Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 03:41:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: 1/2 past the Year, July Coffee is here 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/2 past the Year, July Coffee is here  (Read 9454 times)
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2017, 07:23:25 am »

Morning all.

Stupid kitten woke me up 45 minutes early. Angry  The thing hasn't figured out that closed doors mean he's not wanted, so he just sits there and meows.

First day up at a lookout tower today.  I have to leave town by 9:30, and then go up there and sit around doing nothing for the next 9 hours.  Yay.  At least I'm getting paid.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2017, 07:48:29 am »

Watch out for that okra, that nasty stuff will kill ya Wink

Well, we had a couple days where the storms come up fast and hard... lots a wind and rain. On the plus side, after it was done last night, we had a clear sky, mild breeze, and it was in the lower 70's inside. Beautiful sleeping weather... and I just couldn't get to sleep! A couple of episodes of Boardwalk Empire (With commentary), and I finally went to sleep about 3 or 4ish.

The main genny died yesterday. Normally they just blow up, but this one decided it wanted to live, it just didn't want to provide any electric. So I ended up bringing the little shop genny over for the cabin, since it used to be the back up before I moved shop into the shed. Beautiful thing about Harbor Freight warranties, work that genny like a dog for a year, trade it in when it dies. Now, y'all can say what you want about Harbor Freight stuff being junk, but we work a genny 10-18 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2017, 05:58:38 am »

I might have mentioned to the camp some time back ....I won a GLOCK  Undecided

It was April 10, at the range I had volunteered to RO " Ladies Day " It's an open event to ladies only to try the different disciplines
offered.  It has been a yearly thing extremely well attended some 300 women sign up for all over the State, some never have shot before.
I man the Western action stage , and 129 women tried that venue....

The event is rather well sponsored, as I mentioned GLOCK , Kel-Tec, High Standard, Midway, Mossberg , Hoppe's to name some...

Anyway, GLOCK offered 2 Pistols in a Random Drawing , one for Volunteers & and one for attendees ...

My number was chosen  Shocked  So I receive a voucher for a GLOCK....my choice any Caliber , any model,  Gen. 3 or Gen. 4

now there were some up charges ...
say Gen 3 none,  but Gen. 4  + $35.    
want Optics + $135
want  Comp. Model  + $ 235

I opted for the GLOCK 17 Gen. 4  = 9mm large frame so my out of pocket was $37.45 ( $35 + sale tax )

AS I said that was back in April.... They (GLOCK) tell you in small print on the order form ..it can take 20 weeks to receive your gun....
Reason being they don't stock AWARD GUNS cause of the varied options a winning recipient might want.

OK so 16 weeks go by, and my FFL calls ...your GLOCK is here  Cheesy  that was two days ago  Grin Grin paperwork done I walked out with my new GLOCK Tuesday ....

Never owned a Plastic gun ( well not since I was a kid ) this thing is KOOL !

* My GLOCK .jpg (73.56 KB, 631x356 - viewed 25 times.)
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2017, 06:20:27 am »

I awoke to a strange sound this morning....the sound of rain! Second rain this month,last was Jul 3, so it's needed here.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2017, 07:08:00 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

Major 2, did it come with 3 mags at no extra charge?

'Tis 60 and sunny. "Sunny in the morning  then partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 80s. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2017, 08:20:55 am »

Morning all, coffee is on, and going fast. Long day yesterday, swapping the genny. Drove an hour plus to Macon, wait and wait on the "helpful" HF staff to get around to us. When they are getting to us, they drop a bombshell- There is a $120 "restocking fee". Say WHAT??? They claim that a restocking fee may apply to all returns. In the 7 years we have been doing this, there was never a restocking fee, because the item was not going to be restocked. Well, there goes the money to get a new 1 year extended warranty with it. I argue a bit, give up, and take the new genny and leave the store.

But, it ain't over yet! I call customer service, and wait... and wait... and go around the corner to Subway for lunch while I'm waiting. Just as I get my sammich, the support guy answers the phone. He says that the new manager was wrong to charge me, and will get the District Manager on it. After eating, I go back to the store, and in my booming voice, announce that I just got off the phone. I also accuse the Manager of either being an idiot, or trying to take home my $120. I got my money back, and a new warranty.

Sometimes, the little guy wins one Smiley

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2017, 09:02:37 am »

Morning y'all.

Major 2, did it come with 3 mags at no extra charge?

'Tis 60 and sunny. "Sunny in the morning  then partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 80s. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

It does  Smiley   also has 4 inserts  w/ beaver tails  for filling out for big hands, cleaning rod & brush,  & a ez Mag. loader
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2017, 01:03:23 pm »

It does  Smiley   also has 4 inserts  w/ beaver tails  for filling out for big hands, cleaning rod & brush,  & a ez Mag. loader

I hear there is a new western movie coming out.  The story line is some 21st Century folks are transported back through time into the old west.  They have with them Glocks, AR's and assault type shotguns.  Maybe there will be a new category coming??   Wink

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2017, 02:12:16 pm »

The original Glock.  Grin

http://shop.brownells.com/emergency-survival-gear/tools/shovels/entrenching-tool-w-pouch-sku100700134-69939-150619.aspx?cm_mmc=PPC-_-Itwine-_-Google-_-100-700-134&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnubLBRC_ARIsAASsNNmauK1WG1pDyEdqHUZZ0FoXAQVxtcpTFISa4qLNh6bzMfWD5LWoJIwaAkgAEALw_wcB

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2017, 03:26:46 pm »

Yer link don't work. Angry
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2017, 05:41:22 pm »

Kewl, but it's still a plastic gun.  Roll Eyes Wink

On the way home yesterday, there were some crows in the road. All but one flew away. I straddled it so I wouldn't run it over with a tire. After I drove past where it was, I couldn't see it in my mirrors. As I was walking out of verk tonight, I saw a wing hanging down from under the Beast. It was stuck in the front suspension.  Roll Eyes

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2017, 05:43:21 pm »

Yer link don't work. Angry
It worked for me. The Portuguese government doesn't want you to buy Glock entrenching tools. Cheesy

Slim

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2017, 06:36:13 pm »

I understand....I'm a wood & steel type myself

I would not haul off and buy one ...BUT when they are gonna give me one ...well then, Momma raised no fool ....

At best it is a new toy to entertain,  at worst $500 of trading fodder ....neither is a bad thing  Smiley
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2017, 10:00:45 pm »

Here.

* untitled.JPG (116.12 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 23 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2017, 10:01:41 pm »

I understand....I'm a wood & steel type myself

I would not haul off and buy one ...BUT when they are gonna give me one ...well then, Momma raised no fool ....

At best it is a new toy to entertain,  at worst $500 of trading fodder ....neither is a bad thing  Smiley

Wish i  had it, about what a good Savage 99 brings now, could use a 308 or 300 Savage.   Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2017, 06:30:26 am »

Wish i  had it, about what a good Savage 99 brings now, could use a 308 or 300 Savage.   Grin

What dioes a regular Savage 99 bring then?

Having the Glock Shovel on your gun belt is reminance of Annie Lee and her skillet El kabong, on her gunbelt:)

Hot and humid scattered rain and more hot and humid.  Alabama summer time. May gi out for Catfish later this afternoon. Depends on heat.

Stay hydrated my friends

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #191 on: July 28, 2017, 07:04:23 am »

Morning y'all.

'Tis 55 and sunny. High of 76.

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2017, 08:04:27 am »

It does  Smiley   also has 4 inserts  w/ beaver tails  for filling out for big hands, cleaning rod & brush,  & a ez Mag. loader

I think once you run all three mags thru a couple times you will decide to keep it.  Once you disassemble and clean it a couple times you'll find it easy to maintain. Easy on the lube. Arcey showed me the trick to break down. He loved Glocks. 
I carry my G22 Gen 3 for work two extra mags and one more in door panel of  jeep.

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #193 on: July 29, 2017, 08:59:18 am »

Morning y'all.

Crop duster started a little after 0600 for two hours.  Roll Eyes

Daughter #3 has a dressage show at 1100 at the fair grounds today.

'Tis 67 and sunny. High of 76.

Slim

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #194 on: July 29, 2017, 09:31:04 am »

Roo  I never sold a gun I didn't like ....there were some though I was sorry I sold .... others not so much
I figure to keep it....
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #195 on: July 29, 2017, 11:12:17 am »

Roo  I never sold a gun I didn't like ....there were some though I was sorry I sold .... others not so much
I figure to keep it....

I traded a rifle for the Glock... i tried to talk the trader out of it, he insisted it is what he wanted. I recently traded one for a AR and i read at another forum he traded it for a Lancaster patterened rifle.  I have just out right sold some for the lack of money and trying to do the adult.
 thing.  Still got some to sell and get rid of before i go. Some i might trade.  Life us short, i haven't shot every gun
 yet

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2017, 11:25:18 am »

Morning all.

I've been on top of a mountain all week, "getting trained."  Basically, I sat on a stool and listened to the radio while watching for smoke.  Yesterday was my first solo day.  It went well enough.  There was only one smoke in my reporting zone, but my sister-tower across the valley got it called in before I did.  Roll Eyes

Today is my day off, then I'm on a six day week starting tomorrow.  Hello overtime.  Grin
I'm going to take my dog for a good long walk now.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2017, 11:28:05 am »

Slim good luck to daughter #3  Grin  hope all her lead changes are perfect

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2017, 03:50:31 pm »

Slim good luck to daughter #3  Grin  hope all her lead changes are perfect
She got 2 blues and a red.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2017, 03:54:11 pm »

Morning all.

I've been on top of a mountain all week, "getting trained."  Basically, I sat on a stool and listened to the radio while watching for smoke.  Yesterday was my first solo day.  It went well enough.  There was only one smoke in my reporting zone, but my sister-tower across the valley got it called in before I did.  Roll Eyes

Today is my day off, then I'm on a six day week starting tomorrow.  Hello overtime.  Grin
I'm going to take my dog for a good long walk now.

--TK
You need to watch, if you have not already, "The Ranger, the Cook and a Hole in the Sky".
I know Litl Rooster has seen it.  Wink

Slim

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: 1/2 past the Year, July Coffee is here « previous next »
Jump to: