,000 a night, I most certainly could get all that, with a smile, and she'd even wear a cap and white stockings. Funny thing is, I married a nurse, and still can't get any of that  Roll Eyes

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2017, 09:52:05 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

'Tis 70 and sunny. "Mostly sunny. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 80s. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2017, 11:12:15 am »

Taking a break from mowing hoary alysum. Bad for horses.

Slim

El Peludo
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2017, 02:43:27 pm »

Pedro sez, "Chili today, Hot Tamale".
 Grin

Here in Lost Wages, it's h
HOT today, and HOTTER tamale.  Been running in the hun-teens of late.

I'm thinkin' 'bout ya', LilRooster, making smoke, praying for recovery and better days ahead.  I hate being in the hospital.

El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2017, 03:08:35 pm »

Afternoon all.

Burned half a box of 280 today.  Got the barrel broken in the new rifle.  Didn't take the 9mm, since we've been placed in a "high fire probability advisory."  In other words, It's 110 with a 10mph constant wind that gusts above 20.  On the off chance that a bullet bounced a piece of steel off a flint and the spark caught, the fire would be 1000 acres before a fire truck could get there (That's basically what happened in 2006, though it was a 5.56mm steel core bullet).  So I figured that the fewer bullets I threw down range, the less likely there will be a fire.  Every little bit helps, right?

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2017, 08:19:26 am »

Morning y'all.

Systems outage day, so I'm headed off to verk in a bit.

Had a t'storm last night.

'Tis 65 and overcast. High of 74.

Slim

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2017, 08:40:43 am »

Well, it's early, no coffee yet, and I'm in a stormy mood. Dang dogs woke me at 2ish. One of them broke their choker, and he was going at it with one of the others. Grabbing my flashlight, out the door in boxers and no shoes, and my inside dog slips out with me. So now he's tangled up with the first dog. Last time I broke up 2 dogs, I almost lost the tip of a finger and had my face torn open. I was able to break them up this time, without any bloodshed... from me. And I didn't have to dig any holes. Just got another couple hours of sleep, putting me at about 6 total for the last 2 nights.

And to top it off, there is a hack/spammer running amok on this board. Where is the Law in these parts?

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2017, 09:25:06 pm »

Got home from verk 'bout 15 min ago.  Roll Eyes

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2017, 12:47:30 am »

Got home from verk 'bout 15 min ago.  Roll Eyes

Slim

Same here, snuck out a few minutes early, first time in several weeks I got off on time.  29.88 hours since the Friday, got probally a 12 hour one tomorrow and 10 on Wed. 

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2017, 05:32:25 am »

Where's the coffee in fact wheres the fire... need a new coosie and hooodlum around here...

Starting day 6 here. Hope this is the last one.

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2017, 07:00:18 am »

Morning y'all.

'Tis 52 and sunny. High of 76.

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2017, 10:21:21 am »

Still got a "blev" waiting for doctors

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2017, 12:11:23 pm »

Morning all.

We're headed to another hot one today.  Still.

I got a new coffee pot yesterday.  An enameled 18oz pot, so I'm having to season it.  But, first cup of "cowboy" coffee came out pretty good.  I got it for when I'm out on the mountains, since I'll have a propane stove to cook with.   Roll Eyes

--TK

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2017, 02:49:17 pm »

Tube pulled should go home in a couple hours.

Joshua 1.9

Good Troy
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2017, 02:53:14 pm »

Great to hear!  Follow the Doc's orders, and hopefully you'll heal up just like new!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: 1/2 past the Year, July Coffee is here « previous next »
Jump to: