Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 06:06:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  SCORRS (Moderator: Bull Schmitt)  |  Topic: Euroarms 1858 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euroarms 1858  (Read 998 times)
ol coot
Very Active Citizen

« on: June 24, 2017, 11:15:06 am »

Can anyone tell me what conversion cylinder fits a Euroarms 1858 Remington

My Lord is my shepard, my bible is my guide, my horse is my partner, my colt's on my side.  
RGA#684
RAT#514
Storm#370
SASS#46209
hellgate
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 11:26:19 pm »

You'd best ask the manufacturer of the conversion cylinder. I salvaged a Euroarms Remmie whose cylinder was machined out of battery by dropping in a Uberti cylinder. The cylinder gap was about .009" which is a little wide but acceptable. I remember reading where you could send in your Remington and the manufacturer would fit the conversion cylinder for you. Don't know if that is still true.

"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992
ol coot
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 08:10:07 am »

Thanks for the reply but Eourarns has been out of busness  for some time.

My Lord is my shepard, my bible is my guide, my horse is my partner, my colt's on my side.  
RGA#684
RAT#514
Storm#370
SASS#46209
hellgate
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 11:47:14 am »

Pardon my confusion. I should have said you may be able to send the gun into the manufacturer of the conversion cylinder who would fit it to the gun.

"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 12:47:40 pm »

Measure your current cylinder.

IIRC there are two lengths Pietta being the longer of the two.... I want to say .030 longer than Uberti.

I believe you'll find the one for Uberti is the one you want....

Contact Gary Barnes aka Hoof Harted, he can do you a super fit job ...IIRC it's about $80 and he tunes it to fit.

no dog in the Fight....just offering a suggestion
ol coot
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 05:06:56 pm »

Yes, Gary is the man to go to. I have had Gary work on several of mine in the past.
I should have remembered him. Old age creeping up on me I guess. Shocked

RGA#684
RAT#514
Storm#370
SASS#46209
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 08:53:31 pm »

Old Age doesn't "creep up" on ya.  It STOMPS.  What were we talking about Huh  Creeps??  I've met some ........
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  SCORRS (Moderator: Bull Schmitt)  |  Topic: Euroarms 1858 « previous next »
Jump to: