Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 08:32:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Powder Room - CAS reloading (Moderator: Professor Marvel)  |  Topic: Help with 38-40 WCF Lee factory crimp and Dillon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with 38-40 WCF Lee factory crimp and Dillon  (Read 396 times)
Michael C
Citizen

« on: June 23, 2017, 10:23:16 pm »

I am new to reloading 38-40 WCF for a 1907 Colt SAA; however, I have been reloading for rifle and straight wall pistol for several years. Tonight I was setting up my dies in my Dillon 550B and got everything squared away except the Lee Factory Crimp Die. I could not get it low enough to crimp and then realized that the shell plate was making contact with the bottom of the die and ripped off the first bit of threads on the die. I pulled it out and put it in my single stage press and used it without any issues. However, I would like to use in the Dillon. Anyone have any advice?
Mike
Michael C
Citizen

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 02:50:18 pm »

Update, I ground off the bottom two-three threads and it works fine now. 
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 05:37:44 pm »

Yep.
wM1

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Pettifogger
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 05:46:23 pm »

Yep, although I was slightly more elegant and turned the threads down on a lathe.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Powder Room - CAS reloading (Moderator: Professor Marvel)  |  Topic: Help with 38-40 WCF Lee factory crimp and Dillon « previous next »
Jump to: