Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 11:48:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  STORM (Moderators: RRio, Major 2)  |  Topic: New Toys 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Toys  (Read 1796 times)
Mogorilla
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« on: June 25, 2017, 05:31:38 pm »

VTI got a shipment of barrels in.   Now have a full assortment.

* versatile1.jpg (166.39 KB, 766x639 - viewed 28 times.)

* Pistol2.jpg (146.09 KB, 490x653 - viewed 21 times.)

NCOWS #3297
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 05:42:35 pm »

Kool  Smiley

with your permission, I'll add it to Avenging Angel sticky
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 05:50:08 pm »

And you still have money left over? Drinks are on Mogorilla!

Professor Marvel
purveyor of useless items to the gentry
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

life is too short to waste on stupid

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 07:17:02 pm »

that's what I like about the colt open tops - they are  "swiss-army revolvers" with the multitude of interchangable barrels and grip frames :-)

yhs
prf mvl

Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Mogorilla
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 06:51:48 am »

Hey Major, absolutely on adding it. 
Ha Capt.  When you draw 4 aces, yeah you probably ought to buy the drinks.   
Hi Prof.   yes, the flexibility is great.   That grip is one from an 1860 colt I have a synthetic ivory grip on.  They are perhaps the best grained/figured of any I have.  It was with some hesitation that I started carving on it to put the spade on both sides.  First stripping, then sketching, then using the dremel on both sides, inlaying the copper wire and finally the most personal touch of all, the dark filling is a finely ground French roast mixed with epoxy.   Nothing like the smell of a coffee house while sanding the grips.  All I needed was a poetry reading in the garage and it would have been set. 

NCOWS #3297
Professor Marvel
purveyor of useless items to the gentry
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

life is too short to waste on stupid

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 03:08:46 am »

the most personal touch of all, the dark filling is a finely ground French roast mixed with epoxy.   Nothing like the smell of a coffee house while sanding the grips.  All I needed was a poetry reading in the garage and it would have been set. 

nicely done! two of my favorites : coffee and colts!

yhs
pf mvl

Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 07:27:53 am »

That is an inventive approach, I salute you sir! Is there sugar and cream somewhere?

Mogorilla
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 07:36:30 am »

I think I got the coffee idea from watching Youtube.  My wife will tell you that Youtube is not a good thing for me.  It gives me all sorts of ideas.    Cheesy.

NCOWS #3297
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 09:36:53 am »

Mogorilla,

Nice.  Really Really NICE.  As a proponent of the "Swiss Army Knife" in pistols, that gun be REALLY REALLY KOOL!!  Being able to swap out barrels is just downright FUN.  So is being able to swap out CALIBERS!!  Didja ever try a Pietta 36 cylinder and barrel on a Pietta 1860??  And ...... so long as ALL the burrs on the screw holes in the water table are removed, often you can mount a .44 cylinder and barrel on a Pietta 1851 frame, snug, but doable.

I am personally also a card carrying Caffeine addict.  Starbucks is my second home.  I'm afraid every time I gripped that set of grips, I'd be immediately drawn to the local Coffee House.  Oh YES!!!!!  Really nice Inlet.  Now .... I may have to make some grips this winter.

See what you've done.  It's all YOUR fault!!  Lemme see, now where is my stash of exotic wood .............

Coffinmaker
Mogorilla
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 07:54:09 am »

And so it begins....

I guess that makes me patient Zero.  Ha.
I have not tried switching out different calibers.  I do have a dance brothers pistol and have wondered if that barrel is interchangeable. 

I am a sucker for interesting grips.   I flattened the ones for my Dance Brothers and inlayed a texas star on one side.  The flattened panels of the grips match the lack of recoil shields on the frame.   

To paraphrase one of my wife's favorite movies. 

Our ability to "customize" is what sets us apart from the animals.

(Oh, and I am sipping a guad espresso latte at this very moment.   Oh yeah coffee addict.)

NCOWS #3297
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  STORM (Moderators: RRio, Major 2)  |  Topic: New Toys « previous next »
Jump to: