Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 06:00:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Frontier Iron (Moderator: St. George)  |  Topic: S&W top breaks???? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S&W top breaks????  (Read 1209 times)
willy
Top Active Citizen

« on: June 19, 2017, 07:12:14 pm »

Never had the chance to handle any of the single action S&W top breaks.
Was wondering about the triggers,,
After firing,,,do you have to release the trigger before you can cycle the action,,like a double action revolver?

St. George
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 07:59:28 pm »

Yes.

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."
willy
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 09:32:29 pm »

Yes.

Scouts Out!

Thank you,, Wink
Johnson Barr
Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators, Double M Cowboys, GAF
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Senator

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 07:53:34 pm »

Actually no. You can thumb slip S&W single actions. The cycling of the hammer has always engaged the cylinder bolt on my single action top breaks; 32's, 38's and 44's. But why not be a man and use one hand duelist style. Time is precious, why rush a good thing. Top breaks are not gamer guns. Slow down, breathe the smoke, enjoy.
Life is short enough. Grin

"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson
Driftwood Johnson
Driftwood Johnson
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 09:30:15 pm »

Actually no. You can thumb slip S&W single actions. The cycling of the hammer has always engaged the cylinder bolt on my single action top breaks; 32's, 38's and 44's.

Howdy

I dunno about your single action Top Breaks, but my Schofield, Russian, and New Model Number Three cannot be slip hammered. The trigger MUST be released or you cannot pull back the hammer. I was shooting my New Model #3 in a match a couple of weeks ago and I forgot. Just a teeny bit of pressure on the trigger prevented me from cocking the hammer.

S&W large fame Top Breaks were always like that. The bolt is actuated by the trigger, not the hammer. Happy Trails used to do a modification so the hammer actuated the bolt, then they could be slip hammered. But he is retired now.

Thats bad business! How long do you think Id stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If hed pay me that much to stop robbing him, Id stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Frontier Iron (Moderator: St. George)  |  Topic: S&W top breaks???? « previous next »
Jump to: