Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 02:11:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Spencer Shooting Society (Moderator: Two Flints)  |  Topic: New Spencer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Spencer  (Read 1390 times)
CuthbertJTwillie
Citizen

« on: June 18, 2017, 01:42:03 pm »

Shot a new-to-me Armi Spencer in 45 S+W today in one stage of a match.  Used pinnacle and a 200g rnfp.  Feeding/ejecting was not without issues.  It appears that cycling rounds  is best done with the barrel pointed a bit down?
injun john
Active citizen

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:14:47 am »

My gun is in 56-50 but I have found that overall length was the cause of all my feeding issues.  Took a bit of trial and error but
found just the right size to work smooth in any barrel orientation. 
I did also go to a bullet with a smaller flat point and more rounded sides, that took the last of the rinky-tinky feel out of the chambering.
southpaw Rooster Cogburn
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 06:36:23 pm »

quote author=injun john link=topic=59485.msg710200#msg710200 date=1499346887]
My gun is in 56-50 but I have found that overall length was the cause of all my feeding issues.  Took a bit of trial and error but
found just the right size to work smooth in any barrel orientation. 
I did also go to a bullet with a smaller flat point and more rounded sides, that took the last of the rinky-tinky feel out of the chambering.
[/quote]which bullet was that ?[
injun john
Active citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 08:34:38 pm »

I designed one that was near as possible to the original configuration and had Andy Lee make me a couple of six cavity molds.
I could send you a few to see if they work as well for you. if they do I'm sure he could make you one or two.
CuthbertJTwillie
Citizen

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 10:06:51 am »

Thanks for the input.
El Supremo
kevintinny@hotmail.com
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 03:22:19 pm »

Sorry, I missed the beginning of this tread:

Suggest that a photo of the bullet be sent to our Administrator for posting here.  Hope that the nose of the bullet is flat enough to prevent kabooms.

Respectfully,
El Supremo/Kevin Tinny

Pay attention to that soft voice in your head.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Spencer Shooting Society (Moderator: Two Flints)  |  Topic: New Spencer « previous next »
Jump to: